What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 - Roosters vs Rabbitohs: Friday 27th August 7:55pm @Suncorp Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
For the recored I have no issue with people defending themselves. What annoys me is all this petty name calling that goes back and forth and clogs up the forum. It's not needed.

If you have a problem with someone, either use the ignore function or take it to the PM's and sort it out in private.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Thanks.

I get into trouble too at home forum for defending myself. Stryker was just trying to use me as a punching bag, I hit back and he’s run away.

What about Annesley giving up on his men like that? The officials are all vulnerable to a Robbo-like attack now. Open slather on the eve of the finals. Annesley should not interfere or speak until after the judiciary. Now the judiciary are under pressure to convict and wallop him. The process is compromised.

Once the process is corrupted, he can’t expect a fair go and no matter what he’s done or not, it’s pretty unfair. For any player.
We're back to the bad old days of the NRL - National Rooster League

Quit your crying and go back to your vodka.

It wasn't anything like a dog shot, it was careless with force.
Like Gus and Gallen and Joey said, guess you never played the game before.
Guess you forgot the rabbit punches your mob throws in tackles, they are cheap dog shots
Oh Really so players can hit others in the head and no one can say anything about it or have an opinion unless they have have played the game.

Bit like saying you can't be in charge of the NSW transport unless you have been a train or bus driver.

It was a dog shot with malice and intent coming from the side - A Visibly upset Manu confronted him and Goolagong-Mitchell showed zero remorse mouthing off at Manu and carried on a like a pork chop for the rest of game.

The bloke is a liability - i know people that have coached him in juniors at the Chooks and he had same attitude of then of wanting to hurt opposition players as he has now.

One day he will take it too far and suffer the consequences and players do have memories.

Jim Rockford

Bench
More of that propaganda you're so good at Joseph. You believe there was malice and intent, I say it was purely an accident. I think your assessment is clouded by your anger at him from leaving your club and coming to us. Speaking of players trying to harm their opponents, I think JWH striking defenders with a raised forearm is a much bigger issue than Trell mistiming a tackle.

More of that propaganda you're so good at Joseph. You believe there was malice and intent, I say it was purely an accident. I think your assessment is clouded by your anger at him from leaving your club and coming to us. Speaking of players trying to harm their opponents, I think JWH striking defenders with a raised forearm is a much bigger issue than Trell mistiming a tackle.
Yes there was malice and intent as Goolagong-Mitchell does as you know have anger management issues on the field- get's really worked up and makes it personal against certain players - wants to hurt opposition players and is beginning to become a liability with his growing wrap sheet.

I recall your player Knight and his first hit up in the second half - as he came to the defence turns sideways and leads with his shoulder and collects Ben Thomas in the head ending his night.- Knight was on report for a hip drop tackle as well on Siosiua Taukeiaho

If that was the other way around the defender doing that it would be on report /sin bin/send off unless of course if the offence was inflicted on a Chook player - nothing in the ref would say and we are playing on and the bunker oh sorry i missed it as i was looking at something else and oh sorry we can't replay it either.

JWH channeling John Harvey perhaps

1630155932927.png

Last edited:
Heres the head of NRL football signing Latrell's death warrant ( excerpt) posted NRL News today

"Wrong Option" Mitchell should have been sent off" says Annesley

"Obviously I cant dissect the incident in great detail because there is a judiciary process underway and Latrell has got the opportunity to defend the charge if he chooses. But I think its fair to say that based on what happened last night, in our view, regardless of what might happen at the judiciary process, the bunker took the wrong option of the sin bin."

When he says this:

"Obviously I cant dissect the incident in great detail because there is a judiciary process underway and Latrell has got the opportunity to defend the charge if he chooses.

He's trying to add a "objective: disclaimer" of purported fairness to what he's about to say next.

Then he says next:

" But I think its fair to say that based on wat happened last night, in our view, regardless of what might happen at the judiciary process, the bunker took the wrong option of the sin bin."

Which is what he actually means.

