What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Why are both teams wearing their away? That knights away is my least favourite jersey of the last few years
As a knights fan in the initial stages I struggled to work out which team was which.

There was no need for both teams to wear away, would have made more sense for both teams to wear home.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
As a knights fan in the initial stages I struggled to work out which team was which.

There was no need for both teams to wear away, would have made more sense for both teams to wear home.
The Knights are my second favourite team. I just think that design is so lazy. They’ve just taken the home jersey and changed certain panels to white but the panels don’t really line up with the design. It’s garbage and they wear it way more than they need to

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Only two explanations make sense

- we wanted to wear it for merch purposes (dumb)
- Like v Melbourne, Newcastle packed the wrong kit (unlikely)

So stupid. Home v Home would not have clashed

It's Been Done

Juniors
Only two explanations make sense

- we wanted to wear it for merch purposes (dumb)
- Like v Melbourne, Newcastle packed the wrong kit (unlikely)

So stupid. Home v Home would not have clashed
It's stupid because Canterbury's home jersey is 75% white with Blue shorts while Newcastle's home jersey is 75% Blue with blue shorts. I think though, there's a requirement for NRL sides to wear their alternate strips several times a year, most sides meet that quota as most Home jerseys are ruled to clash against each other (or wear actual Home and Away strips in the case of Souths) whereas Canberra, St George, Cronulla and Canterbury barely clash with anyone thus you get these stupid occasions where 2 sides wear alternates. The worst game I can remember for this was St George vs New Zealand a few years ago where both wore their alternates even though the Warriors home kit at the time was fine (and still is) against our alternate

GAZF

First Grade
Dogs having interchangeable white shorts and/or socks would help to avoid these kinds of issues.

It's Been Done

Juniors
Yep. And in typical Dragons style, it will be emblazoned with the names of 2020 members instead of 2021. Never change, St George
From the Dragons store
The 'Part of Me' jersey is a tribute to those members who pledged their Red V Membership throughout a challenging and unprecedented 2020 season.

Every member who selected the 'Red V is a Part of Me' option for their 2020 ticketed membership will have their name represented on the Dragons' 'Part of Me' jersey.

If you are unsure if your name is on the jersey, please call 1300 DRAGON and check with one of our staff.

Timmah

Staff member
Yet another game with both teams in their alternates, this time Penrith vs Wests Tigers
I actually understand this one - Tigers' orange jumper is still largely black so Panthers needed to be in something different.

Timmah

Staff member
Penrith were the home team. Tigers had to wear something that wouldn't clash with Penrith's pink, not the other way round.
They don't have anything that does it, otherwise they would have?

I haven't seen anywhere where Penrith were upset by it so I don't know why it's an issue.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Black vs orange or black vs pink looks much better than pink vs orange. Penrith being the home team get to choose what they want. Tigers home kit would have looked much better against the Panthers in pink. This is why I hate the concept of ‘home and away’, it should be a ‘main and a clash’. If Penrith do wear their home, the tigers away still has such a large amount of black that’s it’s not a great matchup

Hit The Post

Juniors
They don't have anything that does it, otherwise they would have?

I haven't seen anywhere where Penrith were upset by it so I don't know why it's an issue.
What I mean is that Penrith had first choice of what jersey to wear since they were the home team, and since they for some reason decided to wear their away jersey at home, the tigers had to make sure their jersey did not clash with Penrith's pink.

Latest posts