What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rnd 25 V Parramatta

Girds89

Bench
Luai averages 0.81 try assists a game compared to edwards 0.22.

Critta and momo both avg 0.35 compared to burtons 0.59.

That says pretty clearly to me a few things..jerome is a much better ball player than edwards. Jerome gets much cleaner early ball to his centre. And critta isnt creating as much as we think!!! Especially when hes played with staines outside him most of the year.

Put momo or critta to the left and 0.35 try assists probably goes to 0.5 easy.

If our right side attack gets as much time and space as the left it will see improvement but our team isnt structured that way. The guns play on the left.

Just for reference momo and critta also both avg 0.35 trys a game coincidentally.

Critta averages 1.61 missed tackles a game compared to 1.35 for momo, matt burton misses 2.36.... significantly the worst yet, including more than nado, but everyone loves burto. Charlie misses tackles at double the rate brian too does. But of any player thats played centre this year momos been statistically the safest.

As critta:
Momo statistacally is a safer defender.
Makes almost one more tackle break a game.
Averages slightly less line break assists.
Averages exactky same tries and try assists
Averages twice as many linebreaks.
Averages way less meters but crittas played fb

In no world is momo as good as critta. Its not the point im trying to make..

But some on here are certainly one eyed towards some players. Only see the good in some but only the bad in others.

Has momo really been that bad? Because they way some carry on about him is clearly laughable. Hes obviously a good defender. And the stats between him and critta show that clearly the issues are with our right side attack..not really them individually.

He had games where he missed oppurtunites..simple ones. But critta certainly hasnt been perfecf. Hes missed plenty himself too. Just is the nature of the beast playing on our right side. Less time, less space, less oppurtunities.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Wow... you know how to use nrl stats. Well done mx haha.

Its not what i asked haha. Did you actually watch the game??

I watched it twice. Second time just to disprove the crap you posted.

So where were they outclassed? Other than a well executed try off a kick??

You said all sorts of crap that he was completley outclassed defensivley...

Where else? Watch it tell me when... and ill have a look for a third time..

For you info he missed one tackle. From memory it was on carty in about 60th minute on our 40m line. Which didnt result in anything.

Anyway good to know you can use nrl stats... but you forget the ones that dont spin your narrative... like they missed more than double the tackles critta and momo did. Or the fact momo made more tackle breaks by himself than them combined. Or that critta almost made as many meters by himself as them combined....
Just left those ones out conviently haha.

Again... show me when they were supposedly outclassed?

Im happy to watch if you can.

Critta and staines have conceded trys from kicks this year but i never heard you bagging them after saying they were outclassed.... especially when for the most part they were great...
I just showed you. Your head is buried in the sand. I used stats because you ignored individual events. Stats tell the 80 minute story... And in the case of this post the story of the season.

The only crap being spewed is you with bullshit claims like rock solid defensively when the only 2 defensive misses were against them. By a reserve grade edge with reserve grade halves running the team.

Awesome. Momirovski broke more tackles.. yet still resulted in zero tries, linebreaks or assists. The play just died. Atleast a linebreak not resulting in a try can result in a quick play the ball against a scattered defence. He didn't even provide that.

Our right edge was the best defensive right edge in the competition. You wouldn't stop bagging Staines out for one missed tackle on a much bigger winger when Momirovski was beaten inside him and he had to try recovering to make an impossible try saving tackle. But you go to all levels of defence to make false claims about being defensively rock solid now when the chinks in our armour were found on that edge.

Then you try to claim you call things as they actually are. When all you do is try to spin shit to suit your agenda. Which i suppose everyone does to an extent. But unlike you im not against the player being in the team. Im just against him playing in a position that weakens 2 positions.

Our best centre pairing is without doubt Burton and Crichton. You dont weaken that to strengthen a wing. Especially not when the centre thrown in undoes any strengthening of the wing gained by offering less opportunities to the winger. That has weakened 2 positions.

Throw Momirovski on the wing. I've never denied he has some skills and that he has something to offer. He's a decent ball runner. I just have issue with his weaknesses as a centre as those weaknesses cripple the attacking opportunities for another player. I have no issue with him being in the team so long as he doesn't have another position relying upon him to create opportunities. His best contribution in the NRL came as a winger against atop 4 side.

