What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Roosters chatter

??

Egan is listed as 187cm

Nat is listed as 184cm

Their weights are around the same. They are also nearly 3 years apart in age.
I had a barry :( Fixed that now

Vic Mackey

Referee
Egan is the bigger of the brothers?

Anyways, I would be genuinely upset if we lost him as he and Fletcher Baker have both shown enormous potential off the bench this season and improved week in week out.

TBH I would be surprised if we do lose him as it looks like our 4 man middle forward rotation will be JWH, Collins, E Butcher and Baker going forward given both Liu and SST (rumoured) will be leaving at season's end with Rads obviously playing 80 minutes. Perhaps lock is the position he wants to play though?

Cheers mate. I hadn’t looked at their stats and my judgement on size was purely the eye test, surprised as Nat looks a lot bigger on TV.

All the guy said was that they’re deep in talks. For all we know this is just to get a decent offer from us to bump his Easts contract up. Obviously aware that all we can offer that you guys can’t would be a starting spot and (potentially) a lot more $

I do know that Madge and Hartigan are desperate to get a modern day 13, so they might be prepared to pay what the roosters would consider overs.

I also think Robbo should get it, but Craig Bellamy is the other logical candidate and I tend to think that he will get it. Robbo will not be bothered by this, though. He will just keep on keeping on.

Valheru

Coach
A nice story doing the rounds that he was at Joey's bedside at 3AM Saturday morning when we woke up from surgery. I know it is a unique environment given the bubble and I'm sure plenty of other coaches would do the same but you can just tell he cares about the players on a personal level and every single member of the squad buys in to him as a coach which is the reason we still remain competitive despite missing a whole starting team.

He won't win coach of the year but I reckon he deserves it. If we do win a comp or 2 in the next 5 years we can look back at this season as the catalyst IMO.

A nice story doing the rounds that he was at Joey's bedside at 3AM Saturday morning when we woke up from surgery. I know it is a unique environment given the bubble and I'm sure plenty of other coaches would do the same but you can just tell he cares about the players on a personal level and every single member of the squad buys in to him as a coach which is the reason we still remain competitive despite missing a whole starting team.

He won't win coach of the year but I reckon he deserves it. If we do win a comp or 2 in the next 5 years we can look back at this season as the catalyst IMO.
I know the lure of bigger paydays are hard to resist but our club’s duty of care and empathy towards our players is second to none. We might not be able to match the Warriors’ offer but this sort of stuff from Robbo might make it so damn hard for Joey to leave. Can only hope.

I know the lure of bigger paydays are hard to resist but our club’s duty of care and empathy towards our players is second to none. We might not be able to match the Warriors’ offer but this sort of stuff from Robbo might make it so damn hard for Joey to leave. Can only hope.

One of the few public comments Robbo has made about Manu's contract situation is that, unlike RTS, Manu has been at our club comparatively much longer than RTS had when RTS signed with the Warriors. Trent was kind of hinting at those ties might be a factor at keeping Manu with us beyond 2022.

One of the few public comments Robbo has made about Manu's contract situation is that, unlike RTS, Manu has been at our club comparatively much longer than RTS had when RTS signed with the Warriors. Trent was kind of hinting at those ties might be a factor at keeping Manu with us beyond 2022.

Also depends if a 17th team is admitted too as they will cashed up - I reckon LGM would be a candidate as able to field offers from Nov 1 2022 - Dogs will be after him too as Gould is laying the ground work being his number 1 defender. Cant see him extending at Rabbit past 2023

Also depends if a 17th team is admitted too as they will cashed up - I reckon LGM would be a candidate as able to field offers from Nov 1 2022 - Dogs will be after him too as Gould is laying the ground work being his number 1 defender. Cant see him extending at Rabbit past 2023

Not every player is a merc. I think Manu wants better pay, but I doubt it will be "I must be paid fullback money or I walk". I mean ask guys like RTS what its like being the big money player on an under performing club. He enjoyed it so much, he pissed off to Union.

Congratulations to Daniel Tupou and SST on their 200th and 150th games with the mighty tri-colours this evening. You have both been fine servants of and contributors to our team - hats off to you both! I hope that the boys can put in a big one tonight to send you out as winners.

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/20...estone-men-ahead-of-exciting-finals-kick-off/

The quiet achiever:
https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2021/09/10/the-quiet-achiever-celebrating-tupous-200th/

Tupou's highlights: https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2021/09/10/daniel-tupou-highlights/

SST's highlights:
https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2021/09/10/siosiua-taukeiaho-highlights/

Valheru

Coach
What's everyone's thoughts on the tariq Simms rumours?

I think that would be a very astute purchase and would make a nice back row rotation with Angus and sitilli

Headless Chook

Juniors
I don’t mind it. He’s only 31 so he still has a few more years left in his legs. It’d be a similar pick up to when we bought Jason Ryles in 2011. Another experienced hardhead in a team of young blokes would be a welcome addition,

Latest posts