What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 - Roosters vs Rabbitohs: Friday 27th August 7:55pm @Suncorp Stadium

I’m not giving up mate it is a hard hit but we have to get on with it as best as we can. NEVER SAY DIE!!

It is a bit harder now but we still have great quality there.

I can’t believe Cam Murray he’s just sensational so so good.

We lost our way when Reyno went off tonight but when he came back we ran away with it, that’s how crucial Reyno is for us. I know you see it.
It’s nowhere near over for you guys.

I had a massive argument with some of the Panthers recently - they claimed their yowie was better than Cam Murray. Ffs, in what universe?! His game is live wire.

And any sign of any fracas or a fight, Murray is always just about first in there. Hes a talent, but he’s ready with his mitts anytime anywhere.

Cody gets better and better and better. He’s a freak. I’ve followed the game for decades, he’s a very unique player, you are really lucky.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Still there was lots of good to come out of tonight we need to look at the positives rather than the negatives too.

There was so many good things we did and although the Roosters were very much weakened you can only play what’s in front of you.

The last 3 times we have played them we have won all 3 times scoring 140-36.

I thought our lack really stood up. Murray as always was sensational and his clean up work exemplary... the GOAT NICHOLLS YEAH THE GOAT 24 HIT UPS FOR 245 METRES AND 2 TRIES. Tatola was strong as was Arrow and Tom. Su’a got back in some fine form too whilst Host was his usual self. I also thought Cookie had another fine game too.

In the backs well Campbell was awesome I loved the tackle where he crunched Teddy and Teddy lost the ball that got me up on my feet. Dane was tireless as usual and I love how he stuck up for Cody towards the end. AJ just wow what a sight to watch so happy he got another hat trick against the scum! And Paulo really did well with some strong carries plus a try and try assist. I thought that was Paulo’ best game for us yet.

So yeah still so many positives so cmon all let’s have a round of Glory Glory sing along altogether now!

EASTERN SUBURBS ROOSTER CROWED AND THEN WAS CONQUERED TOO!!!

Still there was lots of good to come out of tonight we need to look at the positives rather than the negatives too.

There was so many good things we did and although the Roosters were very much weakened you can only play what’s in front of you.

The last 3 times we have played them we have won all 3 times scoring 140-36.

I thought our lack really stood up. Murray as always was sensational and his clean up work exemplary... the GOAT NICHOLLS YEAH THE GOAT 24 HIT UPS FOR 245 METRES AND 2 TRIES. Tatola was strong as was Arrow and Tom. Su’a got back in some fine form too whilst Host was his usual self. I also thought Cookie had another fine game too.

In the backs well Campbell was awesome I loved the tackle where he crunched Teddy and Teddy lost the ball that got me up on my feet. Dane was tireless as usual and I love how he stuck up for Cody towards the end. AJ just wow what a sight to watch so happy he got another hat trick against the scum! And Paulo really did well with some strong carries plus a try and try assist. I thought that was Paulo’ best game for us yet.

So yeah still so many positives so cmon all let’s have a round of Glory Glory sing along altogether now!

EASTERN SUBURBS ROOSTER CROWED AND THEN WAS CONQUERED TOO!!!

Yeah that’s a fair account.

I can’t remember who threw that unseeable pass near the end. That was a great pass.

Sua did make a comeback as you said. Benji panicked with that pass, but learned from it soon after.

I think you just obliterated them mentally.

I’m sorry old mate got his cheekbone fractured and I hope he recovers quickly.

I broke a wrist playing afl one season and the pain was pretty bad and I was out 6 weeks. All our nrl players are much much tougher. I admire their courage. They are mad boys.

We are taking good care of your Amone at wt. plenty of game time. Nice guy too.

Jim Rockford

Bench
It’s nowhere near over for you guys.

I had a massive argument with some of the Panthers recently - they claimed their yowie was better than Cam Murray. Ffs, in what universe?! His game is live wire.

And any sign of any fracas or a fight, Murray is always just about first in there. Hes a talent, but he’s ready with his mitts anytime anywhere.

Cody gets better and better and better. He’s a freak. I’ve followed the game for decades, he’s a very unique player, you are really lucky.
You're right on the money there Phantom. With regards to Cody, we've already made one massive blunder letting Reyno go, we can't afford to make another by losing Cody. It will be one of the most important moves the club has made in a long,long time.