Hate the stats all you want. I'll post them anyway to illustrate my point. His try assists for the year. 4 at centre in 3 games.

1 vs Storm R3
1 vs Raiders R5
2 vs Bulldogs 12

0 try assists as a centre in 12 games though.

0 vs Cowboys R1, Bulldogs R2, Sea Eagles R4, Bulldogs R6, Souths R11, Tigers R13, Sharks R14, Roosters R21, Dragons R22, Souths R23*, Tigers R24, Eels R25

*R23 he got 2try assists once moved to the wing

So his last try assist as a centre was against Bulldogs in Round 12. In his 7 games since then the only assists he has gotten have been when he played right wing. Ironically against the best opposition we faced in that time too.

Which is why I wouldn't mind seeing him on the wing. In half a game on the wing he has created as many opportunities as he did at centre in his last 10.5 games as a centre. Definitely worth seeing what it offered.

And for the record i am only using the stats to back up what i watched him do live... Not give his winger decent ball. Either running to the sideline and dumping it to his winger who had nowhere to go but over the sideline,or throwing poor passes to his winger that needed to perform miracle catches just to get the ball and having the opportunity killed through poor delivery. Crichton isn't perfect and had poor patches of form too. But he has a much better passing game and ability to draw in defenders to create an opportunity which might not naturally occur otherwise.

He has also been moved from left centre to fullback to right centre to fullback to right wing etc. So never really had an opportunity to polish his play in the position. A victim of being athletically freakish.

If we are to win a grand final though, having him at right centre gives us our best possible defender and most likely to create an opportunity for the player outside him.

At this stage i truly don't care who is right winger as they would be given better opportunities than Crichton gets and as a result offer more than he does despite being inferior in some aspects. He might be our best right winger outside of himself as the right centre...and even moreso if he was also the fullback to. But unfortunately we only have the one of him and he's best suited to right centre.

After this ridiculously long post though I'm done with the subject. I just hope we don't lose another grand final largely because Ivan f**ked with his best available centre pairing to try fixing an issue that didnt stop us being the best team all year only to create new issues which did.

Girds89

Bench
I just showed you. Your head is buried in the sand. I used stats because you ignored individual events. Stats tell the 80 minute story... And in the case of this post the story of the season.

The only crap being spewed is you with bullshit claims like rock solid defensively when the only 2 defensive misses were against them. By a reserve grade edge with reserve grade halves running the team.

Awesome. Momirovski broke more tackles.. yet still resulted in zero tries, linebreaks or assists. The play just died. Atleast a linebreak not resulting in a try can result in a quick play the ball against a scattered defence. He didn't even provide that.

Our right edge was the best defensive right edge in the competition. You wouldn't stop bagging Staines out for one missed tackle on a much bigger winger when Momirovski was beaten inside him and he had to try recovering to make an impossible try saving tackle. But you go to all levels of defence to make false claims about being defensively rock solid now when the chinks in our armour were found on that edge.

Then you try to claim you call things as they actually are. When all you do is try to spin shit to suit your agenda. Which i suppose everyone does to an extent. But unlike you im not against the player being in the team. Im just against him playing in a position that weakens 2 positions.

Our best centre pairing is without doubt Burton and Crichton. You dont weaken that to strengthen a wing. Especially not when the centre thrown in undoes any strengthening of the wing gained by offering less opportunities to the winger. That has weakened 2 positions.

Throw Momirovski on the wing. I've never denied he has some skills and that he has something to offer. He's a decent ball runner. I just have issue with his weaknesses as a centre as those weaknesses cripple the attacking opportunities for another player. I have no issue with him being in the team so long as he doesn't have another position relying upon him to create opportunities. His best contribution in the NRL came as a winger against atop 4 side.

Hate the stats all you want. I'll post them anyway to illustrate my point. His try assists for the year. 4 at centre in 3 games.

1 vs Storm R3
1 vs Raiders R5
2 vs Bulldogs 12

0 try assists as a centre in 12 games though.

