What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons re-sign Mikaele Ravalawa

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I remember Craig Smith being targetted for lifting his knee going into tackles and was suspended deluxe. They were saying it was dangerous and his running style was wriong etc. Craig's technique is exactly like Klemmer's know and many other players and nothing is said. NRL not consistent at all and unfortunately Rava is copping it this year. Justin Olam has done the same hit as Rava and got tackle of the week for it. The interpretations are extremely inconsistent.

They bring in rules to make it easier yet I feel they are just creating more grey areas as they go. Rules were much more black and white in the past.

Harry Bath

Juniors
...and it seems, these interpretations are impacted by the perceived "reputation" of the offender and it also seems, their relative standing in the game and their level of value to the broadcasters...
Unless the dragons get off their behinds and petition the NRL to stop victimizing Rava he will be rubbed out of the game or he goes to Storm or Roosters and becomes the best winger in the game.

Carlton

Juniors
I dont know what discussions the club have had with the NRL regarding some of the unreasonable treatment that the NRL has displayed towards our players and the club.

But, I am of the opinion that nothing will be achieved quietly behind closed doors, the "top" clubs all have one thing in common. They play out their gripes through the media and influence public opinion which in turn is what gets the NRL to rethink their stance. While, SGI play by the rules and make no noise publicly, they will be seen as victims and impotent by the administrative bullies of the game.

The soft edge that the team shows is reflected by the club in the way they roll over and accept their fate without a squeak. They let Rava down big time, there was nothing wrong with the tackles and the club should have explored ALL avenues to get him off. Rava's victimization didn't happen once but multiple times and the club still kept quiet.

Dragsters

First Grade
I dont know what discussions the club have had with the NRL regarding some of the unreasonable treatment that the NRL has displayed towards our players and the club.

But, I am of the opinion that nothing will be achieved quietly behind closed doors, the "top" clubs all have one thing in common. They play out their gripes through the media and influence public opinion which in turn is what gets the NRL to rethink their stance. While, SGI play by the rules and make no noise publicly, they will be seen as victims and impotent by the administrative bullies of the game.

The soft edge that the team shows is reflected by the club in the way they roll over and accept their fate without a squeak. They let Rava down big time, there was nothing wrong with the tackles and the club should have explored ALL avenues to get him off. Rava's victimization didn't happen once but multiple times and the club still kept quiet.

Correct on all counts.

Just ask Perenara about the consequences of coaches playing it out in the media...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Is it just me that think that hit on the Jerome Luia that took him out was a shoulder charge? It hit him in the head and knocked him out? And there was no wrapping of the arm from Munster? Not even a penalty? Wow....Poor Rava.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
And as per our player profiles Rava is still 9ekg and Cameron Munster is 98kg

When will we ever get our website player profiles right ?

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

agree RedV06
unfortunately the website doesnt :)

I don’t think any of the clubs have accurate player weights.
Rav’s is probably from when he was just out of puberty at Canberra.

Crush

Coach
I'm tipping RAVA to be our most potent attacking weapon this year, if he can get his tackling technique right and stay on the field he will be one of our most valuable players, big strong wingers are essential in this day and age, need him playing every game in 2022.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I'm tipping RAVA to be our most potent attacking weapon this year, if he can get his tackling technique right and stay on the field he will be one of our most valuable players, big strong wingers are essential in this day and age, need him playing every game in 2022.
Agreed. His finishing ability is freakish, he's practically immovable even with no room it's ridiculous

Latest posts