What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rnd 25 V Parramatta

Haha, round 3. 20+ weeks ago. You don't think things have changed in that time with Crichton now 2nd-choice FB. Probably part of the reason he's playing on the wing now is to improve his kick returns - also least disruptive to move a winger to FB.

but you won’t have a winger on the bench, so you now move a centre to wing and a back-tower into the back line. Now 3 players have changed position.

betcats

Referee
Can't see us winning the Minor Premiership.
Even if we beat a depleted Eels outfit we still need the Sharks to beat the Storm.
Storm are going to rest some players but I don't think Belemy will let his team lose two games in a row.

I don’t know it’s pretty much a must win game for the sharks they are only in the 8 on for and against. If belly rests a lot of players i think the sharks will be a great chance.

Wouldn't you prefer to play Souths then Manly? Souths you beat a few weeks back with Too or JFH. And they had Latrell.
Manly are dangerous. No advantage on finishing 1st.

I said this last season. 1st and 5th placed sides should get to chose who they play between the side who finished 3rd or 4th.
And 5th choses 7th or 8th.
Personally I would prefer to play Manly first week; my view is we are going to need to beat Manly, South’s and Storm to win the Premiership. Given that I would rather play Manly when we have the second chance.

hindy111

Post Whore
Personally I would prefer to play Manly first week; my view is we are going to need to beat Manly, South’s and Storm to win the Premiership. Given that I would rather play Manly when we have the second chance.

It puts you on Storms side. I'd rather play them after they've had a tough game against the Storm followed by a tough win assuming the lost to Storm the following week.
You would have a week off and be fresh.

Anyhows the EELS have set the blue print how to beat the Storm. Get up in their faces. They do not like it.

MrBlack

Juniors
There is no incentive for either team to win this one.

Parra win they face Storm - better for them to lose and play themselves into more form in the lower half of the 8

We win we face Manly - we are better off playing Souths who are on the ropes and we have the wood on this year

I think both teams will rest plenty with this in mind. It will look like a NSW cup game.

The_Frog

First Grade
Haha, round 3. 20+ weeks ago. You don't think things have changed in that time with Crichton now 2nd-choice FB.
Crichton played fullback the following three games so no, nothing has changed. The coach wanted to minimise disruption mid-game and that hasn't changed either.

Girds89

Bench
Regardless to all other results this weekend we know we will be playing souths week one if melbourne win.

If melbs lose and we win than it will either be manly, roosters or parra. But most likely parra or manly.

At the end of the day you need to beat whoever to get to gf.

At our best i think only melbs could stop us. But playing at your best in the finals is always the challenge.

We need to get through this week with no injuries or suspensions and i think resting players is the best way for that. Especially nathan. They can have a heavy training week to simulate game fitness but without risk of injury or suspension.

Than come week 1 of the finals we must get the job done as history shows that having the week off is so important.

Girds89

Bench
People (including myself), werent happy with momo getting picked at centre and critta on the wing.

Have to say it worked well on the weekend. They interchanged a but and critta went to centre in attack but wing in defence. Critta brought the ball back really strong and got us on the front foot with his carries. He also made a few good reads in defence.

I think ivans got this right! Critta on the wing is safer than naden or staines yet is the strongest ball runner and has the most x factor.

Its obviously not going to be his spot moving forward but for the ballance of the team for the remainder of this year i think its pretty spot on.

There were sets on the weekend where our back 5 took every carry out of our own end (and made huge meters doing do). Really cant underestimate how important it is to give the forwards a break in the modern game. Let them save their energy for fast attacking line in defence and explosive efforts in attacking territory.

Also the back 5 really are more effective bringing it out of trouble anyway. There speed, strength and agility makes it easier for them to isolate themselves with only one or two defenders. In comparison to passing it to leota or fish or martin who arent as mobile its easier for teams to gang up on them and slow the play.

People obviously still wont be happy momo is at centre over critta and i understand it but i think we should how effective it can be on the weekend. Our back 5 had absolutley no troubke getting us down into attacking territory all game.

Smug Panther

First Grade
People (including myself), werent happy with momo getting picked at centre and critta on the wing.

Have to say it worked well on the weekend. They interchanged a but and critta went to centre in attack but wing in defence. Critta brought the ball back really strong and got us on the front foot with his carries. He also made a few good reads in defence.

I think ivans got this right! Critta on the wing is safer than naden or staines yet is the strongest ball runner and has the most x factor.

Its obviously not going to be his spot moving forward but for the ballance of the team for the remainder of this year i think its pretty spot on.

There were sets on the weekend where our back 5 took every carry out of our own end (and made huge meters doing do). Really cant underestimate how important it is to give the forwards a break in the modern game. Let them save their energy for fast attacking line in defence and explosive efforts in attacking territory.

Also the back 5 really are more effective bringing it out of trouble anyway. There speed, strength and agility makes it easier for them to isolate themselves with only one or two defenders. In comparison to passing it to leota or fish or martin who arent as mobile its easier for teams to gang up on them and slow the play.

People obviously still wont be happy momo is at centre over critta and i understand it but i think we should how effective it can be on the weekend. Our back 5 had absolutley no troubke getting us down into attacking territory all game.
Went ok but it was the Tigers and proved nothing really

Girds89

Bench
Went ok but it was the Tigers and proved nothing really
It was the gameplan and how it helped the team that impressed me.

Tigers turned up and gave it there all. Our back 5 just marched downfield easily all game. Having critta on the wing means you are getting a strong carry first up if the kick to him. It means the rest of the set we are on the front foot.

If charlie normally took any carries in the set it was a momentum killer.

For the first game of that combo i thought it worked well and will improve and overall for the team it was extremley effective..

Our back 5 made 955m. Tigers whole 17 made 1284. That says how effective it was. There was no weak or ineffective momentum killer carries at all and it allowed the forwards a rest.

The_Frog

First Grade
If melbs lose and we win than it will either be manly, roosters or parra. But most likely parra or manly.
Well it won't be Parra if we beat them and retain the JJ. It'll be Manly. If Parra and Roosters both lose Manly don't even need to win.

Kilkenny

Coach
Well it won't be Parra if we beat them and retain the JJ. It'll be Manly. If Parra and Roosters both lose Manly don't even need to win.
I can’t see Roosters winning and Eels resting a few, Paulo and a few others out we should beat the Eels comfortably.

We definitely need a good hit out so I hope the Eels put in a good effort and make it tough for us.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Prefer Manly v Storm semi first up. It will be interesting to see how Storm(Bellemi) handle Turbo could be a lesson for other coaches.

Kilkenny

Coach
Available resources have changed. Api was out with Kenny starting hooker.

May is the solution to a problem that doesn't exist...
I think the coach felt the need to give Tyrone May some game time on the weekend post injury.

I don’t know for sure what Ivan’s thinking is going into the play offs, but I have my suspicions, rightly or wrongly, May will be the 14. He clearly rates Tyrone May highly as a utility off the bench so my gut feeling is he will get the nod in front of Mitch.

Abacus

Juniors
I think the coach felt the need to give Tyrone May some game time on the weekend post injury.

I don’t know for sure what Ivan’s thinking is going into the play offs, but I have my suspicions, rightly or wrongly, May will be the 14. He clearly rates Tyrone May highly as a utility off the bench so my gut feeling is he will get the nod in front of Mitch.
Agreed, Ivan will be Ivan.

Kilkenny

Coach
Team selection announcements due in half an hour or so.

Interesting to see the selections of all the top sides, not just ours.

Given what Ivan has said publicly I’m not expecting anyone to be rested, who isn’t suffering any niggles, so I suspect we will run out in his preferred full strength 17.