What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

stgeorge1

Juniors
Foxsports over time have reported conflicting amounts for Ben Hunt's contract. Initially it was $6 million over 6 years, which much later reports changed to $6 million over 5 years. Not sure which if any is correct, but these have his pay as $1 million to $1.2 million per year.
And they wouldn't know

Gardenia

Juniors
Yeah and we already have Bird, Max Feagai and Ramsey who could all potentially play or be turned into centres with some work over the off season. If he was a block busting prop I’d consider swallowing my pride and paying up but I wouldn’t play this game for someone who has proven to be as inconsistent as he has. Don’t get me wrong I’d take him but wouldn’t pay overs.
Lomax is our best centre

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I know you are talking about next year but just wanted to mention another kid we have coming through.
Alex Lobb is winger in the Saab mould and class.
He is 19 will end up about 6"4-5 just needs to fill out.
He played SG this year and moved into Flegg and is a gun goal kicker.
A Saab type player who can kick like Garrick-I'm suddenly not feeling as aggrieved watching those two ex Dragons players play like world beaters for Manly.

boardlumps62

Juniors
George Dragon says we have another decent Fullback prospect coming through our system. Just think how many great ones we had that come from the Illawarra Region an those that got away. Langlands, Brian Johnson, Brett Stewart, Les Johns and John Dorahy to name a few.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
…..Teddy Goodwin also….
I watched a young Teddy play for a NSW Country side in Newcastle against touring Pommy team around 1970. He was selected at fullback, and what a talent! He was very unfit though. He would basically chime into the back line, make a great run or score a try, then head back to the fullback position to gasp and wheeze to get his breath back for 5 minutes or so. Then do it all over again! I was so glad when he signed with the Dragons. Always a pleasure to watch him play.

BBTB

Juniors
I watched a young Teddy play for a NSW Country side in Newcastle against touring Pommy team around 1970. He was selected at fullback, and what a talent! He was very unfit though. He would basically chime into the back line, make a great run or score a try, then head back to the fullback position to gasp and wheeze to get his breath back for 5 minutes or so. Then do it all over again! I was so glad when he signed with the Dragons. Always a pleasure to watch him play.
Yes ,lord Ted was a talent.