Issues

So you have the head of the NRL football, one of the most powerful people in rugby league saying that Latrell should have been dealt with more harshly than he was. That he did something so horrific, he should have been sent off which is the worse penalty a player can receive.

In my view, this is a clear message to the judiciary that they smash him into the next world.

It is worse because you can see in the preface that he tries to add the disclaimer that he doesn't want to interfere and Latrell has rights, but in the very next breath he pumps him hard. So any reference from Annesley about him respecting the judiciary is disingenuous and quite frankly, rubbish because his other words condemn.

This is contemptuous and treats us all as fools.

So I think it could be argued that he's tried to influence the judiciary and meddle in its process.

No player deserves this treatment. It simply undermines the judiciary and the trust in it.

So this being said, by such a powerful and influential figure in the game, suggests that Latrell's chances of a fair hearing seem to be significantly compromised.

Whatever Latrell has done, this "direction to assassinate" is a disgrace.

It shows the complete contempt for the judicial process, for Latrell and the game at large. Totally unnecessary as well actually. Grandstanding tough cop nonsense.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
I knew you souffs fans were a bit odd but you have proven to be completely deluded.

Latrell should consider himself lucky to only get 6 weeks. The bloke is unhinged and needs some anger management courses otherwise he risks a premature end to what could otherwise be a legendary career.

Valheru

Coach
Heres the head of NRL football signing Latrell's death warrant ( excerpt) posted NRL News today

"Wrong Option" Mitchell should have been sent off" says Annesley

"Obviously I cant dissect the incident in great detail because there is a judiciary process underway and Latrell has got the opportunity to defend the charge if he chooses. But I think its fair to say that based on what happened last night, in our view, regardless of what might happen at the judiciary process, the bunker took the wrong option of the sin bin."

When he says this:

"Obviously I cant dissect the incident in great detail because there is a judiciary process underway and Latrell has got the opportunity to defend the charge if he chooses.

He's trying to add a "objective: disclaimer" of purported fairness to what he's about to say next.

Then he says next:

" But I think its fair to say that based on wat happened last night, in our view, regardless of what might happen at the judiciary process, the bunker took the wrong option of the sin bin."

Which is what he actually means.

Issues

So you have the head of the NRL football, one of the most powerful people in rugby league saying that Latrell should have been dealt with more harshly than he was. That he did something so horrific, he should have been sent off which is the worse penalty a player can receive.

In my view, this is a clear message to the judiciary that they smash him into the next world.

It is worse because you can see in the preface that he tries to add the disclaimer that he doesn't want to interfere and Latrell has rights, but in the very next breath he pumps him hard. So any reference to him respecting the judiciary is disingenuous and quite frankly, rubbish because his other words condemn.

So I think it could be argued that he's tried to influence the judiciary and meddle in its process.

No player deserves this treatment. It simply undermines the judiciary and the trust in it.

So this being said, by such a powerful and influential figure in the game, suggests that Latrell's chances of a fair hearing seem to be significantly compromised.

Whatever Latrell has done, this "direction to assassinate" is a disgrace.

It shows the complete contempt for the judicial process, for Latrell and the game at large. Totally unnecessary as well actually. Grandstanding tough cop nonsense.

Yes latrell is the victim here lol

Jim Rockford

Bench
I knew you souffs fans were a bit odd but you have proven to be completely deluded.

Latrell should consider himself lucky to only get 6 weeks. The bloke is unhinged and needs some anger management courses otherwise he risks a premature end to what could otherwise be a legendary career.
Unlike deluded Rorter fans who think Trell is a menace but have no problem with the way JWH plays. People in glass Houses and all that.

Valheru

Coach
Unlike deluded Rorter fans who think Trell is a menace but have no problem with the way JWH plays. People in glass Houses and all that.

JWH plays on the edge for sure but I don't remember him sprinting 20m to put his shoulder through someone's face. Latrell is an embarrassment to the sport and quite obviously psychotic who no doubt like you has convinced himself he is the victim here.

