What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360 + other footy shows

Pazza

First Grade
Still can’t prove what was in the bag. They will cop what Lane copped…who also denied the white powder was coke. IIRC he said he was just pretending it was coke haha. 2 game suspension and a fine.
that lad dance he was doing was unequivocal proof munster was completely buzzed ahaha

i just wish people would put the phone away ahah

strider

Post Whore
wouldnt it be great to have a dennis moran or pj marsh on the bench these days
Those merkins thrived on aggression ... unfortunately they might end up sitting on the sidelines a bit these days in the era of dont tackle anyone hard

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We overrate them when we need to talk up what a fantastic job Bea and the club are doing but then we underrate them when need to talk down the roster so we can tell everyone what a fantastic job Bea and his coaching staff are doing.
If the club was doing a fantastic job we would have better players. I'm glad they don't think they can just blame the coach these days.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just like our coach??? You jump all over us when we say anything remotely negative about him. But the players are fair game.
That's because we can see when the players f**k up or even when they're just not as good as the other team. With the coach how could we know? Blaming him is just making excuses for the players and whoever is responsible for getting better players.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That's because we can see when the players f**k up or even when they're just not as good as the other team. With the coach how could we know? Blaming him is just making excuses for the players and whoever is responsible for getting better players.
So we can’t see when the coach f**ks up?? Lol horrible interchange usage, still can’t pick a bench to save his life. Putting his sons career ahead of the team?? Let alone our dogshit attack with its u12’s shapes.

Yeah so it’s the players and people responsible for putting the roster together now lol. And people reckon Avenger flip flops. Surely the quality of the coach also decides on the quality of the players he can attract???

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So we can’t see when the coach f**ks up??
The shit you wrote after this tells me you can't.
Lol horrible interchange usage, still can’t pick a bench to save his life. Putting his sons career ahead of the team?? Let alone our dogshit attack with its u12’s shapes.
You have no way of knowing whether different decisions would have led to better results in either the long or the short term. You seem to think not winning the comp proves any given decision was wrong, which has zero objectivity behind it.
Yeah so it’s the players and people responsible for putting the roster together now lol. And people reckon Avenger flip flops. Surely the quality of the coach also decides on the quality of the players he can attract???
Yes definitely. What do you think determines the quality of coaches you can attract? Just good old fashioned not getting it done (ffs)?

I suggest the same things that limit a club's attractiveness to coaches also makes it harder to compete in the player market.

emjaycee

Coach
Does anybody seriously think that a first grade rugby league coach, who lives under the scrutiny of media and fans, would actually put their son's career ahead of the team?

While I know BA claims to the sole decision maker with regard to team selections, it would be unprecedented to think that picking your son if they clearly were not ready and/or the best available option would just be ignored. Sure Jarthur needs more time to develop into a more reliable first grader, but it is not like he wasn't capable.

Avenger

Immortal
There have been plenty of occasions when players were put into first grade when they weren’t ready. Ben Anderson, Scott Fulton come to mind when their respective fathers were the head coach.

Although not without his limitations I thought Jake Arthur was ready to get a crack however I would have only persevered with him once I came to the conclusion that Will Smith was the better option. And that was after Jake Arthur’s second game. If anyone here doesn’t think there wasn’t some unconscious bias towards Jake’s selection by his father than they are in denial or just plain ignorant. It’s also understandable and I’d probably do the same thing if I was BA.

emjaycee

Coach
I can only base my views on my own upbringing, but I recall my old man used to make it harder for me to achieve my goals, not easier.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Does anybody seriously think that a first grade rugby league coach, who lives under the scrutiny of media and fans, would actually put their son's career ahead of the team?

While I know BA claims to the sole decision maker with regard to team selections, it would be unprecedented to think that picking your son if they clearly were not ready and/or the best available option would just be ignored. Sure Jarthur needs more time to develop into a more reliable first grader, but it is not like he wasn't capable.
I was fine with JArthur getting a crack the first time when he had had Moses there alongside him. But after the South’s game he showed he was clearly not ready for first grade especially as the main half.

I’m pretty sure fresh Prince was back and able to play before the Canberra game, but not only was BArrhur Jr back he was vaulted into the seven jumper ahead of Brown he showed last season in a few games he was capable of being the lead half. Our most dangerous player Mahoney was taken off with the game on the balance while BArthur Jr was kept on. Next week against the Roosters he was targeted badly and had an absolute shocker. Young Bea is clearly talented with a good head on his shoulders and after another off season his body might catch up with his footy smarts but to say he was capable especially as the main half is a massive stretch.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I watched plenty of NSW Cup and Rankin was clearly the leader and main organiser in that grade. In the long run Jrthurs exposure may well be beneficial but to say he earned his place ahead of Rankin, in my opinion, just wasnt so.
It reminded me of how long it took Andrew ???? the back rower in 2020 and Maka this year to get their shot when they had clearly earned their opportunity. In Rankins case it never eventuated. I reckon he would have surprised many in the 1s.
I wonder if it was more the case of providing opportunities to potential over journey men without naming specific players. Development prioritised over winning?
Fingers crossed the Kid kicks on.

yy_cheng

Coach
The few games that I did watch, rankin was very good. He kicks goals too. He didn't travel to qld but he would be my 1st half picked next year, if he stays, if Moses or dyl goes down.

Could he be our 14?

Gazzamatta

Coach
The few games that I did watch, rankin was very good. He kicks goals too. He didn't travel to qld but he would be my 1st half picked next year, if he stays, if Moses or dyl goes down.

Could he be our 14?
He could but my preference would be that our 14 is a 9 good enough to provide the skills Rheed is developing and to lessen his workload. A 9 like Tanah Boyd can also cover 6 & 7. If players like Matto and Marata stay they can provide emergency cover in the backs.

yy_cheng

Coach
He could but my preference would be that our 14 is a 9 good enough to provide the skills Rheed is developing and to lessen his workload. A 9 like Tanah Boyd can also cover 6 & 7. If players like Matto and Marata stay they can provide emergency cover in the backs.
Yeah... I would go for Havilli still. Can probably used as a lock as well like bwandon