What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Huge Positive Amongst the Doom and Gloom

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
Fellow tragics, amidst the doom and gloom have we all overlooked the significance of next weekend, the last round of the year? It is Corey Norman's last ever game in the jersey of a club we all love. I fail to recall a player in my 50 years of supporting the Dragons of a player who degraded the jersey more then Norman. We are talking about a jersey worm by Raper, Gasnier, Langlands, Proven, Ryan, Smith, Clay, Reddy, Goodwin, Young, Wynn, Hornby, Gasnier (again), Young (again), Creagh etc. Players who understood the significance of the jersey.

He ranks as the worst of all time for me; but it all ends in under a week. On that fact alone I will raise a glass at sunset next Sunday, sigh with relief and announce "HE IS NO MORE".

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Fellow tragics, amidst the doom and gloom have we all overlooked the significance of next weekend, the last round of the year? It is Corey Norman's last ever game in the jersey of a club we all love. I fail to recall a player in my 50 years of supporting the Dragons of a player who degraded the jersey more then Norman. We are talking about a jersey worm by Raper, Gasnier, Langlands, Proven, Ryan, Smith, Clay, Reddy, Goodwin, Young, Wynn, Hornby, Gasnier (again), Young (again), Creagh etc. Players who understood the significance of the jersey.

He ranks as the worst of all time for me; but it all ends in under a week. On that fact alone I will raise a glass at sunset next Sunday, sigh with relief and announce "HE IS NO MORE".
He was terrible yesterday. He marches to the beat of his own drum. The attack dies when it gets to him. Can’t wait to see the back of him.

I thought he was going ok in his early days with us but he was never the same after Maika Sivo smashed his face in at Bankwest. Very timid at running to the line - the best part of his game since then was booming kicks, the rest was pretty average.

Not making excuses but I wouldn’t be surprised if that injury has had a lasting effect on him. It was a while ago but who knows how long it really takes to get over. A similar injury ended Richie Barnett’s career, simply coz we was traumatised by it. Hoping Manu can come back next year the guy he was before Mitchell hit him.

I’m not one celebrating his departure, I’m just very disappointed if didn’t work out for whatever reason. Him and the club will be better served parting ways.

Crush

Coach

This is exactly how I felt watching last nights game. I wasn’t screaming at the TV like usual, I was just muttering to myself “one more week” and focussing purely on the kids coming through.
I don’t get why Hook selects him just as I didn’t understand why Mary selected Lafai.
Anyway, one more week, unless Hook finally sees the light.

denis preston

First Grade
I can be calm about it... until i think with the money we are paying him we could have got 2 very good NRL players and one or two promising juniors from other clubs. The vitriol aimed at this bloke is not that he is playing badly but that he is on 800k plus a year and fails to put in and challenge the line. Cant believe it if Hook will plays him next week . The difference when Amone & Sullivan got the ball was stark against when Norman just ran around in circles.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
I was just as frustrated as anyone watching him play but I never hated him. I saved that vitriol for those that kept picking him.

Particularly this year, it would do my head in when Hook would constantly talk him up in post-match pressers.

I don't think anyone ever goes out to deliberately fail but he just shouldn't have been sent out there at all. Unfortunately, the one person that mattered seemed inexplicably to disagree.

Lovemedragons

Juniors

if the coach had a clue it would've ended months ago. A poisonous bludger being allowed to insult the red V.

Trifili13

Juniors
I thought he was going ok in his early days with us but he was never the same after Maika Sivo smashed his face in at Bankwest. Very timid at running to the line - the best part of his game since then was booming kicks, the rest was pretty average.

Not making excuses but I wouldn’t be surprised if that injury has had a lasting effect on him. It was a while ago but who knows how long it really takes to get over. A similar injury ended Richie Barnett’s career, simply coz we was traumatised by it. Hoping Manu can come back next year the guy he was before Mitchell hit him.

I’m not one celebrating his departure, I’m just very disappointed if didn’t work out for whatever reason. Him and the club will be better served parting ways.
I can talk from experience here in that I coped a deliberate elbow that fractured my cheekbone playing soccer and was always a bit gun shy going up for headers after that.

I think what upsets most of us is that we have got nowhere near value for money from him. If he was on say 300k you can't expect miracles but on the rumoured 800k you would want more than what he has provided.

St_Bondi

Juniors

This is my favourite post of 2021 😉

RedVDave

First Grade
I'll be surprised if he plays, it's a nothing game give the kids a run.

1) Sloane
6) Amone
7) Sullivan
9) Lussick

thebigredv

First Grade

1) Sloane
6) Amone
7) Sullivan
9) Lussick

He'll be first picked. This time next year we will probably have a thread like this one dedicated to man who keeps him there and apparently wanted to resign him. Perish the thought.

redv13

Bench

1) Sloane
6) Amone
7) Sullivan
9) Lussick
Barring a training injury, you can guarantee he’ll be named at 7 this week, maybe even named as captain to send him off 🤢

denis preston

First Grade
If Hook has a manager / mentor surely, surely they would be advising him to ditch him for good and not inflame his reputation for this last game. i acknowledge that good to great coaches tend to sing from their own songbook but surely this obsession and obstinance is now not necessary.

Crush

Coach
If Hook has a manager / mentor surely, surely they would be advising him to ditch him for good and not inflame his reputation for this last game. i acknowledge that good to great coaches tend to sing from their own songbook but surely this obsession and obstinance is now not necessary.
Hook wanted to sign Israel Folou, re-sign Corey Norman and make JDB captain.
Not sure he has a mentor in place, if he does then he clearly needs a new one.