What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Week 1 finals Eels v Knights | Sunday 4pm

Bandwagon

Staff member
Losing Lussick means we really have to run with Stone / Smith at hooker, neither are good for eighty mins there, but we have no other option, but that means we lose a bench spot for a forward, with little to no cover for if we lose a back, ( we use Marata, but then need another edge player as well ) because Smith will be needed to play decent minutes at DH, and stone will likely rotate and give Nrown a rest.

Lane covers middle and edge, as does Papali'i, I'm guessing that's why Lane ahead of Matterson. Maka and Oregon being our only other options at middle, Oregan wasn't healthy after a knock against the Penny's, so there might be concern there. That leaves our middle a little short if we pick Matterson over Lane, particularly if we get an injury or HIA to a middle, or an edge, Ideally Matterson plays edge, Lussick plays eighty, but no Lussick so that's where it's at.

As for resting Lussick last week, hindsight is 20/20, but the merkin needed game time far more than he needed a rest, given the minutes he's played this year, why the f**k would you rest him other than to protect him?

Bandwagon

Staff member
Cartwright over ??? really has me f**ked though. Only thing I can think of is maybe BA thinks we'll need his ball playing with our DH being not so flash.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Ha ha, the f**kin' word filter never ceases to amaze. D.H. ( abrev. Dummy half ) without the full stops gets replaced with "fake".

Never seen that coming.

IFR33K

Coach
Losing Lussick means we really have to run with Stone / Smith at hooker, neither are good for eighty mins there, but we have no other option, but that means we lose a bench spot for a forward, with little to no cover for if we lose a back, ( we use Marata, but then need another edge player as well ) because Smith will be needed to play decent minutes at Fake, and stone will likely rotate and give Nrown a rest.

Lane covers middle and edge, as does Papali'i, I'm guessing that's why Lane ahead of Matterson. Maka and Oregon being our only other options at middle, Oregan wasn't healthy after a knock against the Penny's, so there might be concern there. That leaves our middle a little short if we pick Matterson over Lane, particularly if we get an injury or HIA to a middle, or an edge, Ideally Matterson plays edge, Lussick plays eighty, but no Lussick so that's where it's at.

As for resting Lussick last week, hindsight is 20/20, but the merkin needed game time far more than he needed a rest, given the minutes he's played this year, why the f**k would you rest him other than to protect him?

Matto isn’t capable of playing in the middle?

strider

Post Whore
If Stone can knock some of the Newy forwards on their ass early like he did with JFH, it might just quiet them down for the remainder of the game.
Worked last weekend.
problem is if he is expected to play dummy half aswell he is gonna be too pooped to be smashing merkins

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well I’ve seen lane attempt to play there and the edges. Matto can’t be worse

The point is do you want to be finding out how a bloke might go in the middle in an elimination final, or go with a bloke who you pretty much know exactly what you'll get.

The first is a gamble, the second you can plan around. I don't reckon BA's much chock with the dice in his hand.

IFR33K

Coach
The point is do you want to be finding out how a bloke might go in the middle in an elimination final, or go with a bloke who you pretty much know exactly what you'll get.

The first is a gamble, the second you can plan around. I don't reckon BA's much chock with the dice in his hand.

I’d say edge forward would be harder. You can’t possible tell me matto can’t play in the middle

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Looks like BA might disagree with you. In a rare occurrence, I agree with the bald merkin.
Arthur's is entitled to his opinion. It's his job on the line. I'll still be here analysing like a mad merkin long after he's been arseholed from the club. Matterson is a better edge forward than any of the four in the 17 this week and also a better middle than probably everyone except Paulo, RCG and Papali'i. He's sure as shit better than Makatoa.

And I'm bald too.