What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The way I see it we need at least two centres, another winger, another half for at least next year, one or two quality second rowers, a hooker, a quality prop plus another bench prop and a back who can play 1-5.

We are a f**king shambles. Nofoaluma, Brooks, Tamou and Mikaele should have all been shipped off at the end of this year.

We're going to be starting the year with Brooks and Hastings in the halves. We won't see AD for at least 2/3rd's of the year, Madden isn't ready, and that's assuming he'll ever be.

Razor thin in the centres, relying on a guy who's been injured a bit in England to come here turn things around along with Talau who may not stay in the backs. Outside of him we have a kid who has feet for hands recovering from an ACL injury who may come good as a centre (based on the 30 minutes he played at centre before doing said ACL,) and a busted 30 something whose only asset is pace and doesn't have a halfback who can give him any space to utilise it. Kei and Hoffman are in the lower grades and virtually untested.

Same with wingers. Ken is solid, Nofoaluma is routinely found out by his opposite number and lets in more tries than he scores. Evident that Cini will not be a first grader now. Apart from that there's untested young fellas in the lower grades.

If Laurie goes down for any extended period of time, we're f**ked.

Luciano is not an 80 minute player and his lateral movement is non existent, Blore is coming along well IMO, very solid defender, gets good metres post contact and might become useful if we have a halfback who might actually do something more with him than throw a short pass at the line. Garner I think has hit his ceiling, what you see is what you get. He's a loose defender at times as well. Tuilagi has shown some glimpses of what he can do, but he's still raw. Tuki is still only young, could be anything.

Liddle is made of tissue and spit and Jake is still learning his trade. Really need to land a good quality nine. If Api Koroisau is pushed out of Penrith they should have a go at him and let Liddle go. Would prefer Cheese but he's going to Brissy #2 or Easts.

We need one good prop to lead the forwards. Tamou is not that guy. Adding to him we have Stef, Twal, Musgrove, Amone, Mikaele.

Stef is starting to push a case as our premier prop, Twal while not explosive is my first player picked every week as he's a dependable workhorse in defence and in grunt work. Musgrove looks like a cheaper Packer that will be perpetually injured for the remainder of his contract, Amone has shown nothing and Mikaele doesn't have the brains to be a first grader.

We have a lot of holes that need plugging, and they can't all just be kids.
Is this the post of the year?

But I’m hoping the changes, new players and sheens will lift the squads performance.

Last edited:

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
The way I see it we need at least two centres, another winger, another half for at least next year, one or two quality second rowers, a hooker, a quality prop plus another bench prop and a back who can play 1-5.

We are a f**king shambles. Nofoaluma, Brooks, Tamou and Mikaele should have all been shipped off at the end of this year.

We're going to be starting the year with Brooks and Hastings in the halves. We won't see AD for at least 2/3rd's of the year, Madden isn't ready, and that's assuming he'll ever be.

Razor thin in the centres, relying on a guy who's been injured a bit in England to come here turn things around along with Talau who may not stay in the backs. Outside of him we have a kid who has feet for hands recovering from an ACL injury who may come good as a centre (based on the 30 minutes he played at centre before doing said ACL,) and a busted 30 something whose only asset is pace and doesn't have a halfback who can give him any space to utilise it. Kei and Hoffman are in the lower grades and virtually untested.

Same with wingers. Ken is solid, Nofoaluma is routinely found out by his opposite number and lets in more tries than he scores. Evident that Cini will not be a first grader now. Apart from that there's untested young fellas in the lower grades.

If Laurie goes down for any extended period of time, we're f**ked.

Luciano is not an 80 minute player and his lateral movement is non existent, Blore is coming along well IMO, very solid defender, gets good metres post contact and might become useful if we have a halfback who might actually do something more with him than throw a short pass at the line. Garner I think has hit his ceiling, what you see is what you get. He's a loose defender at times as well. Tuilagi has shown some glimpses of what he can do, but he's still raw. Tuki is still only young, could be anything.

Liddle is made of tissue and spit and Jake is still learning his trade. Really need to land a good quality nine. If Api Koroisau is pushed out of Penrith they should have a go at him and let Liddle go. Would prefer Cheese but he's going to Brissy #2 or Easts.

We need one good prop to lead the forwards. Tamou is not that guy. Adding to him we have Stef, Twal, Musgrove, Amone, Mikaele.

Stef is starting to push a case as our premier prop, Twal while not explosive is my first player picked every week as he's a dependable workhorse in defence and in grunt work. Musgrove looks like a cheaper Packer that will be perpetually injured for the remainder of his contract, Amone has shown nothing and Mikaele doesn't have the brains to be a first grader.

We have a lot of holes that need plugging, and they can't all just be kids.

Goddamn this so depressinly true. We really are in a mess. Probably the only positive is we don't really have any massively over inflated long contracts on our books.

Is a signing due anytime soon?
Yes, I can’t be sure as to whether it’s already done or not only intent from private sources. And as I said, if I disclosed this and people believed it, someone somewhere could take a chance it’s for real and start meddling.

All I have been doing is asking my direct connection to him to talk up the club, how awesome we fans are and how excited we would be to see him run out as a Wests Tiger. Everything he wants to hear.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Yes, I can’t be sure as to whether it’s already done or not only intent from private sources. And as I said, if I disclosed this and people believed it, someone somewhere could take a chance it’s for real and start meddling.

All I have been doing is asking my direct connection to him to talk up the club, how awesome we fans are and how excited we would be to see him run out as a Wests Tiger. Everything he wants to hear.
I have allways been a huge fan. He is an absolute legend.

My prospective player intern may know of more players because he’s advised of one.

And if it all comes off, we may get an actual insider in the player camp over the season to feed us the good oil for once and to fact check club and bastard media propaganda.

Another reason to keep all things cool now.

Last edited: