What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should the EELS let go

Eelspride

Juniors
It's very useful to have a number three centre that can defend at NRL level.
Opacic can be used as a center and a winger give him time he would shine and he can defend remember that his name was thrown in the mix for a Queensland call up this year surely he was doing something good for him to be considered for a state of origin call up.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Opacic can be used as a center and a winger give him time he would shine and he can defend remember that his name was thrown in the mix for a Queensland call up this year surely he was doing something good for him to be considered for a state of origin call up.
I thought he was going great until the situation with his brother. Obviously Peni has gone past him but what a great back up. Hopefully he gets sufficient game time next year so hes ready when called upon.

hindy111

Post Whore
Opacic is a great defender with limited attack ability. I called this early in the season. So did Eelementary. He is fine but only if had great talent in the backline and elsewhere. In our side he doesn't work great.
Penisini and Blake are far superior.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Fair enough but I still have Ferguson maintained on a cheaper price over Sivo .
Obviously you don’t wish injury upon a player but Sivo’s injury was a for the betterment of the team young Dunster have played out of his skin something we haven’t seen from Sivo matterson on the other hand is a lazy player and his concussion issues worries me each time he gets concussed he’s gone between 4-6 weeks something we can’t afford to have on the other hands regarding stone I don’t know what he can offer to the team to be honest he has failed against the panthers and buckled in a terrible way as for Lane his been lazy for two seasons now plus when we have papalii and Niukore boosted by kikau if we can land him, that would be a much stronger option.
Agree Sivo isn't going be be good value going forward either, and we shouldn't re-sign himwhen he's contract's up. I don't think we're going to land Kikau at all, but Stone's already signed for next year (we needsome guys on small contracts as back-up). Agree Matterson and Lane shouldn't be re-signed on current values when tbe time comes Upgrade for Papali'i and keeping Niukore (at reasonable price) would be the priority.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Of the players off contract in six weeks the priority should be Mahoney. There are plenty of others we will want to keep, but we shouldn't break the bank for any of them:
Mahoney - re-sign priority 1 (3 years)
Gutherson - re-sign priority 1 (2 years, but he's probably wanting 3...)
Papali'i -re-sign & upgrade priority 1 (3 years)
Niukore - re-sign priority 2 (3 years, but not for overs if getting ridiculous offers elsewhere)
Paulo - re-sign priority 2 (2 years, but he's probably wanting 3...)
Dunster - re-sign & upgrade priority 2 (3 years)
Matterson - re-sign priorty 3 (2-3 years, if at lower than current and accepts/doesn't get other offers)
Kaufusi - re-sign priority 3 (3 years)
Russell - re-sign priority 3 (3 years)
Perham - re-sign priority 3 (3 years)
Stone - re-sign priority 3 (3 years, if at value/back-up price)
Opacic - probably not for 2023? (still suspect hasn't forgiven Gutho - I wouldn't)
Hipgrave - not fussed, retain priority 4 (but not for overs)
Grieg - not fussed, retain priority 4 (but not for overs)
Naiduki - never heard of him?
Arthur - only retain for 2023 if coach/Dad is extended...

Eelspride

Juniors
Agree Sivo isn't going be be good value going forward either, and we shouldn't re-sign himwhen he's contract's up. I don't think we're going to land Kikau at all, but Stone's already signed for next year (we needsome guys on small contracts as back-up). Agree Matterson and Lane shouldn't be re-signed on current values when tbe time comes Upgrade for Papali'i and keeping Niukore (at reasonable price) would be the priority.
All we need to do is resign our spine and keep the team together and get rid of all under performing players and blood in more youngsters we don’t need to sign from outside I believe we should start promoting our juniors and hope that they perform this year a couple of them proved as great talent and I’m sure we have other players that would relish the opportunity to play nrl

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mahoney - re-sign priority 1 (3 years)
Gutherson - re-sign priority 1 (2 years, but he's probably wanting 3...)
Papali'i -re-sign & upgrade priority 1 (3 years)
Niukore - re-sign priority 2 (3 years, but not for overs if getting ridiculous offers elsewhere)
Paulo - re-sign priority 2 (2 years, but he's probably wanting 3...)
Dunster - re-sign & upgrade priority 2 (3 years)
Matterson - re-sign priorty 3 (2-3 years, if at lower than current and accepts/doesn't get other offers)
Kaufusi - re-sign priority 3 (3 years)
Russell - re-sign priority 3 (3 years)
Perham - re-sign priority 3 (3 years)
Stone - re-sign priority 3 (3 years, if at value/back-up price)
Opacic - probably not for 2023? (still suspect hasn't forgiven Gutho - I wouldn't)
Hipgrave - not fussed, retain priority 4 (but not for overs)
Grieg - not fussed, retain priority 4 (but not for overs)
Naiduki - never heard of him?
Arthur - only retain for 2023 if coach/Dad is extended...
I think the priority should be any player willing to re-sign for what we think he's worth. Lower priorities should be merkins who want overs.

That’s great I hope that the players doesn’t get greedy and price themselves out because I don’t believe we should be paying overs to any player regardless of his position in the team I think the club’s original offer was a good offer and I hope Gutho realize that other players needs to be fitted in under a very tight salary cap.
And make it a condition of his contract that he has to eat meat.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Whose Lang? Does he play in the 20s?
Clubba!!

mr t dancing GIF

Latest posts