What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 Finals: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Mackay 18/9/21

Gazzamatta

Coach
Anyhow how was everyone copping today? Everyone ok?

always tough once the eels are finished for the year considering how much we put into supporting them!

Always find it a bit tough the day after the eels season is over.
Feeling ok. The win V the cheats to rob them of the record was unexpected and thoroughly enjoyed. Best team lost last night and theres some solace in that.
Our fitness was fantastic and its very obvious the boys worked hard for BA in those 2 games. I also think BA got some game time into backups but probably not enough. His use of Rheed and not establishing his best 17 early could have been improved. Lane in the middle then bench then back on the edge. Papa a similar story. Kaufusi a real mystery. Playing injured players when options were available showed a lack of trust. The Matterson decision last week was puzzling to say the least. Moses/ Brown, left then right then left again. All in all a good year and better than I expected. I tipped 10th place not based on playing strength but on coaching strength.
Go The Bunnys.
Enjoy the off season boys. Going into my 59th season next year. Have renewed my membership already and cant wait to get back to my 2 schooners at Sterlos and Bankwest seat.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think both teams played as well as each other. I don't feel a strong sense of injustice even though there were a few questionable decisions. We had our chances and didn't take them.
Yep. It was anyone's game and we happened to lose. Do you need someone to blame when you lose a coin toss?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Seriously the bunker should just stay out of it all together except for tries. If the refs miss it bad luck the bunker picking and choosing when it wants to get involved leads to too much inconsistency and this rubbish going back 3 or 4 tackles sometimes another set looking at foul play is ridiculous
Yep. I'd rather teams get away with bad calls than constant stopping and rewinding for penalties and shit. Let the MRC deal with foul play after the game, and if a team gets away with some other infringement it's obviously not enough to ruin the game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
yeah marata's was called back i believe when the play stopped and then got put on report and penalty to Panfers.

Paps get hit in the face... he protests but nothing... the bunker seeing paps reaction should've reviewed it.. Paps should take a fall next time otherwise, being nice does you no good
Yep, and Panther merkins are putting shit on Ferguson for milking. I wish more of our players took a dive when they're fouled. It got Penrith the win.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I put myself through torture to watch the last 15 mins again

Poor old gutho will have nightmares about Kurt Capewell and take them to his grave i reckon.

Ran over the top of him in origin last year. And saved the winning try last night by knocking it down gutho's pass gets through to papali'i he is in under the posts. Cleary wouldn't have stopped him 5 m out.

Btw when they stopped the play with mitch kenny we had 8 on 6 overlap across to the far side with a quick play the ball we should have had enough numbers to score out there with blake or dunster

Poor old gutho will have nightmares about Kurt Capewell and take them to his grave i reckon.

Ran over the top of him in origin last year. And saved the winning try last night by knocking it down gutho's pass gets through to papali'i he is in under the posts. Cleary wouldn't have stopped him 5 m out.

Btw when they stopped the play with mitch kenny we had 8 on 6 overlap across to the far side with a quick play the ball we should have had enough numbers to score out there with blake or dunster
He was on the other side of the wall?

forby

Juniors
You complain about the Kenny incident but don’t mention that your trainer called for the play to stop for Blake when he was already off the field.
You say Sorensen milked a penalty but Nikoire (or whatever his name is) was the only player charged by the MRC, and the hit was one that usually gets 10 in the bin!
Fergo’s act was exactly what the NRL was supposed to be charging with contrary conduct. The penalty should have been reversed!
Penise would never have been awarded a penalty try as he was offside at the second kick.

It was a great game of football played by two teams who gave their all!
Both teams would have had grounds to complain if they lost.
Just hope that Penrith goes on and beats the Storm and then wins the GF for Western Sydney!

Kornstar

Coach
Yep. The slightest tap on the head you should stay down. Everyone else does it. There is no reward for shrugging it off and playing the ball.

And let's be honest, the opposition player obviously called Fergo a pussy or something and that is why he fired up, the reality is that if you are injured and then someone calls you a pussy then the adrenaline can easily arc you up which is what i think happened in the Fergo situation.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yep. It was anyone's game and we happened to lose. Do you need someone to blame when you lose a coin toss?
Yeah but 2 of our best opportunities to score were taken from us…..trainer stopping play when we had a decent over lap and the Moses/will event…both times we managed to create something…

in a close contest like last night, there are generally not many opportunities, and we lost 2…

strider

Post Whore
You complain about the Kenny incident but don’t mention that your trainer called for the play to stop for Blake when he was already off the field.
You say Sorensen milked a penalty but Nikoire (or whatever his name is) was the only player charged by the MRC, and the hit was one that usually gets 10 in the bin!
Fergo’s act was exactly what the NRL was supposed to be charging with contrary conduct. The penalty should have been reversed!
Penise would never have been awarded a penalty try as he was offside at the second kick.

Just hope that Penrith goes on and beats the Storm and then wins the GF for Western Sydney!
you conveniently left out JFH being a soft cock and faking injury after nothing more than bumping into a defender

jason taylor

Bench

So ignoring Moses getting taken out by Luai?

Shouldn’t have been a penalty try, but deserved a penalty and 10 in the bin for Luai.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just because he fired up doesn't mean he wasn't hit with a crusher tackle. Panthers players took dives all night and the one time our player (who has achieved everything in the game) did it he got called a cat by some deadshit with less than 60 games under his belt.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And let's be honest, the opposition player obviously called Fergo a pussy or something and that is why he fired up, the reality is that if you are injured and then someone calls you a pussy then the adrenaline can easily arc you up which is what i think happened in the Fergo situation.
This

Latest posts