What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

Carlton

Juniors
Big no to klemmer and woods for me Tapau maybe at the right price.
I wouldnt argue if we got Tapau but would prefer Klemmer, all depending on the price and availablity.

Comparing Tapau's stats to Klemmers play for similar minutes, Klemmer runs more metres on average, similar tackles and higher missed tackles rate 1.7 vs .7. He has more impact with his runs than Klemmer with better offloads and tackle breaks but higher error rate.

Tapau gets wider at times with his runs while Klemmers are all up the middle. Depending on the team they are in both are effective, I think Klemmer is a little bit more solid around the middle of the field which is something we need.

PS: Stuffed up previous calc of Klemmers stats he actually runs for an average of 163 metres per game

Tyrone Peachey would have been a much more effective signing than Mbye. We aren't that cash strapped on the salary cap that we only need to take off cuts. I think we missed a trick there.

Thinking it’s like when you walk out of Harvey Norman thinking you’ve got a great deal on a discount TV then walk past JB hifi to see a better TV at a better price…

Left to talk cricket but few takers so far.
Has anyone taken a squizz at Francis Molo's stats for this season. Seems our dud recruiters have not. Mediocre at best. He did not even average 100 running metres per game, ran a piddling 9 times and tackled 22 times. Not a solitary line bust or line assist. Just how much has our club outlayed for this bloke.

randomdragon

Juniors
Has anyone taken a squizz at Francis Molo's stats for this season. Seems our dud recruiters have not. Mediocre at best. He did not even average 100 running metres per game, ran a piddling 9 times and tackled 22 times. Not a solitary line bust or line assist. Just how much has our club outlayed for this bloke.
because the coach had a sook and dropped him and used him terribly, if you asked cowboys fans when we signed him they were more sad about losing him that they would've been taumololo.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Francis Molo - stats for '21
19 games - 10 starting 9 from bench
1907 running metres = 100m per game
Tackle efficiency = 96.9%
Tackles made = 404 (ave 21 per game)
Missed tackles = 13 (less than 1 per game)
Offloads = 10
PCM = ave 42 per game
Tackle breaks = 12
Linebreaks = 2

Frankie goes ok and is a great pick up. Our middle defense was horrid this year and Frankie will tighten that right up.

For comparison: (missed tackles Molo 13)
Lawrie missed 53 tackles
Alvaro missed 34 tackles
JDB missed 16 (11 games)
Maguire missed 50 tackles

Jack Bird does not have one try assist, line break/assist for the season. So how can Griffin justify having him in the centres. Equally as mediocre is recruit Moses Suli. Ok we give our recruiters credit when they bring quality to our club, such as Jadyn Su'A. But they deserve the harshest vitriol for recruiting these two.

Offloads = 10
PCM = ave 42 per game
Tackle breaks = 12
Linebreaks = 2
Then we are reading from a different stats site . Hope yours are closer to fact as we need a tackle busting big bopper with a useful offload in the engine room

Walpole

Juniors
Never too early to start bagging the new bloke.

mickeylane

Bench
I wouldnt argue if we got Tapau but would prefer Klemmer, all depending on the price and availablity.

Comparing Tapau's stats to Klemmers play for similar minutes, Klemmer runs more metres on average, similar tackles and higher missed tackles rate 1.7 vs .7. He has more impact with his runs than Klemmer with better offloads and tackle breaks but higher error rate.

Tapau gets wider at times with his runs while Klemmers are all up the middle. Depending on the team they are in both are effective, I think Klemmer is a little bit more solid around the middle of the field which is something we need.

PS: Stuffed up previous calc of Klemmers stats he actually runs for an average of 163 metres per game
I'd gobble up Tapau, aggressive, strong, enforcer type

denis preston

First Grade
Great summary mate.

Re Hooker, maybe we’re we gonna have a dip at the young Rooster we borrowed for a few weeks? Blonde fella, Looks like Gumby..

Re Prop - tough one. Maybe look at the ESL for options… maybe there’s some in the juniors?
There’s no standout up n comer I can think of. And while Woods is nowhere near as bad as some suggest IMO, I don’t see him as a solution unless it’s as a back up.

Re Edge forward…. Waikikamukau looms…not my choice but I’m getting vibes they’re gonna throw the big coin … aside from him… who knows…
Hey BBJF, wasn't he a racehorse a couple of years ago ?

blacksafake

First Grade

Offloads = 10
PCM = ave 42 per game
Tackle breaks = 12
Linebreaks = 2

Frankie goes ok and is a great pick up. Our middle defense was horrid this year and Frankie will tighten that right up.

Checkmate
For comparison: (missed tackles Molo 13)
Lawrie missed 53 tackles
Alvaro missed 34 tackles
JDB missed 16 (11 games)
Maguire missed 50 tackles

denis preston

First Grade
From the dragons Facebook all confirmed departure:
1. Matt Dufty
2. Jordan Pereira
3. Gerard Beale
4. Brayden Wiliame
5. Brad Morkos (SG Ball player signed by Canberra)
6. Corey Norman
7. Adam Clune
8. Kaide Ellis
9. Billy Brittain
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Hayden Lomax
12. Trent Merrin
13. Cameron McInnes
14. Tyran Wishart
15. Jaiyden Hunt
Wow, you cant say the club is not doing something about the lack of resilience and how to deal with adversity ( Elliott's words ) by flicking this list ! Not a cleanout Hook said at the beginning of the year. I believe he meant it too but after witnessing the games ( AND the mid week coaching ) decided yes indeed some players were just not worth it !

BIG RIG

Juniors
Incorrect Bird had 7 try assist this year
Jack Bird does not have one try assist, line break/assist for the season. So how can Griffin justify having him in the centres. Equally as mediocre is recruit Moses Suli. Ok we give our recruiters credit when they bring quality to our club, such as Jadyn Su'A. But they deserve the harshest vitriol for recruiting these two.

Wow, you cant say the club is not doing something about the lack of resilience and how to deal with adversity ( Elliott's words ) by flicking this list ! Not a cleanout Hook said at the beginning of the year. I believe he meant it too but after witnessing the games ( AND the mid week coaching ) decided yes indeed some players were just not worth it !
Jackson Ford sh'd join em. A local Saints junior Mary jettisoned two years back, Luciano Leilua has produced good numbers this year for the Tigers..specially in his tackle busts, offloads and line assists. His run metres and defense aint too shabby either. Sounds like what our forward pack has been missing. Wonder if any chance to lure Lucie home.

Last edited:

Latest posts