What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Crowd Watch

Brutus

Referee
Ok what numbers are we expecting for the prelim finals at Suncorp Stadium this weekend.

Surely both games will top 30k.

The time is now for Brisbane people to get on board the 2021 season.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Ok what numbers are we expecting for the prelim finals at Suncorp Stadium this weekend.

Surely both games will top 30k.

The time is now for Brisbane people to get on board the 2021 season.
I think that both games will be closer to 22-27k

Big Moose

Juniors
The need to crack 30k but it seems to be no rush on sales. Hopefully the NRL push something to junior players to get people through the gates and stadium members turn up.

beave

Coach
I was very surprised it didn't sell out considering it only holds 25k

if they put the melbourne game up there instead of south's/panthers it would have gone close to selling out IMO (but i understand why they played storm manly at the sunny coast).

Neither 4 of those teams that played the double header in Tvl have particularly big fan bases up in NQ, throw in the fact that origin burnt a lot of people with the pea hearted effort by the maroons and the cost associated going to it and the lack of cash floating around from the lack of tourists, it is what it is. If i still lived up there, I probably wouldn't have gone to it either and I'm a league fanatic.

yobbo84

First Grade
if they put the melbourne game up there instead of south's/panthers it would have gone close to selling out IMO (but i understand why they played storm manly at the sunny coast).

Neither 4 of those teams that played the double header in Tvl have particularly big fan bases up in NQ, throw in the fact that origin burnt a lot of people with the pea hearted effort by the maroons and the cost associated going to it and the lack of cash floating around from the lack of tourists, it is what it is. If i still lived up there, I probably wouldn't have gone to it either and I'm a league fanatic.
rUgBy LeAgUe hEaRtLaNd 😎

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
26,249 last night at suncorp
something similar expected today

both crowds a bit disappointing tbh
Disagree. The last time these clubs met in a final (a semi to be fair) was in 2019 and it drew 32k.

26,249 at a neutral venue is great.

This afternoons prelim is out selling it too.

Big Moose

Juniors
Disagree. The last time these clubs met in a final (a semi to be fair) was in 2019 and it drew 32k.

26,249 at a neutral venue is great.

This afternoons prelim is out selling it too.
I think considering kids are basically at adult prices its a pass. It looked great on tv seeing the eastern bank full. I dare say one prelim at Brisbane and one at GC might have seen a prelim sell out. The city is buzzing for the GF.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
it would have cracked 50 no probs

& 26K is average

the prelim last year got over 37K just last year

same venue
worse point of the pandemic

Worse point of the pandemic? I don’t agree with you there either, mate. While we didn’t have access to the vaccine yet, we weren’t dealing with delta.

Sydney hasn’t had 50k to a prelim since Roosters V Souths in 2014. Your suggestion that it would crack 50k no probs is based on no evidence really. 40k was allowed to the Souths v Penrith prelim last year in Sydney. Could only get 30k. Two Sydney teams playing at a Sydney venue.

Last year Brisbane had one prelim in town and there was massive bandwagon support for Canberra. The Qld folk couldn’t give a flying f**k about Penrith, Manly and Souths. Melbourne have a bit of support. We will see a larger crowd tonight and possibly close to 60k in total.

Worse point of the pandemic? I don’t agree with you there either, mate. While we didn’t have access to the vaccine yet, we weren’t dealing with delta.

Sydney hasn’t had 50k to a prelim since Roosters V Souths in 2014. Your suggestion that it would crack 50k no probs is based on no evidence really. 40k was allowed to the Souths v Penrith prelim last year in Sydney. Could only get 30k. Two Sydney teams playing at a Sydney venue.

Last year Brisbane had one prelim in town and there was massive bandwagon support for Canberra. The Qld folk couldn’t give a flying f**k about Penrith, Manly and Souths. Melbourne have a bit of support. We will see a larger crowd tonight and possibly close to 60k in total.
are you kidding
no vaccine & hundreds dying not dozens
so yea
much
much worse

the crowd was average
no polishing of turds here