0 vs Cowboys R1, Bulldogs R2, Sea Eagles R4, Bulldogs R6, Souths R11, Tigers R13, Sharks R14, Roosters R21, Dragons R22, Souths R23*, Tigers R24, Eels R25

*R23 he got 2try assists once moved to the wing

So his last try assist as a centre was against Bulldogs in Round 12. In his 7 games since then the only assists he has gotten have been when he played right wing. Ironically against the best opposition we faced in that time too.

Which is why I wouldn't mind seeing him on the wing. In half a game on the wing he has created as many opportunities as he did at centre in his last 10.5 games as a centre. Definitely worth seeing what it offered.

And for the record i am only using the stats to back up what i watched him do live... Not give his winger decent ball. Either running to the sideline and dumping it to his winger who had nowhere to go but over the sideline,or throwing poor passes to his winger that needed to perform miracle catches just to get the ball and having the opportunity killed through poor delivery. Crichton isn't perfect and had poor patches of form too. But he has a much better passing game and ability to draw in defenders to create an opportunity which might not naturally occur otherwise.

He has also been moved from left centre to fullback to right centre to fullback to right wing etc. So never really had an opportunity to polish his play in the position. A victim of being athletically freakish.

If we are to win a grand final though, having him at right centre gives us our best possible defender and most likely to create an opportunity for the player outside him.

At this stage i truly don't care who is right winger as they would be given better opportunities than Crichton gets and as a result offer more than he does despite being inferior in some aspects. He might be our best right winger outside of himself as the right centre...and even moreso if he was also the fullback to. But unfortunately we only have the one of him and he's best suited to right centre.

After this ridiculously long post though I'm done with the subject. I just hope we don't lose another grand final largely because Ivan f**ked with his best available centre pairing to try fixing an issue that didnt stop us being the best team all year only to create new issues which did.
You do realize opacic has had an absolute breakout season right? Has been close to parras best all year? Was on the brink if origin debut but greeny went the cowboys route in game 3.

And dunster is a highly rated kid.

Your talking aboyt them like the are paul franze haha.. opacic is a good player and has been top notch all year for them..

Read all the stats i posted above..

Momo is statistically safer defensivley..
I asked 3 times now to show me when they were outclassed defensivley...

I just called you out for your bs post about him being a ball hog the other night not passing and being terrible defensivley..

So far you havent said any other time they looked remotley close to troubling us..... like at all.... nothing from you.

And before i pointed out momos 3 oppurtunites inside the attacking 50 you were acting like he didnt pass once and bombed 5 oppurtunites...

Since than all youve done is tried to change the topic about other games this year and everything else bad his done.

Im giving up to because you clearly dont have an answer for the questions ive asked.

Next time maybe rewatch the game before just making up crap.

You seem desperate to prove momo hasnt had many try assists yet forget to add the critta played fb for parts of this year.. take his 2 try assists out at fb and he avgs 0.28 a game. Take momos out on the wing and he avgs 0.23 a game. With better defence.

Crittas in 700k momos on 150 lol.

Again not saying his better or even should be centre. Just hate when pople make crap up.

You called him out for being a shit defender. Well hes statiscally easily our best at centre.

You called him out for being shit in attack... well his stats are basically on par with critta..

Yep his missed chances as has critta..

If cleary moves him to wing and critta back to centre thats fine by me. Just hate reading hate bias posts in here by one eyed fans.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
You do realize opacic has had an absolute breakout season right? Has been close to parras best all year? Was on the brink if origin debut but greeny went the cowboys route in game 3.

And dunster is a highly rated kid.

Your talking aboyt them like the are paul franze haha.. opacic is a good player and has been top notch all year for them..

Read all the stats i posted above..

Momo is statistically safer defensivley..
I asked 3 times now to show me when they were outclassed defensivley...

I just called you out for your bs post about him being a ball hog the other night not passing and being terrible defensivley..

So far you havent said any other time they looked remotley close to troubling us..... like at all.... nothing from you.

And before i pointed out momos 3 oppurtunites inside the attacking 50 you were acting like he didnt pass once and bombed 5 oppurtunites...

Since than all youve done is tried to change the topic about other games this year and everything else bad his done.

Im giving up to because you clearly dont have an answer for the questions ive asked.

