What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2022

Following the thorough annual review of club’s football operations, Wests Tigers have confirmed that Michael Maguire will remain in his position as Head Coach.

In addition, the club has also confirmed several structural and procedural changes will take effect within the football department. These changes have the sole aim of ensuring the club continues to challenge itself in the way it operates in order to become a better performing organisation

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said: “While we always understood this review and process would take time, it was the responsibility of the football committee to ensure all information was considered to make the right decisions for the club moving forward.
So the physio gets sacked…

I still want the Ciraldo for defence and back up.

Tigerm

First Grade
Following the thorough annual review of club’s football operations, Wests Tigers have confirmed that Michael Maguire will remain in his position as Head Coach.

In addition, the club has also confirmed several structural and procedural changes will take effect within the football department. These changes have the sole aim of ensuring the club continues to challenge itself in the way it operates in order to become a better performing organisation

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said: “While we always understood this review and process would take time, it was the responsibility of the football committee to ensure all information was considered to make the right decisions for the club moving forward.
I’m sure everyone will be glad it’s over and we can concentrate on getting on with recruitment that will give us the edge next season and beyond.🙂

Das Hassler

Bench
The hacks...and most of them barely rise to that generous term. .will be howling now because it's gone against their super sleuth rock solid predictions....the one and only reason the 360 circlejerks and the other clowns/ legends were upset last night was nothing to do with how WT do anything but because they lost half their scheduled blah blah content for their show after madge was meant to have been announced as being sacked. If the WT board never do another good thing i'll take ruining the evening for those bloated overpaid (i.e. ANYTHING they get paid) arse sniffing ambulance chasers .

To add...i'm not on snapbook...facechat or anywhere else so feel free to relay my compliments anywhere any of those toga wearing emperors hold court.

Last edited:

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Well, at least decision made. I hope they can recruit the experienced players needed to lead and foster the young'uns.

Curious on the changes they mentioned.

Das Hassler

Bench
A hack just came out with..."what a mess...my head's spinning...can't keep up" ...sure...he can't keep up with the imbecilc bullshit generated by his power lunching self-appointed genius buddies ....so far as ive seen WT haven't back flipped on anything they've said.
No doubt the pressure is on madge for '22 which he would gratefully understand and understand further that sheens is his boss...put the past in the rear view mirror...this is the best outcome.

Das Hassler

Bench
A bit of clarity from Gould..

Over past month, media carried numerous reports, Maguire was only hours away from sack. Quoting “reliable sources”, people “within club” All delivered as FACT. Yet here we are, Maguire retains his job. Who apologises, compensates Michael or the club, for inaccuracies & stress?

Tigerm

First Grade
A bit of clarity from Gould..

Over past month, media carried numerous reports, Maguire was only hours away from sack. Quoting “reliable sources”, people “within club” All delivered as FACT. Yet here we are, Maguire retains his job. Who apologises, compensates Michael or the club, for inaccuracies & stress?
Good comment, and he must have been feeling the stress?

Good comment, and he must have been feeling the stress?
The stress is not about money or even the job as he’s already quite wealthy and accomplished and in demand elsewhere.

I think any suffering and anguish would arise from the speculation and inference from some in the club and media ( as @Das Hassler has made clear) that he is an inferior coach and collateral damage to his reputation.

When he’s in doubt, so is his power and influence including subliminally over players and Others he needs to manage and work with.

I was looking at Parramatta closely this weekend and I saw a side that was really up for the game mentally and I wondered if we could replicate and copy some of those ingredients. We need to splash out and bring these quality underlings in.

And it’s not lost on me that we are have been conservative in recruitment and I respect Our committee, but the time is right now to get some good marquee.

And I would pretty much tell a player anything they want to hear. Any bullshite to sign up our most wanted.

Congratulations Madge. If anyone deserves one last throw of the dice …it’s this bloke.

Das Hassler

Bench
Brad Walter and Dan Walsh.....here's a couple of sherlocks for you..i.must have imagined that Sheens coached Farah at WT for 9 years or so including a premiership

"Sheens, who coached Maguire at the Raiders and has a relationship with Tigers great Robbie Farah – a member of the club’s staff – from his time in charge of the Kangaroos."

Tigerm

First Grade
Brad Walter and Dan Walsh.....here's a couple of sherlocks for you..i.must have imagined that Sheens coached Farah at WT for 9 years or so including a premiership

"Sheens, who coached Maguire at the Raiders and has a relationship with Tigers great Robbie Farah – a member of the club’s staff – from his time in charge of the Kangaroos."
Investigative journalism at its best😂

BrotherJim05

Bench
Whatever happens, I will be backing Madge for 2022 season. He's kept his job because we need some godamn stability and the players need to respect the position of the head coach. If Madge can get us into the 8 I'd love nothing more than for him to face the media and tell everyone to go f**k themselves in those exact words. Something like:
"can you crisis merchants just shut the f**k up for a minute and let me coach. Oh and Michael Chammas, next time I'm on the drink I'm coming to put one on your chin. I don't give a f**k about my career anymore I just wanted to get us in the 8 then put one on your chin".

Investigative journalism at its best

Like the hacks on Fox the other night carrying on because (according to them) the management had canceled their board meeting etc. Like, none of these guys had worked in an operational environment, a corporate environment (OK that's not the West Tigers, we all know) or read the Fin Review etc. Meetings get canceled every single day in the business world, no matter how big or small they are, even the most important meetings get canceled because of some other factor, FFS there's a little virus doing the rounds that has put a stop to so much, perhaps a virus swept through the business PC's and laptops and they couldn't use zoom, but no they wouldn't know there ar5e from their elbows these hacks.

Tigerm

First Grade

Supposedly a March 22 completion?

Supposedly a March 22 completion?
Hope so.

I wonder what diet and exercises Laurie is on to beef him up without losing his speed and beautiful footwork?

Massive find courtesy of Hartigan.

Im getting tired of people defaming and criticising Hartigan. He’s clearly one of our better talents.

Rome wasn’t built in a day. He gets most things right.

Last edited:
So I sent my submission to the club today expressing my enthusiasm for Tim’s arrival and so forth.

I kept it upbeat and positive as we are a bit under siege.

I will let you lads know if I get a response.

I am a very harsh critic of senior management for different reasons but at the end of the day, I am in the trenches against all foes.

We have a lot of enemies trying to exploit us for their own reasons. We shall not give way, they shall not pass.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Hope so.

I wonder what diet and exercises Laurie is on to beef him up without losing his speed and beautiful footwork?

Massive find courtesy of Hartigan.

Im getting tired of people defaming and criticising Hartigan. He’s clearly one of our better talents.

Rome wasn’t built in a day. He gets most things right.
Hasn’t achieved Jack shit so far.

Hasn’t achieved Jack shit so far.
I disagree.

On paper, if most or all of our players were playing well and near optimum, we could have made the finals.

He inherited only 65% of a proper cap which has been a serious impediment to the success of tenure so far.

This is not a tip or related to my signings “ news” but does anyone like that Canberra Huth?

Last edited: