What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
So, apparently Brad called Ivan to clarify his presser comments, what a softcock if true, and that is the difference between elite and middle of the road coaches!
So, apparently Brad called Ivan to clarify his presser comments.

"Hey Ivan, I noticed you played dumb when asked about the comments I made in my post-game presser. Mate, just to clarify and make it really clear, I reckon you only won cause of the whinging you did about the refs after your game against Souths last week. If you need me to make it any clearer, I think there is an aquarium nearby called Seaworld. See you there at 5pm.

PS: nice frontloading of your whinging effort."

And that is the difference between elite and middle of the road coaches!!
FFS!!

King-Gutho94

Coach
We are a good chance next season. Marata would only want to leave next year cause he is on unders.
We would be silly to let him go now. Once contracts up then sure.
Unless warriors want to pick up the whole tab he can honour his contract. We shouldn't be paying for him to leave early to go to the warriors. And even then we shouldn't let him go. The roosters or storm wouldn't.

Marata won't shirk it next year even if he has another club for 2023.

350-375k would be my offer to him if warriors offer 500k for 2023 onwards then i suppose we say thanks marata for your service go and set up your family long term i wouldn't begrudge him earning overs at another club

hybrideel

Bench
I wouldn't be surprised if Papa goes back to the Warriors after his contract is up. Hearing his comments about how hard it was to leave his family and friends in a recent interview and how he needed the wake-up call makes me think that now he has proven himself, if the Warriors come calling again and they are back in NZ he would be very tempted

Delboy

First Grade
We are a strange set of fans, actually commenting that players basically want to leave. Surely there was enough shown in the Penrith game to assume they would prefer to stay.

Guess that’s not the narrative that some want to puruse, the grass is greener elsewhere, the glass is half full, just seems so strange that we of little real knowledge always tend to favour players moving, oh well the orf season is upon us.

eel01s

Bench
It feels strange that we won't be taking on the Storm in the final.

Oh well can't wait to see who is added to the squad for next season.

Avenger

Immortal

I didn't realise that he had a 2 year contract and that they have to pay out $750K if he is sacked. Which brings me to this point. I don't think we should sack BA but I'm thinking that we should not rush either to make a call on his future for 2023. Most of us have said mid next year but why can't we wait until the end of our run in season 2022 to maintain his and the team's hunger?

I can't see any other team besides maybe the Cowboys wanting him for season 2023.

What's the rush?

I'd only give him the heads up if we jagged someone like Trent Robinson but if we're thinking of someone like Cameron Ciraldo I don't think we should rush with a decision either way.

parra pete

Referee
Saturday's game against the Panthers in the preliminary final was the day Marata, Will Penisini, Haze Dunster AND Mitchell Moses "came of age"..In my opinion, they will be great for the Club in 2022. I hope Nathan Roach can get back to health..I reckon he will be a bewdy - a great backup to Reed..

The Eel

Juniors

I didn't realise that he had a 2 year contract and that they have to pay out $750K if he is sacked. Which brings me to this point. I don't think we should sack BA but I'm thinking that we should not rush either to make a call on his future for 2023. Most of us have said mid next year but why can't we wait until the end of our run in season 2022 to maintain his and the team's hunger?

I can't see any other team besides maybe the Cowboys wanting him for season 2023.

What's the rush?

I'd only give him the heads up if we jagged someone like Trent Robinson but if we're thinking of someone like Cameron Ciraldo I don't think we should rush with a decision either way.
Channel 7 reported that tigers want Ciraldo

yy_cheng

Coach

What's the rush?

What about all the off contract players?

eels_fan

First Grade
If the core squad is signed then that probably overrides a lot of the uncertainty around who the coach will be
but I doubt the core squad, especially Gutho and Reed, and going to sign longer term contracts without knowledge of the clubs intentions with the head coach

84 Baby

Referee
but I doubt the core squad, especially Gutho and Reed, and going to sign longer term contracts without knowledge of the clubs intentions with the head coach
I suspect Rheed won’t be signing a long term contract anyway.
And if Gutho is gonna tie himself to what we do with BA then do we want him as captain long term?

the phantom menace

First Grade
Tigers need to sign Cayless, serving under Sheens as his mentor... cheap option if they need to pay Maguire out, and they can't do much worse than the year on year decline.

Latest posts