What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard the Bandwagon

Who you getting on?

• Storm

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • Panthers

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Rabbitohs

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • Sea Eagles

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Roosters

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Eels

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Knights

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Titans

Votes: 17 14.5%

• Total voters

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
There are 2 types of souths fans.

Those that were born circa 1900 and have supported the team since 1908 and watched all their premierships.

And those who chose to support them because they can brag about supporting a team who have won 21 premierships.

Valheru

Coach
Id be concerned for everyone but Manly fans who elect to tip against the great Bradley Parker and his Manly Sea Eagles.

I’m just saying, do you want to be on his bad side? Me? Not so much.

You’ve all been warned.

I see Manly's cult hero ranga centre and raise you Adam Keighran.

Valheru

Coach
Nope, I was referring to it as a step in the process of trying to overtake us. It must really burn to go your whole life knowing the club you hate most has been more successful than your club for their entire existences. That inferiority complex is a real bitch.

When I was born the tally was

You - 20*
Us - 11

It is now

You - 21**
Us - 15

It isn't hard to work our which club has excelled in an era where things like professionalism, colour TV and teams from other cities exist.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Anyone apart from Melbourne

South’s or Penrith for me. If it’s Mel-Penrith final think Netflix might get a workout. Penrith are just the least worse option

GongPanther

Referee

South’s or Penrith for me. If it’s Mel-Penrith final think Netflix might get a workout. Penrith are just the least worse option
LOL! You'll begrudgingly put Netflix on, but the match will be eating away at you to the point that you won't hear yourself think, and have it back on in 2 minutes flat.🤣

I remember the monotony of Parra/Dogs GFs in the 80s. But I watched them all through beer goggles. Imagine the poor merkins during Dragons 11 in a row! You can‘t turn your back on GF day. It’s one of the best days of the year. It’s right up there with Anzac Day, the Melbourne Cup, Xmas, the birth of your child and your first root. Where’s the pashun!

SBD82

Coach
LOL! You'll begrudgingly put Netflix on, but the match will be eating away at you to the point that you won't hear yourself think, and have it back on in 2 minutes flat.🤣
It’s an interesting phenomenon. Teams can become more or less likeable depending on the attitude of their fan base.

Welcome to the result of your own actions.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Overall I don't really give a f**k, but a small part of me is backing Manly, just because Turbo is likable and deserves success after such a great season and Manly are best placed to put a knife in Melbourne and twist it.

GongPanther

Referee
It’s an interesting phenomenon. Teams can become more or less likeable depending on the attitude of their fan base.

Welcome to the result of your own actions.
Hardly a phenomenon when I'm simply pointing out a human reaction to an event which you won't bear missing out on, especially when the forums GF thread will be humming at the same time.

yobbo84

First Grade
I remember the monotony of Parra/Dogs GFs in the 80s. But I watched them all through beer goggles. Imagine the poor merkins during Dragons 11 in a row! You can‘t turn your back on GF day. It’s one of the best days of the year. It’s right up there with Anzac Day, the Melbourne Cup, Xmas, the birth of your child and your first root. Where’s the pashun!
There's usually always someone you hate least. Although I must admit 2013 and 2018 were very hard!