What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
Yes yes of course …and at this point from what they have heard / read in submissions imo they just know …like Robs Mate said the record we broke in that last game says it all..They know a spoon is a reality if they make the same dumb mistake again..but yes they have to go through the process..

Yes yes of course …and at this point from what they have heard / read in submissions imo they just know …like Robs Mate said the record we broke in that last game says it all..They know a spoon is a reality if they make the same dumb mistake again..but yes they have to go through the process..
Yeah I only know it has been far-ranging and there were whispers that some of our family here on wt lu had made formal submissions or where at least invited to.

But who they are and what they said, is confidential and sacrosanct to them.

My gut tells me he will stay on. If so, he just needs proper assistance.

If not, I like Flanagan or Morris. I’d also consider Neil Henry or a Melbourne assistant lol.

Tooves should get an interview, but I need to be persuaded. That’s not a popular view.

I liked @Mario chalmers thinking on the topic too. One of the wt posts of the year. Well thought out and presented. Next level stuff. Try to find it. I’d love to be able to post like that! Jealousy is a curse!

WA Tiger

Bench
Yeah I only know it has been far-ranging and there were whispers that some of our family here on wt lu had made formal submissions or where at least invited to.

If not, I like Flanagan or Morris. I’d also consider Neil Henry or a Melbourne assistant lol.

Tooves should get an interview, but I need to be persuaded. That’s not a popular view.

I liked @Mario chalmers thinking on the topic too. One of the wt posts of the year. Well thought out and presented. Next level stuff. Try to find it. I’d love to be able to post like that! Jealousy is a curse!
But he won’t

It’s all about his personality. And his inability to work with people/ people under him whoever it is

He’s a snake and the problem with power a lot of the time is the longer it goes on the worse that person becomes

imo the WT suits have allowed him to run roughshod over them.

I don’t think he’s capable of adjusting now

Last edited:

Magpies Forever

Juniors

I think the or if should be to Maguire, if he stays n he must get assistance as shown where there are deficiencies. No friends etc, the assistants are picked by the club and he has to go with it. His selection of assistants to date has shown no other way we can possibly continue with him unless WT pick the assistants.

If he stays, he will need a lot of additional resources to help him turn things around.

He may have to accept changes he doesn’t necessarily like.

He may not like the new direction ….and just might walk away.

It depends on the findings and the remedies the club imposes.

They are not mucking about, it will not be more of the same. Whether it works or no, I don’t know. We have to be patient. No choice!

gordsy

Juniors
Mattersons troubles do stem from a poor attitude. He thought he was king shit when he left us and has come back to earth with a thud. But if we sign Elliott, Scott or Dugan then that's more non Madge players. Elliotts stripping off nude and trying to root a female footy player don't bother me but the rooting err I mean kissing of a friends wife shows he is a dog.

Last edited:

‘Certainly on their radar’: Tigers eye troubled duo but it ‘all hinges’ on Madge call​

2 guys who have something to prove, more than likely on their last chance, why not go after them?

I think what they would bring is something the Tiger players who let themselves down and lacked so often, a will to win, a need to win and a determination to keep playing for 80 minutes.

A no grog clause in their contracts would help as well.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
We don't need losers like Scott & Elliott. We should offer a ridiculous amount of money to Brandon Smith, so much that he can't say no. We should also sign Fergo for one year with a one year option. Nofo can go to reserves & learn to defend his sideline. He can learn from watching Fergo.

We don't need losers like Scott & Elliott. We should offer a ridiculous amount of money to Brandon Smith, so much that he can't say no. We should also sign Fergo for one year with a one year option. Nofo can go to reserves & learn to defend his sideline. He can learn from watching Fergo.
I like Fergo too. He is generally sound in big matches:

37F4997F-E334-4E94-A940-C3DF2D99784F.jpeg

gordsy

Juniors
No grog clauses aren't liked and are tough to enforce. Elliott has already sworn off the grog at least once and how has that worked for him. You are setting him up to fail. Simms and Cheese would be great. Fergo isn't awful but again another problem child in a team full of non tryers....

Shredder

Juniors
Assuming we have $1.6mln to spend, which is being reported, I would sign Scott, Simms and Elliot on two year deals with club options for years three at about $300k each.

I would then try and offload Brooks to the Raiders, paying half of his freight, which would give us about a million left to go after the next major marque that hates life during pre season.

Its not going to change us into a top four side, but no amount of players at the moment are.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don’t get the fuss around Scott and Elliot. They have both had significant off field issues and aren’t close to being Rep players. These aren’t the ones you take a punt on. BJ and Jet were worth a punt as at their best they are elite players. These guys ceiling is slightly above average first graders. Neither improve us to a top 8 side

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
I don’t get the fuss around Scott and Elliot. They have both had significant off field issues and aren’t close to being Rep players. These aren’t the ones you take a punt on. BJ and Jet were worth a punt as at their best they are elite players. These guys ceiling is slightly above average first graders. Neither improve us to a top 8 side

💯

Curtis Scott was beyond terrible at the raiders. His defense was abysmal. Most raiders fans wanted him binned ages ago

Melbourne have a knack of hiding extreme deficiencies in players

Latest posts