What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is 2021 a Pass?

aqua_duck

Coach
To be honest I think if you watch our game film as a whole finishing 7th was pretty flattering. It definitely wasn't a great year in terms of the actual quality of football we produced but the plus side is we won all the games we really needed to win at the back end, the downside is we showed we really aren't on the same level as the teams above us

Joel_

Juniors
I thought about it a while and thought perhaps 'boring'. I don't think the team excites anyone anymore... Even Ponga isn't as fun anymore.
His cut outs against the Eels got me wet. He has plenty to work with next year with more game time.

perverse

Referee
One word is difficult for me because I like one aspect of what we showed this year, hate everything else. I did appreciate our resilience this year, and the fact that at least when we had the bulk of our players back (i.e when we had some belief in the team) - we played tough and didn't give up. If O'Brien can keep that, then he has actually contributed something that no coach has managed for a long time in Newcastle. You can build on that, it can form a solid foundation.

Everything else kinda sucked.

Latest posts