What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long Term Coach - Josh Hannay

Jersey No 14

Juniors
I've been looking at our past.
There are copious amount of lessons in our past - but doesn't seem to be lessons learnt.
For the last decade it has been - A Glass half empty
Now
Whipping the slate clean.
I only want to look forward.
Watching said coach get the best out of those - Southeners and with another lame season has got me thinking.
It time we change complete tact.
Getting the best if the young talent we have needs young theories.
Said candidate would be a blessing.
No hiring of old hookers and the like.
Buy him out of the assistant coach role, with the promise of Saints!!! head coach afyter a season with Griffins experience would be
a very big - A Glass half full for us.
As I said in previous post - Good we've got a boy band - but we need them on the field and coordinating.
We are still several seasons away from whipping the Storm and for that matter winning the comp.
Reality is a Bitch.

Lets get started - NOW!

Trifili13

Juniors
If you can't get the high profile and successful coaches, I like the quiet ones that just get the job done. I am talking about a John Lang type that stayed out of the media, won a comp and his teams were always competitive. Although he is early in his career, Hannay might end up being one of those good solid coaches that gets the best out of his players. There was all this hype with Seibold, Holbrook, O'Brien and now with Fitzgibbon because they were under Bellamy or Robbo. They might turn out good down the track but I have not seen anything special as yet.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I really like what I see of Josh Hannay. He certainly seems like a very honest man that is not scared to make big decisions as a coach.
I envy at the Sharks attack, standing deep with smart scoring plays from the set scrum.
He would be one that I would have bookmarked as a future candidate, if our current coaching team fail.

TruSaint

Referee
I really like what I see of Josh Hannay. He certainly seems like a very honest man that is not scared to make big decisions as a coach.
I envy at the Sharks attack, standing deep with smart scoring plays from the set scrum.
He would be one that I would have bookmarked as a future candidate, if our current coaching team fail.

The manner in which he handles himself, the way in which he navigated telling high profile players they wont be needed, speaks volumes.

Time will tell, but I like him both as a coach and a person.

Mjab

Juniors
Having said that , I did think that Payton did well Warriors and would bring something to the Cows
Maybe Deano was too influential

Hannay has certainly done Ok considering but they probably do have a slightly better roster this year than us albeit they needed a clean out too

Ciraldo is the other quiet one who might go OK down the track, and bring some young Panthers with him

Remember the days we used to start threads about signing people like Craig Bellamy?

Even some of our fans expectations are now as mediocre as the board's...

Sad!

True, but with the caveat that coaches of the Bellamy ilk wouldn't look at our rabble.
Since Bennett, we have become inconsequential.

Our board could sign Bellamy, Bennett, Hasler, or Robinson if they wanted to.

If we said to our board members: "If you do not win us a premiership in the next three years then we will publicly execute you all by hanging you out the front of The Taj at the conclusion of the 2024 season" I bet our board will sign one of the coaches and ensure we win a premiership by 2024.

merahputih

Juniors

If we said to our board members: "If you do not win us a premiership in the next three years then we will publicly execute you all by hanging you out the front of The Taj at the conclusion of the 2024 season" I bet our board will sign one of the coaches and ensure we win a premiership by 2024.
Maybe the Taliban would be interested in managing the club.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

A bit aggressive GK. Remember, it is just a game!

Or is it the old saying "It's not a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that! "

Maddragon99

Juniors
I like the look of Hannay as well, I actually didn’t mind John Morris either, Morris would be a good candidate as an assistant for us.

I wonder how long Griffin will be given next year? Given our notorious fast starts & long fade outs I hope the club waits all season to decide whether to extend Griffin or not. Keep him on the hook, so to speak.

citizen

Juniors
Ryles will be assistant at the roosters next year. After serving time under Bellamy and now Robinson maybe he should be a target in 2-3 years time.

Latest posts