What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the year - Walsh or Walker?

Rookie of the year

• Reece Walsh

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Sam Walker

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Other - please state

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I think it's Walker easily actually - both going to wear those horrid maroon jerseys for a while I imagine

I don’t know, could be a bit of a scrap for that 1 jumper with the way Campbell burst onto the scene in the final month. Titans have some thinking to do between Brimson and Campbell

Their two futures will have a lot to do with Pongas fitness you’d guess

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
yeah just saw that story too... hope it's minor, but easy to avoid I'd have thought

I am not a fan of what's being done in NZ at the moment, but those that are arguing that sports people should be allowed to isolate at home need to see what a substantial proportion of these buffoons get up to

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Already videos flying round social media of him being hand cuffed and led away, he was resisting and seems calm enough so hopefully the lead up is minor

He is a lippy little bugger which has to catch up to him at some point, if he was playing in the 80s/90s era it would have been belted out of him pretty quick by the likes of Spudd, Tallis, Davidson etc

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Imagine how someone like Bundy or Mario would have handled these kids lol
I’m currently reading Spudd’s book (outstanding read btw), his first game against Mario he put a shot on him and Mario spent the rest of the match hunting him before Bundy told him to drop it lol. Similar sort of story with Blocker too, what a great era of the game

Was a good yarn when Spudd joined Manly and all he wanted to do was smash blokes but wasn’t getting the chance and was getting frustrated, Bozo went up to him post game “son, your time will come, they are gonna get f***** sick of running at Cement and Roberts, then they’ll come your way and be all yours”

JJ

Immortal
I’m currently reading Spudd’s book (outstanding read btw), his first game against Mario he put a shot on him and Mario spent the rest of the match hunting him before Bundy told him to drop it lol. Similar sort of story with Blocker too, what a great era of the game

Was a good yarn when Spudd joined Manly and all he wanted to do was smash blokes but wasn’t getting the chance and was getting frustrated, Bozo went up to him post game “son, your time will come, they are gonna get f***** sick of running at Cement and Roberts, then they’ll come your way and be all yours”
I really liked Mario’s book too, that late 80s Souths pack of Boyle, French, Roberts, Davidson, Andrews and Chisholm was amazing, the Serdaris came through and they picked up Spud from Penrith, then lost the lot of them….

Scott

Bench
Walsh found with coke. Regardless of what the law does, NRL will come down like a ton of bricks. I’d say we will be missing him for more than just Round 1.
Personally, I say make an example of him. 10 week ban & 100k fine.

JJ

Immortal
Shit - but yes, agree, can't be excusing things like that - should be a decent ban

Just saw it on Footy Show recording.
WTF.
Silly boy.
Some interesting history of players from Bromwich and Proctor post Kiwi game video but not arrested, 4 match ban.
Then players like Wendell Sailor banded for 2 years.

jaseg

Juniors
Just saw it on Footy Show recording.
WTF.
Silly boy.
Some interesting history of players from Bromwich and Proctor post Kiwi game video but not arrested, 4 match ban.
Then players like Wendell Sailor banded for 2 years.

That's the difference between a popping a WADA test and just getting caught with it.

------

Also, f**ksake Walsh.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Braindead clown, only got arrested because he wouldn’t move on when asked by the cops and they found it on him at the station

Can take the boy out of the Broncos but not the Broncos out of the boy

This is all on him and him only. They are officially on holidays so by the players collective the clubs cannot make contact with them for 4 weeks. So a 18yo goes out on the Gold Coast with no minders from the club present.

Un Fkn beleivable

My first thought was this is Ben Barba all over again and the worrying thing is that hes doing coke at 18.
The sooner the club sets up camp in Redcliffe the better. They got to leave the GC ASAP

Blair

Coach
On the Walsh incident it's not that bad. He's a teenager, he's remorseful. The Court and the NRL will take that into consideration. The club already has.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I don't wanna be "that guy" but I am going to be...

He's a 19 year old kid that went clubbing and got caught with a little bit of coke at the police station. Hurt no one, damaged nothing, didn't try and deceive the club.

Let's not make a mountain of a molehill.