Next time maybe rewatch the game before just making up crap.
You're the one making shit up. Excuse after excuse and now you're trying to make out as if Opacic has been one of the Eels best all year? Get your f**king hand of it. He's an awful centre.

I posted exactly how they were outdone defensively. You just ignored it because it was stats and you pick and choose when stats matter.

How were they outplayed defensively? Well they scored 0 tries and had 0 linebreaks. Therefore Eels reserve graders stopped them from busting the line or scoring a try. While the Eels reserve graders had a try and a linebreak. I already mentioned that and you tried to put spin on it again as you always do.

Naturally you just ignore the fact that Paul Momirovski has not setup a try since Round 12 against the wooden spooners aside from his cameo on the wing. A fact that is relevant in this discussion about his inability to setup his winger.

But f**k it. You're not worth having a discussion with. You just spew shit out that isnt worth reading and ivewasted too much time giving serious replies to someone who ignores all the facts they have no way of spinning. Enjoy having your head buried in the samd. I truly wish I could think we were best served with Momirovski at centre. I don't get how anyone who has watched the entire season can miss the fact his wingers are on a hiding to nothing playing outside of him. Ignorance is bliss though.

Girds89

Bench
You're the one making shit up. Excuse after excuse and now you're trying to make out as if Opacic has been one of the Eels best all year? Get your f**king hand of it. He's an awful centre.

I posted exactly how they were outdone defensively. You just ignored it because it was stats and you pick and choose when stats matter.

How were they outplayed defensively? Well they scored 0 tries and had 0 linebreaks. Therefore Eels reserve graders stopped them from busting the line or scoring a try. While the Eels reserve graders had a try and a linebreak. I already mentioned that and you tried to put spin on it again as you always do.

Naturally you just ignore the fact that Paul Momirovski has not setup a try since Round 12 against the wooden spooners aside from his cameo on the wing. A fact that is relevant in this discussion about his inability to setup his winger.

But f**k it. You're not worth having a discussion with. You just spew shit out that isnt worth reading and ivewasted too much time giving serious replies to someone who ignores all the facts they have no way of spinning. Enjoy having your head buried in the samd. I truly wish I could think we were best served with Momirovski at centre. I don't get how anyone who has watched the entire season can miss the fact his wingers are on a hiding to nothing playing outside of him. Ignorance is bliss though.
So no proof.. haha. Didnt think you had any..but hey. Just one play were we looked stretched other than a try off a kick. I asked 4 times but got donuts.

Its like you havent even read my posts. Ive clearly said i dont care how they line up..just has to be momo critta combo. Said several times why it couldnt be naden, may or staines.

As above. Compare all the stats..there is stuff all in it between them yet your making out like critta is god and momo is an outright terrible defender and attacker.

But statistically hes a better defender and taking out their try assists when not at centre there is bugger all in it.

You started with the stats mate but only chose to post half that suited your story.

Compare them all fairly and its pretty even acrosd the board.

Dont worry about having a conversation with me than mx. Its fine by me. Just stop posting dribble and lies haha.

Ive said before i respect your posts and clearly you have a good footy brain. But its been pretty obvious to me that you just cant see past your dislike for momo.

You went down the stats path but they dont even back up wjst your trying to say haha..

Anyway. Ivans not going to change it. Lets hope they are both on song this weekend because the bunnies left is dangerous.

Girds89

Bench
@mxlegend99 ..... since you wouldnt i did it for you.

Go jump on kayo. Skip right to 7 mins 28 secs to go in the 2nd half.

Its the so cold haze dunster line break you have harped on about hahaha.

Probs should have watched the replay mate. Fmd you just look silly.

Momo wasnt even in the line for that hahahahah. Was at marker after making a tackle... and was only counted as a line break as crittas was back for the kick.

But even tho momo was nowhere near it.... guess who cleaned it up with a ball and all tackle after being at marker.... yep you guessed it. Momo lol.

All your harping on about a carve up lol.. whst a laugh. Fmd dont let the hate get in the way of a good story.. he was carved up all night haha. Statistically the best defender but according to u his f@cking terrible and slow.

Thanks mx, i enjoyed watching that. Haha.

