What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 Finals: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Mackay 18/9/21

84 Baby

Referee
As above, Penisini taken without the ball, but play on. Why did the bunker not call it back? Gutho stripped, no six again. What did Arthur say in the press conference?
I don’t think he got everything across clearly but mentioned that ChinDad got what he wanted from last weeks whinge, no penalty for the above play and said that NRL trying to make game quicker yet all the stoppages seemed to only happen when we were on attack

Eelogical

Referee
Oh well another year down the drain.

We just lack that x-factor and smarts inside our 20m zone when attacking.

BA has finally gone off about the refs/bunker only took 8 years.

Anyway i hope Melbourne flog them next week so we can claim to be the only team to beat storm twice
Really? You can say that in all honesty after tonight's game? I thought we stepped up to another level. It's been a long time since I have been so proud of our commitment (our game tonight).

strider

Post Whore
Oh well ... lets go manly

Storm are f**kwits
Penrith and whiney Ivan have lost me - bitches
Souths have always shitted me - f**k them

So that leaves f**kin manly

forby

Juniors
Parra played really well tonight and were maybe a bit unlucky, but the referee didn’t cost them the game. Learn not to tackle around the head and you wouldn’t have the problem.
Bad decisions from both the ref and bunker cost both teams.

Angry_eel

First Grade
We played like Lions but oh well that's the game. Unfortunately, We lack an x factor, a game breaker.

You can't win without an attack. As it is we were very lucky so many of Penriths tries were taken off.

It could have easily been 18-6.

jason taylor

Bench
Really? You can say that in all honesty after tonight's game? I thought we stepped up to another level. It's been a long time since I have been so proud of our commitment (our game tonight).
Agreed. This is the first time since 2009 that were weren’t merely making up the numbers in the finals. Sure we had a late season slump, but the team and coaching staff sure turned it around. Particularly with the amount of players that appear to be carrying various niggling injuries.

Plus players like Dunster, Penisini and Kafusi (yes I know he didn’t play tonight) are only going to get better. Add to this the emergence of Papali’i and the continued development of Mahoney into an elite hooker there’s a plethora of positives to take from season 2021.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I agree. I was surprised when he started with us on the edge, as he was close to elite with the Tigers at lock. He’s a shit load better than Brown.
I think we’d be a better side if we could move Lane and Brown on and get another quality middle. Keep Matto at lock, Marata and Paps on the edge and a bench of the new quality middle, Kaufusi, Cartwright and either Smith or Stone.

Rocket man

Juniors
While it’s no excuse, no Mahoney is hurting. Got nothing around the ruck!!

and gee Lane is lazy!!

lane and Fergo need a rock at half time!!

need Cartwright on the edge panthers to good defensively so need another point of attack!!

mose run more! Gutho straighten up and pass, no stupid passes

Devastated. Eels played with the required intensity and defensive effort, but four errors from Stone was just too much.

Good to see the Penrith blockers in action every time. Unfortunately we just couldn't score there in the last 10 minutes, plenty of opportunities but Penrith allowed to stop play when we had momentum.
The trainers are allowed to request play to stop for injury but how do they call for play to stop when they haven't reached the injured player.is beyond me.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Nah mate i am proud just a comment lamenting that another year is over.

We are the only team to stick to Melbourne and Penrith in 4 games this year. Not including round 25.

2 wins against melbourne
2 of the closest losses you will ever see to penrith.

If we defend like that every week we would have been top 2. Thats whats frustating.

To get there you though need to be like penrith and storm and do it for 24 weeks plus semi's. Penrith have been best defensive team in past 2 years and it shows

Latest posts