Jim Rockford

Bench
On behalf of all Wests Tiger fans after his behaviour towards us over the last year, I say suck shit to Latrell! He'll finally get the punishment he deserves.
On behalf of all Souths fans I say suck shit to the Mergepies for once again being too pathetic to make the Finals. What is that, a full decade without playing September football? Now THAT is a truly woeful football club!

truthslayer

Juniors
Well, we move on. First off I blame Liam Knight for all of this! His stupid offload and a penalty all led to Easts putting pressure on us. Latrell is careless but trying to stop a try, the way Manu was falling just added to a terrible clash of bodies. I think next week Bennet will have faith in Taafe and play him at fullback for the finals run. Our forewards need to really be on their game and give everything. They were good for the first 20 mins against Penrith but we need 80 mins plus in the final. I do not think we have a spot on the Bench for Benji comes final, unless one of our halves is carrying an injury. I have to comment on the rise of Jaxon Paulo doing a lot of things right! As for can, we win the comp it's going to be harder without Latrell, but it's not about one person it is a team game. We have a lot of great players and given the bounce of the ball and fair refereeing we can do it. We had a few fwds go missing against Penrith and they need to step up. I am all for Bennet giving some of our players a rest. Cameron Murray is an inspiration. And the last comment on Latrell he came to Souths with questions, however, he has committed way and above to the team making fools of his critics.

handyman2190

Bench
On behalf of all Wests Tiger fans after his behaviour towards us over the last year, I say suck shit to Latrell! He'll finally get the punishment he deserves.
Your obviously a bitter and unhappy chappy your team again has missed playing finals footy,over the last few years we have tried to help the tigers,your best player is 1 of our discards. And trell paid the price for the little flick to sanctamonious nofalouma,so your saying its never enough? Maybe thats why trell gave away 300k not to come to your embittered deseased club

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
People calling it a Dog Shot are WAY off the mark. There was nothing malicious in it at all. It was an accident, they happen especially when you play the game as whole-heartedly as Trell does. I think the way the Rorter players carried on was a lot more questionable.
Yeah I don't think it was malicious or intentional. If you look at Latrell's reaction to Manu confronting him, he truly looks surprised and doesn't say anything, no yapping etc whereas he looked happy to mix it up with the Rooster who is saying F...you in the melee. He didn't have a beef with Manu.

But I'll be surprised if the match review commitariat don't hit him with a reckless 2 or 3, because they always look at the damage caused (which is bs)

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Well, we move on. First off I blame Liam Knight for all of this! His stupid offload and a penalty all led to Easts putting pressure on us. Latrell is careless but trying to stop a try, the way Manu was falling just added to a terrible clash of bodies. I think next week Bennet will have faith in Taafe and play him at fullback for the finals run. Our forewards need to really be on their game and give everything. They were good for the first 20 mins against Penrith but we need 80 mins plus in the final. I do not think we have a spot on the Bench for Benji comes final, unless one of our halves is carrying an injury. I have to comment on the rise of Jaxon Paulo doing a lot of things right! As for can, we win the comp it's going to be harder without Latrell, but it's not about one person it is a team game. We have a lot of great players and given the bounce of the ball and fair refereeing we can do it. We had a few fwds go missing against Penrith and they need to step up. I am all for Bennet giving some of our players a rest. Cameron Murray is an inspiration. And the last comment on Latrell he came to Souths with questions, however, he has committed way and above to the team making fools of his critics.
I thought your first line was tongue-in-cheek, but yeah I'll go along with it - blame Liam! 😂

The rest is a good summary, and agree

callmack1

Staff member
Dunno about you guys but I'm a sick and sorry sight this morning. We've just hammered the Roosters so should all be absolutely stoked which just makes it even worse.

