What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 Finals: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Mackay 18/9/21

Kornstar

Coach
Turns out it wasn’t illegal. TPJ was off for a free interchange from an illegal hit by Niukore. That means he returns to the field for free too, even if the player he replaces is coincidentally injured at the same time.

Fair enough, that makes sense. The way Physio worded it was like they were storing them up and using them when needed :)

yy_cheng

Coach
I think I prefer to focus on the positives for now. I can’t remember when I’ve been prouder of a performance than tonight.

Reed is such an important part of our team and to be missing him and both back up hookers was always going to make it very tough.

The resilience and scramble in defence was outstanding, considering how much ball we turned over in our own half.

The players will be hurting like the fans are but they should be proud of themselves. If we can reproduce that defensive attitude consistently next year, we are contenders.

We lost the penalty count 7-2, I’d have to watch Will’s tackle again but I didn’t think it was high.

Im rambling. Great effort lads.
I think wills tackle hit his bicep and then slipped high.

We need to find a backup hooker for next year.

Reed also needs a break during games

King-Gutho94

Coach
Oh well another year down the drain.

We just lack that x-factor and smarts inside our 20m zone when attacking.

BA has finally gone off about the refs/bunker only took 8 years.

Anyway i hope Melbourne flog them next week so we can claim to be the only team to beat storm twice

Avenger

Immortal
As Sterlo said during the commentary means nothing having played your heart or effort if you don’t win. Nobody remembers that. BA won’t win us a comp. we need to look to who can
Mate I’m shattered too but we don’t make a call until mid year 2022. I wouldn’t be sacking him and I’m the biggest maniac after a loss here.

Penrith milked every penalty and slowed the play down when we had momentum by becoming Italian soccer players. I hope they get massacred next week and I think they will. They are spent.

Kornstar

Coach
Papa should've held his head and stopped play.he was to nice.he should've done what fergo did.

And how come the video ref didn't review. Normally they do

Yep, he goes down holding his head he gets a penalty and we absolute square it up at 8-8.

There were some really poor missed calls in that game, which is pretty bad in a finals game when these are your "best" officials.

Tooooks

Bench
I think wills tackle hit his bicep and then slipped high.

We need to find a backup hooker for next year.

Reed also needs a break during games
We did the right thing in recruiting a couple of backups after last years debacle. Just terrible luck they all got injured. But with Lussick leaving and Roache unfortunately made out of glass, we need a couple more.

Wally21

Bench
Whatever happened tonight people… I don’t think I’ve ever been prouder in my 47 years of following this club. They gave everything against 18 players tonight and an edict from the NRL that the dumb merkin chin, his f**ked up father and that dumb merkin Luai had to win tonight.
well done boys and well done BA. So f**king proud

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
Nine probably f**ken it up but now they’re saying they’d just given TPJ the wrong card…

Delboy

First Grade
Yep, he goes down holding his head he gets a penalty and we absolute square it up at 8-8.

There were some really poor missed calls in that game, which is pretty bad in a finals game when these are your "best" officials.
Klein is not the best official , how he was given that game is another disgrace

Mate I’m shattered too but we don’t make a call until mid year 2022. I wouldn’t be sacking him and I’m the biggest maniac after a loss here.

Penrith milked every penalty and slowed the play down by becoming Italian soccer players. I hope they get massacred next week and I think they will. They are spent.
We’ve been calling For his sacking for a while now. You have as well. I don’t seem him ever winning us a comp. do you ? Not being a smart arse. But do you see him winning a comp ?

Delboy

First Grade
Dint think we will find too many who,believe that the game was controlled evenly. For BA to comment it shows what it was, Annesley will of course say shit.