If he plays shit i couldnt care less if youd called him out, i will! But once again.. your lies have been exposed.

mxlegend99

Referee
@mxlegend99 ..... since you wouldnt i did it for you.

Go jump on kayo. Skip right to 7 mins 28 secs to go in the 2nd half.

Its the so cold haze dunster line break you have harped on about hahaha.

Probs should have watched the replay mate. Fmd you just look silly.

Momo wasnt even in the line for that hahahahah. Was at marker after making a tackle... and was only counted as a line break as crittas was back for the kick.

But even tho momo was nowhere near it.... guess who cleaned it up with a ball and all tackle after being at marker.... yep you guessed it. Momo lol.

All your harping on about a carve up lol.. whst a laugh. Fmd dont let the hate get in the way of a good story.. he was carved up all night haha. Statistically the best defender but according to u his f@cking terrible and slow.

Thanks mx, i enjoyed watching that. Haha.

If he plays shit i couldnt care less if youd called him out, i will! But once again.. your lies have been exposed.
There you go making shit up again. Where did i ever say it was a carve up? f**k me dead. I said that our right edge was the only weakness Eels were able to exploit at all after you spewed bullshit about them being rock solid defensively.

Fact. Our right didn't score any points
Fact. Our right edge didnt break the line.
Fact. Our right edge conceded a linebreak.
Fact. Our right edge conceded a try.

At no point did i say it was a carve up. The only carving up being done was our left edge led by Brian To'o. If you actually f**king read anything you wouldn't be making outlandish claims. I never said anything remotely close to them carving up so you're making some incredible leaps in logic to interpret it that way.

Maybe rather than trying to spin shit to suit your agenda you should spend some time trying to comprehend what is posted so you don't look like a f**kwit when you try to win an argument based on disproving something no one ever actually said. Go on. Quote me on where i said it was a carve up.

Actually i think i figured it out. Me pointing out one or two defensive lapses was interpreted by you as a carve up because you somehow also interpret Charlie Staines missing one tackle as him not being able to tackle and being a defensive liability. So you must think anyone pointing out a chink in the armour has the same extreme views as you do from one or two incidents.

For the record I dont think Momirovski is a poor defender. But I do believe Crichton is a better defender and his games at fullback and wing have hurt his defensive record.

At any rate i think it's time we put each other on ignore. Well im doing that. This shit is as pointless as wingers playing outside of Momirovski. Good luck finding other people to misread their posts and argue with

Alintheeast

Juniors
Man oh man these posts are getting longer and longer sounds like the academics have taken over the working mans game. Preferred the days when subjective analysis ruled. Probably spend the off season speculating on the effect of the pink jersey on global warming.

Fangs

Coach
Man oh man these posts are getting longer and longer sounds like the academics have taken over the working mans game. Preferred the days when subjective analysis ruled. Probably spend the off season speculating on the effect of the pink jersey on global warming.

Don't get me started on the pink jersey.

Fangs

Coach
Bring back the 03 alternate jersey.

First time I saw that was round 1 2003 at Penrith stadium. There was a hush in the stands when they ran out.

I actually don't mind the one in your DP though I imagine its not a fan favourite. That must be around 2007.

Girds89

Bench
Agree or disagree it's fun to read the discussions. Excluding the condescension.
Thats what a forums all about.

Opinions.

It probably got a bit heated between mx and i and we argued like 14 year old school kids haha..

But at the end of the day ive never felt the need to ignore people on here. And i want be ignoring mx. I like his input.

Everyone is entilted to believe whatever they want. Whatever way ivan goes this year i think hes in a better place than last year.

At least momo is actually a centre.

Swapping nado for may who is one of the slowest in the comp and never been a centre was brain dead.

Whether you agree with the momo selection or not at least its his actual position and hes a proven good defender.

We will all just have to wait and see how it pans out i guess.

The_Frog

First Grade
If we play the Storm in the GF we'll be wearing it. I think it's OK in moderation, but not as an away strip worn 10 or so times a year. I thought teal and mocha brown were ok.

Blues Riff

Bench
Hey, I just had a thought. In last year's GF, the Storm had to wear their away jersey because we finished above them. This year, not so. hmmm.
Edit- Ha, TheFrog beat me to it.

Last edited:

Latest posts