Rabbitohs claim the Ron Coote Cup against Roosters: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/08/27/rabbitohs-v-roosters/

Press Conference - Round 24: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/08/27/press-conference-roosters-v-rabbitohs--round-24-2021/

Bennett confident of title chances with or without Latrell: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/08/27/bennett-confident-of-title-chances-with-or-without-latrell/

‘You f***ing kidding me?’ - Ref cops it as spiteful clash descends into farce: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...m/news-story/508f3ba025c78a97d5a50005033453d4

‘Might decimate both teams’ - Latrell faces big ban for ‘enormous’ high shot on Manu: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/156a8033fd827141bc6a4067c4f7bde2

Latrell Mitchell 'won't play again this year', says Phil Gould: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/latrel...il-gould/d3764517-969f-491f-9775-d5fa4611dccc

What’s done has been done and it’s pretty much out of everyone’s control.

So the question pretty much turns to replacement and configuration.

I think Wayne said hes spent ages out this year anyway, everyone survived ok.

If anything, he’s probably let the whole club down at a critical time, the biggest concern being he lacked the insight to calm down the demons. But he’s not indispensable.

For all of his talent, he has some pieces missing upstairs. He’s not the only player with this issue.

I used to love my Munster until he got skittish. The garbage crept into his awesome game and I demoted him.

Done is done. I say 8-10 weeks is what they will give him.

Hes his own worse enemy really. No point anyone hating on him other than Souths folk.

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
If anything, he’s probably let the whole club down at a critical time, the biggest concern being he lacked the insight to calm down the demons. But he’s not indispensable.

For all of his talent, he has some pieces missing upstairs. He’s not the only player with this issue.
Yeah I think that's the thing that hurts most. It's cost the team an opportunity which they won't get again because Adam won't be there, but also the second part of your statement. I don't believe it was intentional, so therefore he's not a grub in my eyes. BUT he does have those mental demons you allude to, and that is becoming a big problem - both for him and the team. The lack of insight into protecting himself from the repercussion of that is well stated by you, and poignant.....

You kinda get a view of that when any opposing player breaks into the backfield, and Latrell is coming in to make the tackle. You kinda close your eyes in anticipation that something horrible is about to unfold....

Last edited:

Jim Rockford

Bench
You kinda get a view of that when any opposing player breaks into the backfield, and Latrell is coming in to make the tackle. You kinda close your eyes in anticipation that something horrible is about to unfold....
As a huge fan of Bundy that's what I loved most about him. Every tackle you weren't sure if he was going to annihilate the guy he was tackling. Sure you could get away with more back then but the risk of suspension was still there. I love that Trell puts it all on the line and am prepared to accept that sometimes it may backfire. As long as he is not intentionally trying to injure someone ( as was the case last night), I'm totally happy for him to keep playing the way he does.

Stubby

Juniors
Souths are a very professional organisation they should appeal the grading it was an unfortunate collision if no joy they should contest the whole grading and loading system in the courts barristers at the ready maybe seek an injunction so that latrell can play until the whole judiciary system can be turned on it’s head

Runrabbit14

Juniors
I was at the ground and thought the same about the silly offload after what transpired over the next 10 minutes.
We had all the running and threatened to run away with it if we had scored another try with the pressure we were applying.
Only found out after the game that Sele was injured in the warm up.
“What if’s” won’t change a thing now.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Souths are a very professional organisation they should appeal the grading it was an unfortunate collision if no joy they should contest the whole grading and loading system in the courts barristers at the ready maybe seek an injunction so that latrell can play until the whole judiciary system can be turned on it’s head
I totally agree with this. The charge is a joke and I do believe we can get a downgrade (although he'll still probably miss the GF)

Yeah I think that's the thing that hurts most. It's cost the team an opportunity which they won't get again because Adam won't be there, but also the second part of your statement. I don't believe it was intentional, so therefore he's not a grub in my eyes. BUT he does have those mental demons you allude to, and that is becoming a big problem - both for him and the team. The lack of insight into protecting himself from the repercussion…
To be honest, I thought he was on his own campaign out there with that accompanying element of lawlessness.

And I thought it wasn’t necessary as you had them by the throat anyway, especially with Renno cool and composed.

After the match, I didn’t see a lot of genuine and honest gratitude from the other South players to Lats. Some small talk, but after such an awesome score, the victory was a bit muted.

I doubt Bennet was impressed, but he’s a very experienced coach and has been there and done that.

It has overshadowed some great footy. They lost all their composure and structure, which is uncommon.

Its one of these rugby league things. It’s a brutal sport, all the players are courageous.

That mental element in footy is all important.

I liked Nicholls game, Unsung hero.