What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Well that was a tentative performance. Looked like we just wanted to get through with an eye on next week.

Although we very nearly lost I thought we were the better side and nearly beat ourselves with 2 of their tries directly off errors.

Young walker has ice in his veins. The feel goal and then the chase and tackle

3 rads
2 teddy
1 walker (just for those 2 plays)

I was extremely nervous about this game all week but call me crazy, I am more confident heading in to next week. No one will back us and this is what the roosters of 2021 thrive on. It is go time.

At no point was I ever thinking this was going to be a walk in the park. I knew we’d get tested but didn’t think we’d be testing ourselves. We kept letting them back in the game and gifted them a couple of tries. Some poor miss tackles is of concern. Hopefully is all a case of finals nerves and we’re better for the run.

We’re capable of beating Manly if we manage to keep it together but can live with a loss as we’ve already overachieved. I can’t believe Verrills‘ tackle was a grade 2 so we’ll miss another player next week.

Although I agree with Robbo’s start Walker on the bench policy, I thought he should’ve come on not long after the break. His creativity could’ve sealed the game earlier saving us the heart attack that insured in the last 15. Lam’s workman-like performance doesn’t cut it in finals games.

Anyone have any updates on Nat Butcher? There was a small chance of playing mid finals campaign, I thought.

3. Teddy
2. Rads
1. JWH

Valheru

Coach
Walker will have to start next week now with lam at hooker.

Haven't heard anything re: Butcher. Manu is also an interesting one. As bad as the injury was it is apparently only a 3-4 week recovery time..

Headless Chook

Juniors
Well, we live to fight another day after another heart in mouth moment at the end of the game. If Fafita gets that ball I’m sure he scores. I was in line for a decent collect if he did but I’ll the win over anything all day.
Here’s hoping turbo has peaked on his run. We could do with a repeat lack lustre game from him again.
3. Victor
2. Teddy
1. JWH

H.H

Juniors
Like others I was worried all week. It was an odd performance...it was like the Titans understood it was finals footy and lifted, whereas we were at the same level as recent weeks. Odd for a club who has so much experience in the big games, although I guess there were alot of inexperienced finals players due to our injuries.

I thought Radley was unbelievable. His defensive efforts were incredible, plus what he brings with the ball. He just owns that middle and is such an influential player. Long term, if he can avoid injury and sort his suspensions out he could go down as one of our best ever.

Ted was crucial as ever and I was stoked to have Jared back.

3 - Rads
2 - Ted
1 - JWH

I reckon we're a real show this week and I think we're looking to downgrade the Verrills charge so he may get a fine and play.

I agree with the majority view on here about the rankings:

3. Radley
2. Teddy
1. JWH

It seems like a distant memory now but, as I said, I am proud of our team. I understand Robbo's strategy with Walker, but I think he could have had a bit more game time then he ended up having. Anyway, it would not have changed the outcome for us.