What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

coolumsharkie

Referee
I'm starting to like what Trindall offers, he is a work in progress but already starting to tick a few boxes. Passing skills are already great, positional play is spot on, defense can improve next year. Needs confidence in his short kicking game, that will come.

Yet a cheap player with experience would be handy.

Tiger Shark

Bench
He is built like a shoe lace. Even smaller than walker. That went well physically for the roosters. The kid is bashed up.
Rivet is 4 years away. Minimum

I don't disagree that Rivett is not close to ready I do disagree about his size. He's bigger than Walker considerably and will naturally bulk up. Unfortunately he got injured and didn't get to play any Flegg this year. I understand he went back up to QLD to rehab (shoulder) but will be back for pre season training.

Very good goal kicker and will defn benefit from a proper NSW Cup/Flegg season. Might even find himself playing in the Gus Gould preseason comp.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The Wire have a couple of good outside backs in Toby King (25) and Josh Charnley (30)
Dont think either of them have what it takes to cut it out here though, sadly.
Mike Cooper is a prop that was always on everyones radar, but he is 33 now.
Daryl Clarke is the ace at Warrington, but he has knocked back a number of teams to stay in England. Gold Coast went hard at him, as did the Dogs and the Knights had a huge crack before getting JB.
Whiddop may be the only one we get, super cheap, close with Price and his wife and kids are in Sydney.
Waste of money though.

Chris Hill. also in his 30s, was off contract but is going to Hudders. Sitaleki Akauola is free to go but he failed at Penrith and failed at Wests.

There's an outside back that Price was quoted as saying he would like to take with him if he moved on. Kid who has played in Australia before. At Mullumbimby! HAHAHAHA

Last edited:

coolumsharkie

Referee
Metcalf was a gun half at 17, as was Trindall, as was Salmon, as was Deardan, as was Hutchinson and the list goes on and on and on.

Relying on the gun 17 year old to come through and be your marquee player or even just a solid 1st grader is fraught with danger.
So the Titans have discovered and a few other clubs for that matter.. Most show promise but are only average as time goes by. Corey Norman is a good example there, he's been playing his best footy lately too. I think if we give Trindall a crack next year in the 7, playing with Hynes might steady his game enough to hone in on some of his natural ability.

shaggs

Coach
So the Titans have discovered and a few other clubs for that matter.. Most show promise but are only average as time goes by. Corey Norman is a good example there, he's been playing his best footy lately too. I think if we give Trindall a crack next year in the 7, playing with Hynes might steady his game enough to hone in on some of his natural ability.
Corey Norman is playing because him and Dugan will both end at Lithgow

R-15-3

Juniors
If the price is right. Definitely need an enforcer type prop or 2. Hasn’t been horrible this year and Fitz has history with him so if he thinks he can get some good footy out of him on the cheap why the f**k not.

Chimp

Bench
1 left field name that could be an option - Dylan Napa.

obvious Fitz links, will not be commanding big dollars at all, suspect you’d get him at ‘squad man’ type money…

He’s been gash at the dogs, but there’s a good player in there, and if on low money, is low risk, as can just be a squad depth man if need be, but could turn out a cheapie diamond.

SST
Papali’iiiii (eels)
Napa

and ideally a good centre, and we’ve got ourselves a team that can be challengers
I called Napa as an option a couple of weeks ago - to me, makes sense if on low money (which I presume he would be).

If Fitz can get him playing to potential (He is an ex-origin and Aus rep player), he’d be terrific value. If not, he’s a decent low cost squad man.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Not every player we get will be a star. We have 3 you could regard as stats so now it’s smart team fit players we need.