What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Preliminary Semifinal V Storm

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Penrith Panthers are a bit like the Indian Cricket team. Everyone loved them when 'they' appeared to know their place (within the NRL class structure)

Penrith though in 2021 have kicked that all aside to show some swagger, confidence, and delight especially about being from a joint called Penrith and the druitt.

Unwilling now to take onboard the 'condesending attitudes' by the big end of town.(and especially their supporters.) Everyone is now OUTRAGED.

They want back the meek and mild Penrith of the past where we were just grateful for being in the NRL

roofromoz

First Grade
Penrith Panthers are a bit like the Indian Cricket team. Everyone loved them when 'they' appeared to know their place (within the NRL class structure)

Penrith though in 2021 have kicked that all aside to show some swagger, confidence, and delight especially about being from a joint called Penrith and the druitt.

Unwilling now to take onboard the 'condesending attitudes' by the big end of town.(and especially their supporters.) Everyone is now OUTRAGED.

They want back the meek and mild Penrith of the past where we were just grateful for being in the NRL

Our defence needs to be like Cheteshwar Pujara.

WestyLife

First Grade

Where did you read that?

WestyLife

First Grade
No-where. It came from my brain...... 🤣

I'm going to go into a feminist rant here. I wonder would you say the same to a bloke. Or would you perhaps suggest that gee this bloke actually thinks about the game and has some genuine insight about the NRL and cricket.

I am ALMOST beyond speech. 🤗

Not a woman thing, it's reads much like a journalist. You might’ve missed your calling in life.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Not a woman thing, it's reads much like a journalist. You might’ve missed your calling in life.

Thanks. I appreciate that.

I was an early childhood teacher, went out and got the degree in my late 30's early 40's.

By the time I was 50 (over 10 years ago) I had to retire due to ill health.

Even now all these years later. I still miss it.

I did read something back in the 1970's which talked about the West Indain cricket team. It spoke about the racism and pateralism they had to endure.

After hearing Paul Kent last night talk about Penrith Leagues club being able to cover the cost of the fine, during a WELFARE afternoon at the queen of the nile Pokies I thought

Yep Postcode racism.

Think back to earlier in the year when the players were accused of being 'too cocky' in the way they celebrated tries......

Hence my thoughts. Share it and use it if you think it applies.

Jennifer.

Manly used this to their advantage in the 70s. We should too.
The problem is the Panther feed off positive energy; they want to sing and dance and be loved. I am sure they could create an us-versus-them narrative, but I don't think we have the veteran players to exploit it.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The problem is the Panther feed off positive energy; they want to sing and dance and be loved. I am sure they could create an us-versus-them narrative, but I don't think we have the veteran players to exploit it.

I honestly don't think they care.. They are loved by the community, their club, their fans.......Look at the handshake thing earlier in the year. They took the 'mickey' out of it.