Jim Rockford

Bench
JWH plays on the edge for sure but I don't remember him sprinting 20m to put his shoulder through someone's face. Latrell is an embarrassment to the sport and quite obviously psychotic who no doubt like you has convinced himself he is the victim here.
Seems to me someone is still butthurt about the recent curbstomping his team endured. If you can't see the potential for serious injury that JWH gutlessly raising his forearm into defenders necks poses then there's no point trying to debate this.

Valheru

Coach
Seems to me someone is still butthurt about the recent curbstomping his team endured. If you can't see the potential for serious injury that JWH gutlessly raising his forearm into defenders necks poses then there's no point trying to debate this.

Deflect deflect deflect

Every roosters supporter expected a flogging. It is what it is.

Potential is not the same as the result. JWH hasn't injured anyone in over 250 games with the running style.

Latrell is quite clearly a psychopath and has cost you as a fan what I believe was a genuine chance at a premiership. You should be filthy with him instead you have adopted his victim mentality.

Jim Rockford

Bench
JWH has not been raising the forearm his whole career, so it's not a case study of 250 games. The fact that he has been lucky that he hasn't seriously injured anyone yet is by no means proof that the potential to seriously injure someone doesn't exist. As for costing us a chance at a premiership, I seem to remember back in 2014 when Bully got suspended that morons like you said that Souths were no chance of winning the GF. How did that work out?

Yes latrell is the victim here lol
I stand fast by my position.

I didn’t ask Annesley to interfere with the process.

You either want a fair and objective process or you don’t.

Obviously you don’t. Matter for you. That’s your issue.

Otherwise, you go ahead and explain why Annesleys comments were fair and in order?

Lats shouldn’t serve any penalty at all after this direct, self serving and malicious interference in his case. Up to the Supreme Court I hope. Teach the nrl bosses not to play God.

We are here for the game, not the officials self love, resume statement virtue signalling.

All this “ look how tough we are” nonsense.

Ask JDB how no fault stand down “guilty before proven innocent “ worked for him.

Latrells facing the same unjust and demeaning ideology.

Last edited:
Here,here Phantom. Very well said!
Well @Valheru was just dismissing the argument in a discourteous way.

As you understood, I haven't made any remark on the incident as I haven’t had the opportunity to hear both sides.

But already Annesley has condemned the process to a farce. The judiciary should take this account and let him off or give him a week.

You can’t have police officers breaking someone’s leg while issuing a fine for jaywalking. That’s an extreme example, but you get my point.

Wizardman

First Grade
You're the loser who was jerking himself off over how great the Rorters are. Why don't you piss off and support them, you'll fit in perfectly with the low-lifes they attract.
You can still be a Souths fan and admire the opposition. I admire the All Blacks and Melbourne Storm organisations. They have their shit together year after year.

callmack1

Staff member
After watching the replay, here's my full report,

Mitchell: Now, I'm not going to talk about his incident here, this is strictly about his performance in the game. He was brilliant the other night, completely tormented his old club. He started off looking dangerous by throwing some really nice passes, had some strong kick returns and he was taking on the line. His performance just grew from there. His first try was brilliant, some quick hands out to Paulo and then had the presence of mind to back up to get the pass and crash over. He continued to look dangerous for the rest of the game and when he came on after his sin-bin, he went into full on beat mode. His second try was fantastic, all strength, determination and power. The Roosters had no chance stopping him. Then, late in the match, there was that brilliant offload that lead to Paulo's second try. He was safe under the high ball and aside from his incident, he was great in defence. Really gutted that could be last we see of him in 2021.

Johnston: A very good night for AJ also. Did all the tough stuff well, kick returns, hit ups, he wasn't afraid to get dirty. But his finishing out on that edge was outstanding too. His second try was straight forward, he just had to catch and put it down but his other two were all speed, blistering speed to get around Abbey first and then Tedesco in the last play of the game. Was so good to see him get a hattrick! I was impressed with him defensively too, we never looked shakey down that left edge.

