What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Ned Kelly

Juniors
The interview with Adrian Tripodina highlighted the need for an independent inquiry as to the Tigers operations over the last 10 years so we could actually learn from our mistakes and not repeat them over and over again. There should have been an inquiry happening for at least the last 6 months on why we can't sign any decent players. Plan B should have been discussed around the time Madge's contract was extended, what if he doesn't bring any indications of improvement? What coaches would be best for us and why?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I live in hope that there will be a press release of what actions are taking place for us to be a genuine contender for 8th place in 2023 but I doubt that will happen.

Tigers1986

Juniors
I'd love an open forum type deal, where the paying member gets to go along and have their say on the operations, performance, players etc to really show them what their true stakeholders think, rather than them cosying up to the sponsors and corporate goons.

Fordy20

Juniors
You mean like a real club, with Regular Business Meetings and Annual General Meetings where members get to vote and ask questions?

Pity we don't have a real club, we have a Joint Venture

The Rosco

Bench
You mean like a real club, with Regular Business Meetings and Annual General Meetings where members get to vote and ask questions?

Pity we don't have a real club, we have a Joint Venture
Years ago, I fished with a mate that grew some in his yard.
So most times, our fishing trips were a joint adventure.
The same level of hilarity and frivolity as our club's performance.

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m a real fan of the benefits of positive thinking in life and sport. I wish I applied it a lot more but It’s hard to sustain that mental training.. ..There’s just too many opportunities throughout any game or sport for your mind to wander to “this may go pear shaped” - we’re only human...A hell of a lot of teams lose in or outside finals because they don’t expect to win or don’t expect (for whatever reason including fatigue or self doubt or distraction) to execute perfectly esp when the pressures is on or the scene in front of them becomes clouded over, usually from expecting the worst, or they hesitate ..That comes from simply not expecting success ..The answer is a simple case of visualising yourself executing moves perfectly, esp when under massive pressure , visualising your team winning the game, with clarity!!…(Even if done just for the short time of the finals).. …Thats when you suddenly see all the good options when your on the field or at work or whatever. Also When you stay with expecting to win that’s when the killer fear goes away… I wouldn’t be surprised to see it make a big difference to the eels..Good on Arthur . Clever

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m a real fan of the benefits of positive thinking in life and sport. I wish I applied it a lot more but It’s hard to sustain that mental training.. ..There’s just too many opportunities throughout any game or sport for your mind to wander to “this may go pear shaped” - we’re only human...A hell of a lot of teams lose in or outside finals because they don’t expect to win or don’t expect (for whatever reason including fatigue or self doubt or distraction) to execute perfectly esp when the pressures is on or the scene in front of them becomes clouded over, usually from expecting the worst, or they hesitate ..That comes from simply not expecting success ..The answer is a simple case of visualising yourself executing moves perfectly, esp when under massive pressure , visualising your team winning the game, with clarity!!…(Even if done just for the short time of the finals).. …Thats when you suddenly see all the good options when your on the field or at work or whatever. Also When you stay with expecting to win that’s when the killer fear goes away… I wouldn’t be surprised to see it make a big difference to the eels..Good on Arthur . Clever
Parra didn’t get the win but There was definitely something about the eels with not giving up and try’s and close opportunities popping up out of nowhere..if Ferguson’s kick when he made the break down the right side touch line had a bit more distance with 5 to go they could have won..although Ive just read that Leuai held back Moses in that move…I enjoyed that game, and being able to watch a full game for a change.. I always go for the underdog but more for Arthurs sake really ..Penrith look very beatable. I think they can feel a beating coming..like when the old man says go and get a branch off the tree boy…

Last edited:

Someone2

Juniors
Hopefully Luke Burt rejects the head coach role

he is the best up and coming coach but it will ruin he’s career just like it did with potter and Taylor if he try’s to lift this side outta the gutter

madge is pretty much done now aswell won’t be seeing many offers after 3yrs at tigers. we’re before he signed with tigers he was a respected sought after coach

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Ahhh, time for a bit more dithering. Another showing of what a mess the Wests Tigers are in.
The little bit of hope I had in this club actually moving forward is fast disappearing.

Tigerm

First Grade
THE POM:
Review has been completed & will be presented to the board by Wednesday. Madge appears to have survived the cut, not so much his assistants. The support staff will not be in Madge’s complete control but more or less club appointed, with the review under lining that they are well past the current game.
Player support was high & will be a major supporting factoring in Madge staying.

Good news, if true?
Don’t know who this bloke is, but he was spot on with this one?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Great news about Madge staying on. Absolute stability. More of the same old same old. So excited. Can't remember having a wooden spoon before in over 50 years of following rugby league.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Of course the same old same old (stability) goes for Pascoe, Hartigan,all the board members and most of the coaching personnel and last but not least the playing roster.

Fordy20

Juniors
He definitely got the Madge staying part right. The other stuff is harder to verify, but if the assistants end up being sacked that'll be more evidence in his favour.

If the review actually said what THE POM said it did and the board endorsed the recommendations, then I'm pretty happy with the outcome and it gives me more faith in the executive and the governance of the club.

BrotherJim05

Bench
He's on the official WT forum, I think he works for the club or has an insider that gives him info. He gets a lot of stuff right.

I'm glad we are persisting with Madge. Hopefully we can get a few half decent signings on board. Tariq Sims would be huge for us but I doubt it would happen. Wouldn't be surprised if we sign Elliot, Woods and Scott but as along as they are max 2 year deals I see no issues.

Potential round 1 if everything goes our way.:
  1. Laurie
  2. Nofa
  3. Gidart
  4. Scott*
  5. Maumalo
  6. Brooks
  7. Hastings
  8. Tamoa
  9. Liddle
  10. Stefano
  11. Sims*
  12. Luciano
  13. Twal
  14. Woods*
  15. Mikale
  16. Elliot
  17. Simpkins/Blore
Talau and Kepoa fighting for 18th man and ready to take Gidart/Scott's spot the moment they f**k up.
Doeuihi to replace Brooks or Hastings (whoever can't implement Madges game plan).
Tamoa won't last long if he keeps playing like he does so I imagine Woods or Twal would take his spot eventually. If Madge can get the best out of Elliot then he could be the lock that Madge is looking for.

All speculative based on who we can actually sign but it looks better than with Mbye/MCK/Packer/BJ in the top squad

Fordy20

Juniors
If we're giving Garner to Manly, then I'd want Taupau out of the deal before we took back Woods. Let Woods to go to Manly and play for the team he went for growing up.