What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Preliminary Semifinal V Storm

Kilkenny

Coach
Sutton is the ref could be interesting
Don’t even go there Murray.

Its clear were playing busted. So many players playing on Saturday who during a regular season game wouldn’t be playing.

It is what it is, we can only do our best and hope for the best.

We used all our good fortune up pre SOO and since then things have largely gone against us.

History shows the fittest and in form sides going into the playoffs tend to be there on GF day and unfortunately we have too many key players carrying injury as a consequence of which we are not playing at our best.

I can live with it. I hope we hang in there, compete and make the Storm earn there victory if that is the way things pan out.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Don’t even go there Murray.

Its clear were playing busted. So many players playing on Saturday who during a regular season game wouldn’t be playing.

It is what it is, we can only do our best and hope for the best.

We used all our good fortune up pre SOO and since then things have largely gone against us.

History shows the fittest and in form sides going into the playoffs tend to be there on GF day and unfortunately we have too many key players carrying injury as a consequence of which we are not playing at our best.

I can live with it. I hope we hang in there, compete and make the Storm earn there victory if that is the way things pan out.
Just No.

Everything you say makes perfect sense and is most likely very accurate but I don't want to hear that talk.

We have worked so bloody hard over the past 2 years and we are taking the absolute hardest route we can take against great adversity.

We may have our backs against the wall but we are battle hardened and as tough as nails and we deserve it, its our time.

forby

Juniors
That was brought up tonight - that Penrith had private concerns with Gerard Sutton as his brother Bernie is paid as a consultant or something by the Storm. I think it was Kenty again! More s**t stirring from League 360!

Kilkenny

Coach
Referees are human. Officiating NRL games in real time is an almost impossible job. They simply can’t get every call right, impossible job. Do I think referees go into a game with a preconceived bias against one team, no I don’t, that is absurd I believe they are largely impartial. Are there outside influences, systematic failings, or simply just a subconscious leaning towards one side or another yes I believe there is which again is just human nature.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Just No.

Everything you say makes perfect sense and is most likely very accurate but I don't want to hear that talk.

We have worked so bloody hard over the past 2 years and we are taking the absolute hardest route we can take against great adversity.

We may have our backs against the wall but we are battle hardened and as tough as nails and we deserve it, its our time.

I believe their is a touch of Qldander origin behaviour going on by Penrith. Everyone was out and about yesterday: Limps, crutches, moon boots and cuts at the ready. Playing a little game of 'gee were busted aren't we' going on.....

Sure 3 players Edwards, To'o and Kiks will need fitness tests later this week.

But yesterday had a little smell of fun and games, the limps etc just a little more pronounced 🤣

Kilkenny

Coach
At the end of the day, put out your faith and support of the team selected by our brains trust. By all means enjoy spirited debate around selections personally I don’t get the hate directed towards Ivan Cleary. We‘ve enjoyed two great seasons regardless of the outcome of Saturday afternoon against the Storm.

forby

Juniors
No team has ever won as many games in 2 seasons as this one! And they rank in the top few as the best defensive team ever!
After 55 seasons of seeing Penrith play I feel incredibly blessed to have witnessed these 2 years. Winning 2 games straight used to be a reason for celebration. Now they lose one and we all feel disappointed. Let’s enjoy and celebrate this special team - we never see anything like it again!
I just hope they can be perhaps the greatest Panthers team ever by winning just 2 more games this year!

roofromoz

First Grade
You are giving him exactly what he wants by reacting to him this way. This shit is why he's employed

Exactly, if you read the Fox Sports website at least half (if not more) of the NRL articles are just what was said on NRL360 and their other shows. It creates the content, they feed off the outrage, which is usually confected. Kent and the others probably don't even believe half the shit they say or write, but they know it will generate eyeballs and discussions just like this.

Frankus

Juniors
Keep it simple stupid. Bash the middle, run hard, tackle harder. Play relaxed and let the adrenaline do the work for the first 10-15 mins. Spread it wide, edge forwards running decent lines. Don’t always throw a face ball to kiks or Martin, throw the shadow with Dyl or someone else chiming in. Our plays need to flow and not be so clunky and predictable.

The boys play their best when they are out there enjoying it. It’s potentially the last game of 2021 for them. So they should have some fun.

mxlegend99

Referee
There's no way the NRL let us win this game. Odds are we wouldnt have won anyway but the media hate us and the NRL have reacted to the media influence against us all season.

They claim refs aren't influenced by what's being said and yet from our first kick against Souths we are warned for the thing Bennett was bitching about and doing himself through the game we were warned about doing it.

The media hate us but so does every neutral fan. Refs could rape us with blatantly obvious calls and the media and neutrals will just say its karma.

Not that being hated by the media is new. We cant celebrate a try without it pissing people off. We can't give the opposition shit after f**k ups without it pissing people off. We seem to have become the team everyone universally hates quicker than most other teams and without really having much success.

Frankus

Juniors
There's no way the NRL let us win this game. Odds are we wouldnt have won anyway but the media hate us and the NRL have reacted to the media influence against us all season.

They claim refs aren't influenced by what's being said and yet from our first kick against Souths we are warned for the thing Bennett was bitching about and doing himself through the game we were warned about doing it.

The media hate us but so does every neutral fan. Refs could rape us with blatantly obvious calls and the media and neutrals will just say its karma.

Not that being hated by the media is new. We cant celebrate a try without it pissing people off. We can't give the opposition shit after f**k ups without it pissing people off. We seem to have become the team everyone universally hates quicker than most other teams and without really having much success.
Nar, my hatred for the storm outweighs every neutral fans’ hatred for us. Trust me.

mxlegend99

Referee
Nar, my hatred for the storm outweighs every neutral fans’ hatred for us. Trust me.
Most neutrals tend to hate Storm. But would prefer to see them win then us. Anyone would think we've been breaching the salary cap and have made it here with an illegally assembled squad.

Every minor thing we do pisses everyone off. I think you underestimate how hated we have become. Used to be mostly Tigers fans. But now it's everyone.

Frankus

Juniors
Most neutrals tend to hate Storm. But would prefer to see them win then us. Anyone would think we've been breaching the salary cap and have made it here with an illegally assembled squad.

Every minor thing we do pisses everyone off. I think you underestimate how hated we have become. Used to be mostly Tigers fans. But now it's everyone.
Yeah this lockdown has had me living in more of a bubble than usual.

Latest posts