Gagai: Very solid night for Gags, loved his work. His hand in AJ's first try was great as he angled his run towards Abbey and forced him to commit, giving AJ some space to burn Abbey when he tried to turn and chase. Gags looked awesome for the rest of the game with the ball, doing all the dirty work well and this saw him pick up 134 meters. A lot of those runs were quality and he proved hard to put down. I also loved his work in the lead up to trell's second as he took that pass off Cody and didn't overplay his hand, he took the tackle so we could reset. Without the ball, Gags also impressed me over all. He made some really good reads. A great tackle on Abbey in the second half where we was a chance of scoring but Dane forced him out. The only negative of his night was his effort to get up and compete for the ball when Manu scored. He made no attempt at all and we need better than that. Still, a really good night for Gags.

Graham: Nothing super spectacular but he did his job to absolute perfection. Loved his running game, that was strong as always and he asked the Chooks plenty of questions down that right edge, threatening to make a break or score a couple of times throughout the game. A nice pass to put Paulo away for his first too. it was his defence I was really impressed with though and it's this area he is so, so vital to our side. Make some great stops last night, particularly the one where he came in on Tedesco and caused him to lose the ball. Well played Cammy!

Paulo: I've been critical of him many times throughout the last two Seasons as I wasn't seeing enough from him. However, to his credit, I am so proud of how he's going now! Again, on Friday night, he was really good. Enjoyed his tough runs and kick returns, they were pretty strong and he went looking for work and got involved to pick up 114 meters. Nice try assist to Latrell in the first half, he could see he was going over the sideline so got it back inside to his fullback. Was rewarded for his efforts with those two tries too, the second of which was super impressive. What strength to wriggle his way over, he had no right to score that but he got it down. No issues with him defensively at all either so great stuff from Jaxson.

Walker: Had a bit of a quiet first half but that was mainly due to other guys around himbeing absolutely on fire, he didn't need to do much so that's not a bad thing. Played a nice role in our opening try though, loved how he held the pass and held up the defenders, beautifully executed. it was the second half where Cody really came alive though and it was a sense of deja vu as he tore the Roosters apart. The cut out ball for AJ's second was sublime! As soon as Brad Abbey commited to Gags, BAM! The pass was away across his face and AJ was in. Made that brilliant line break in the build up to Latrell's second and I still have no idea how he got the ball away to Gags in that movement. He then had a hand in AJ's third off that scrum, some great playmaking down the left as he was able to hold up the defenders to make space once again. On another note, I thought Cody's kicking game was sublime, particularly his short kicking game as he forced three line dropouts I think it was, two of which were in a row to build the pressure and they eventually cracked. Love it Cody!

Reynolds: A good night for Adam too in what may well be his last ever game in Souths colours against the Roosters (if we don't meet them in the Finals). He controlled things beautifully with his kicking game all night while he was on and his role in our attack was crucial as always. Had a hand in a number of our tries by digging into the line and then getting a perfect pass away. Was a shame to see him get injured and miss the middle part of the match but it was this period where we saw how important he is because we kind of fell apart throughout this period. Was very happy to see him come back on, settle us down and we scored almost straight away. from then we just kicked on. Good defence, smothering Tedesco a few times and he didn't miss any of his shots at goal.

callmack1

Staff member
Nicholls: I've said it a few times already this year but I'm going to say it again because he just keeps getting better and better. Career best game for Nicho!! Man he worked so hard and was in absolutely everything, both with and without the ball. Really stood up, lead the pack and took it straight to those bastards. In his first stint alone I think he had 12 runs!! That's a mega effort, helped lay a great platform. By the end of the game he had a massive 24, yes, 24 runs for a massive 245 running meters. Wow! Busy in defence also. And then how about his tries?!! When it rains it pours! Loved seeing him crash over for a double in a matter of minutes and it was great lines run by him for both. The GOAT is my man of the match for sure.

Cook: Nice game from Cookie, didn't have a hell of a lot of opportunities to run but still made a couple of pretty nice darts. His service was awesome, on the mark pretty much everytime. The pass he through to Nicho for his second try was so impressive. On the replay, you see Cam is standing at first receiver and the Roosters defence are all focussed on him so Cookie just throws a brilliant face ball out to Nicho. Brilliant! Wasn't a massive game for him defensively like last week but he still mostly did his job in that area. Kind of missed his assignment when Verrills scored, he had a chance to wrap him up as the send man in but failed to do so. Still, pretty nice game Cookie.

Tatola: Didn't do anything outstanding, just went about his business with little fuss and still played a big hand in the forwards dominating their pack. Some good runs in there, 14 for 129 meters, good effort from Junior. Almost scored off that Cam Murray offload in the first stanza but sadly wasn't able to control the ball. I dunno though, I kind of like him better off the bench, played two games from there on return and was super explosive.

Su'A: I wasn't sure he deserved to come straight back into the starting side but he didn't disappoint at all. Played really well actually. Some strong, direct runs and he ran hard everytime. 17 for 143 meters which is great! Played his role as a decoy runner well down that right side when we found some joy down there and he played a big role in Paulo's first as he drew two defenders in and then made that sublime flick pass. I enjoyed his defence as well, especially that massive hit off the kick off in the first half, loved that!! Get that into ya! jaydn needs to keep this form up consistently heading into the Finals if we wants to remain in the side.

Arrow: Very solid game from Jai, once again he took the Roosters pack on and probably came out on top. Some good, hard running combined with some nice footwork made him quite hard to handle. he got close to scoring once. A massive 174 meters is a great showing of his effort. Liked his decoy running and his ball playing was nice when he went to the middle so Cam could have a spell. can't fault his defensive effort either.

Murray: Just enormous once again!! I can't take the man of the match off Nicho but Cam would be a very close second for sure. Plenty of hard running to tick over 100 meters and off the back of a lot of these runs he was able to generate quick play-the-balls. Had some nice offloads and his ball playing was outstanding again. In particular that pass for Nicho's try. It was great variation from Cam because we set that play up so often where Murray is the first to get the ball and then he goes out the back of the lead runner to hit Reyno or Cody. You can see on the replay that the Roosters expect this defensively, their eyes are all looking out the back and Tedesco in particular is over-chasing. Instead, Cam hits the lead runner in Nicho with a short ball and they can't stop him, brilliant play. Loved his effort in defence as always, cleaned up a lot including a kick in the second half that looked dangerous when the Roosters were starting to get on top. The ball he stripped was a massive play also as we scored in that next set. Love you Cam!

Marshall: Didn't impress me a hell of a lot when he came on at halfback sadly. His kicks weren't really that much of a threat and our attack looked a little dis-jointed. A forward pass which killed a play and also threw that bad pass to AJ down the left late. Thankfully, he got it right the next time and put AJ away in the last play of the game.

Host: As consistent as ever. Love when he comes on, it's nothing flashy at all and he doesn't make any massive plays but he just does his job and never lets you down. That was the case the other night again. 9 runs for 83 which isn't bad in limited minutes and then didn't let us down in defence at all. Nice work Hosty!

Burgess: I thought Tommy was really good. Plenty of quality runs, some of which were steam rolling and he threatened to break through a couple of times. His run meters kind of snuck up on me, didn't expect him to have that many but when you look at the stats he had 201 which is so impressive off the bench!

Knight: Came into the side late and I was a little disappointed in him to be fair. Didn't really take his chance. Only 5 runs, minimal meters and came up with that silly offload when we were on attack. That seemed to change the game a bit as from there, the Roosters sort of got on top and maybe that contributed to Latrell's incident? I'm not blaming Knighty of course but perhaps if he doesn't throw that pass, we may have scored and it's a different middle part of the game, who knows?

How good is it to put 50 on the Roosters!! The game kind of got overshadowed by the Latrell stuff and we kind of lost sight of just how good this performance was from our boys. it's exactly what we needed after last week.

Good stuff lads!!

Latest posts