What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 Finals: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Mackay 18/9/21

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I watched the game again this morning.
Something I noticed when Fisher-Harris was taken off the ball by Niukore.
Penrith had dropped the ball and Parra had possession and were about to play the ball when Ashley Klein called time off. You see the Penrith trainer run onto the field to treat Fisher-Harris after the play was stopped.
Did the trainer request for the game to be stopped before assessing what was the injury to the player so bunker could review the play!
That is what it appears to me.
Yep, we had the ball. When Ferguson took a dive we also had the ball and it was only tackle one so there was f**k all advantage.

yy_cheng

Coach
Fines are nothing... I know rich 20 something year olds who park their cars anywhere they like.. They cop a fine and it's like $1 to them... But if they took away his driving points it will be different.

Take away points not stupid fines

The parra girl at work, said the family saw the writing on the wall mid way through the second half in terms of how the game was being officiated and they actually turned it off.

Pretty extreme, especially in a close match but that’s her account and I believe her.

It was a debacle, the incompetence of the nrl at the moment is at an all time high.

As discussed, I’m supporting the officials for the balance of the season. Cheer on all their mistakes and stupidity.

Hopefully Peter Wynn has some gear I can buy to show my support for these overpaid imbeciles.

yy_cheng

Coach
or even have a points system...

Say 10 points and you lose premiership points.

Including for players all contributes.

Say Coach blames ref in post match... instead of a $10k fine, penalize them, 5 points or whatever.. add the fine to it as well. Then when they hit 10 points, they lose 2 premiership points.

When they hit 20 points, another 2 premiership point etc

eel01s

Bench
The best one was the ref, touches and bunker missing the Cleary shepherd before Penisini accidentally touched the ball making a tackle. I thought the bunker always went all the way back to the play the ball? Instead of Panthers scoring in the next set we should have gotten a penalty.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
or even have a points system...

Say 10 points and you lose premiership points.

Including for players all contributes.

Say Coach blames ref in post match... instead of a $10k fine, penalize them, 5 points or whatever.. add the fine to it as well. Then when they hit 10 points, they lose 2 premiership points.

When they hit 20 points, another 2 premiership point etc
Yep. When the only cost for breaking rules is fines you're saying it's ok for the rich to break the rules. It's why carbon tax is a poor motivator for countering emissions. It means the rich can pollute as much as they like.

King-Gutho94

Coach
That's the best 25k penrith will ever spend.

Seriously they should be fined 500k and it should be taken out of there salary cap next year so that its a massive deterrent to this type of rubbish.

Not being able to spend 500k of your salary cap is a massive disadvantage that's 2 players you could lose.

NFL threaten draft picks obivously the NRL dont have a draft but its time the NRL get harder so that clubs including us are shit scared to do it.

You give the coaches an inch they will take a mile

forby

Juniors
And you should get exactly the same penalty for the same offence for calling for a stoppage when Blake was already off the field.

sorry, I forgot you are the most perfect team/club ever and never do anything wrong! Should change your name to the Angels! Next you petition for an permanent spot in the finals!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And you should get exactly the same penalty for the same offence for calling for a stoppage when Blake was already off the field.

sorry, I forgot you are the most perfect team/club ever and never do anything wrong! Should change your name to the Angels! Next you petition for an permanent spot in the finals!
The Blake stoppage had zero impact on the game other than to replace our best outside back with an undersized utility. We gained no advantage from it, and our trainer didn't have a history of breaking the rules.

forby

Juniors
Then why stop the game when the player is already off the field? They stopped Penrith any chance of building momentum in that set.
Stop kidding yourselves, you got beat! You weren’t robbed of any legitimate tries, you only crossed the line twice - once from a lucky bounce with offside players chasing and inside the 10m, and once from a correctly called forward pass. Penrith crossed 5 times - once from a grubber kick, two definite disallowed, one disallowed by the actions of an offside cheating halfback, one that was less offside than Parras try.

emjaycee

Coach
Then why stop the game when the player is already off the field? They stopped Penrith any chance of building momentum in that set.
Stop kidding yourselves, you got beat! You weren’t robbed of any legitimate tries, you only crossed the line twice - once from a lucky bounce with offside players chasing and inside the 10m, and once from a correctly called forward pass. Penrith crossed 5 times - once from a grubber kick, two definite disallowed, one disallowed by the actions of an offside cheating halfback, one that was less offside than Parras try.
If I try something twice and only succeed once, my pass mark is 50%.
If I try something 5 times and only succeed once, my pass mark is 20%.
#looser

Eelogical

Referee
Why are you here? Ohh, that's right.....to troll. Smugfers have got no chance next week. I'd put Hindy111's caravan on the banks of the Nepean on it. Isn't that right @hindy111?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's not just about crossing the line. There's all the opportunities that were gained unfairly (Penrith's only legitimate try was scored after a set restart given after Cleary ran behind his own player, which makes the try scored in the next set likewise illegitimate) and opportunities taken away unfairly, like Luai's cheating to take out a potential kick chaser on Ferguson's line break. And I'll give you that we had chasers offside on our try, meaning neither side scored a legitimate point. But we still made more breaks and your side got away with more illegal play. It's no solace to us that your trainer has been banned for cheating a second time.

I'm sure you'll have more luck convincing Panthers fans you deserved to win, so maybe you should f**k off to your own forum.

strider

Post Whore
He was already off the field ... it would have taken 10 seconds to get a replacement on .... you are dellussional if you think it affected the game

Latest posts