What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Just another top performance with 1000 players missing. This team just keeps turning up and putting in despite who is or isn't there.

We definitely got some lucky calls in the first half but we will take it.

The biggest issue is the defence in the middle which was responsible for their first 2 tries. It needs to drastically improve. Verrills and Angus need to be way better there. I am sure JWH and Rads will help things.

A special mention to Hutch who has come a long way this season. I am not sure if there is space for him in the 17 next year but he isn't harming his chances. It certainly will be interesting to see how Robbo juggles Keary, Walker, Keighran, Lam, Hutch, Watson and Verills.

Speaking of Keighran, he is proving himself to be a capable centre, not the most explosive but a solid defender and good goal kicker. I wonder if Robbo goes with a Toops, Keigran, Manu, Sualli back line next year with Iku and Smith for depth?

3 Hutch
2 Keighran
1 Teddy

We are all Cowboys fans for the remainder of the weekend. Manly likely win but stranger things have happened.

On a final note, I am hearing whispers that Manu's injury although ugly is only actually a 2-3 week recovery time post surgery..... Week 2 finals anyone?

I can’t believe the rubbish Hutch cops in the game day threads. They’re still judging him on the player he was two years ago. Can’t wait when the whinge starts about fitting him in our salary cap. Both halves were great last night but when we’re camped near the opposition’s try line, Lam is not the half you want.

Thought SST deserves a lot of wraps leading the pack in Jared’s absence and Iku was immense last night upon his return with no damage to his confidence after injury.

We did get some lucky calls last night but Canberra‘s woeful ball control had more bearing on the result and we won’t be that lucky again for another ten years.

Verrills‘ defence has been a concern for me for some weeks, now.

Shout out to Robbo rolling the dice and winning by resting Jared and practically resting Walker. Add Radley and a longer week into the equation and we’re in our best position we’ve been in a long time heading into the finals. I still have no expectations heading into next week and will be proud regardless the outcomes that lie ahead.

Not sure what happens next year but what a luxury Robbo has before him. I’m imagining quite a sophisticated rotation policy of soughts.

3. Hutch
2. SST
1. Teddy

Last edited:
3 points: Siosiua Taukeiaho. According to Fox Sports he made 20 runs for 180 metres (53 post contact) together with 40 tackles and kicked 2 goals. He punched thru the Raiders defence and set the platform for the backs, so he gets my 3 points.

2 points: Drew Hutchinson. Steered the team brilliantly last night. 2 line break assists, 3 try assists, and 380 kick meters. At stages he looked like the second coming of Brad Fittler.

1 point: James Tedesco. 15 runs for 206 meters, 2 line breaks, 1 break assist and 2 try assists. An allround classy effort by the skipper.

Honourable mentions - Adam Keighran and Angus Crichton.

Yeah he just hasn't come along like we thought he would has he?

They say Watson was signed as a 14 but don't be surprised if he is our starting hooker next year.
Yeh, I think Sam will serve as a relief to Connor off the bench like he did Friendy. Don’t know if he’s nursing an injury or a confidence issue since his last injury but he’s been falling off tackles, particularly close to the line.

H.H

Juniors
Yeah Verrills' defence is definitely a concern. Not sure what is happening there as some of his service has been suspect too.

Anyway, another top performance. On Hutch, he was a pretty big deal coming through the juniors and you can see why with his size and skill set. A really bad knee injury has robbed him it seems of whatever speed he had but he's really looking good. Young Tuku wow what a monster and he's a natural offloader, watch out for him. Another great performance by Egan too.

3 - Hutch
2 - Siua
1 - Keighran

Let's go boys - nothing to lose from here.

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. D Hutch
2. A Keighran
1. SST

I thought Hutch was outstanding. He most certainly had a calming influence on Lam who also was good. He wasn't a one-trick pony and had great variation in his game. While he's no Cooper Cronk there are similarities and if he can continue to improve then Sam Walker could be in for a big finals, assuming Robbo plays him instead of Lam.

3. Hutch
2. Keighran
1. James Teddy

I think it was the best game I have seen Hutch and Keighran play for us. In Hutch's case, possibly the best of his career. I am happy for him.

Gee we are playing with a lot of heart and character at the moment. I am so proud of this team. Winning and progressing here on in is a bonus, but how good would it be if we can progress to the preliminary? Obviously further would be unbelievable, but we have to be realistic. I will cheering the boys on tonight that's for sure. Go Easts!