What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

possm

Coach
Looking at those that are leaving: Norman, Pereira, Dufty, Vaughn, Ellis, Williame, Beale(?)

The new additions: Molo, Sua, Burgess, Mbye, Suli,....

I think Dragons are looking stronger for 2022.
With a few more spots to fill, imagine if we can add Kikau or Brandon Smith.
I would also take Klemmer if available. Need one more tough prop at least.

Could be a big turnaround next year if they all play to their potential.
Yes, we do need good first-grade replacements for Sims and Vaughan and I doubt McCullough will see the season out so Brendon Smith would be ideal.

1. Sloan / Mbye
2. Ramsey and Matt Freagai
3. Suli and Max Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Bird and Amone
7. Sullivan and Mbye
8. Molo
9. Hunt
10. Burgess
11. ?
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14. Mbye
15. Lawrie or Kerr
16. ?
17. Fui

So we should at least still be looking for a top-grade prop and a robust second-row forward. Klemmer, Kikau, and B Smith would definitely fit the bill.

Last edited:

dungay dragon

Juniors
I keep seeing the same people put Hunt at 9 and believe that we can sign Kikau and Smith for 2022

none of those things will happen

Hunt will stay at 7
No chance in hell of Brandon Smith joining
Only chance of Kikau joining is for 2023
Yep Griffin wont budge re Hunt
Really hard to argue on the Season he has had .
Was thinking what about MITCH KENNY from the Panthers ????
Has performed really well when given an opportunity at hooker , but has a huge road block in front of him in Api .....

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I keep seeing the same people put Hunt at 9 and believe that we can sign Kikau and Smith for 2022

none of those things will happen

Hunt will stay at 7
No chance in hell of Brandon Smith joining
Only chance of Kikau joining is for 2023

Hunt at 7 is a must if we've got Amone/Sullivan in the spine. Hunt was impressive at 7 this year, even though I think 9 is his natural position. His game management skills will be vital next year, we need another big year from him.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Burns specially looks promising. keeping Fui too.
If Burns rounds out the rough edges in his game he can be a very handy asset

Fuimaono is a bit to Ill disciplined for my liking but having him as a backup forward is good cause in today’s game u need to have solid depth to survive

Lethal25

Juniors
Peachey, Watson
Both of those guys are not even close for differing reasons. Watson was always going to the Roosters, he called Robinson asking if they had a spot for him. Peachey can barely contain his emotions on the field, don't see him being a good influence on the playing group off the field.

On the field I understand why you'd name those guys, but neither has the qualities Mbye possesses off the field

Last edited:

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Both of those guys are not even close for differing reasons. Watson was always going to the Roosters, he called Robinson asking if they had a spot for him. Peachey can barely contain his emotions on the field, don't see him being a good influence on the playing group off the field.

On the field I understand why you'd name those guys, but neither has the qualities Mbye possesses off the field

You are kidding yourself, name the qualities mbye possess off-field that the others lack?

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Yea thats why mbye has been punted from the tigers and has failed to cement positions at multiple clubs now...
While I am not a big fan of his signing, to be fair to Mbye, he was a gun at the Bulldogs and the Tigers snagged him for top money. It seems he wants out of the Tigers and they want to save the big money he is on. Not sure how you can justify "failed to cement positions at multiple clubs".

DragonBorn95

Juniors
Yes, we do need good first-grade replacements for Sims and Vaughan and I doubt McCullough will see the season out so Brendon Smith would be ideal.

1. Sloan / Mbye
2. Ramsey and Matt Freagai
3. Suli and Max Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Bird and Amone
7. Sullivan and Mbye
8. Molo
9. Hunt
10. Burgess
11. ?
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14. Mbye
15. Lawrie or Kerr
16. ?
17. Fui

So we should at least still be looking for a top-grade prop and a robust second-row forward. Klemmer, Kikau, and B Smith would definitely fit the bill.
Would love to get Brandon Smith.. wishful thinking but who knows what's going on behind the scenes

Latest posts