What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Should this rumor be correct (?) then could anyone truly believe that a individual such as Munster , would be totally committed to his new club ?

As already pointed out it would only be for 1 season , would the bloke mend his ways sufficiently to actually contribute quality football to his games . Or would his mind be elsewhere - on his true club in Queensland in 2023 ?

Of course then there is always the chance , lawd forbid , that he suffers a serious injury and is ruled out for a large part of the season in which case a lot of good money gone straight down the gurgler .

In any case I would much rather pay out a premium amount of dollars on a player such as young Harry Grant ( yet again only a rumor , a wishful one at that ) should he ever decide to leave Sin city .

Last edited:

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Sullivan is ready. He should have been on the park last year. His defence is first grade quality and his attack is going to win us games. Him and Amone have been the form halves in the lower grades for ages and if we don't give them a shot very soon then other teams will be more than happy to. Amone could be brought through over the next two years. Sloane also is good to go full time in firsts, I reckon we'll see him bulked up and ready for the number 1 jersey by March.
I remember Hook saying that of all the young guys in pre season Amone seemed best prepared to take the step to more regular first grade appearances. Interested to see how he and Bud and Sloan go in the coming pre season. Lots of talent.

denis preston

First Grade
Well Sullivan will get little game time next year with Hunt as halfback

plus I honestly believe we won’t sign any other forwards.

our pack already is

8. Lawrie
10. Molo
11.Su’a
12.Bird
13.De Belin
BENCH
15.Burgess
16.McGuire
17.Sims
RESERVES
18.Kerr
19.Fuimaono
20.Burns
21.Ford
22.Fa’amusili
23.Alvaro

I honestly don’t think any of those starting or bench forwards will not be in the RD 1 team
You may be right BR but i hope youré not ! 18 to 23 seriously were reserve grade standard last year and hence our major problem. Out of those 14 forwards i'd rate about 4 with potentially 8 IF Simms & Bird are fit and committed off the bench, Burgess recovers from his injury 100% and Lawrie develops i don't know what in to , just develops !

BIG RIG

Juniors
You may be right BR but i hope youré not ! 18 to 23 seriously were reserve grade standard last year and hence our major problem. Out of those 14 forwards i'd rate about 4 with potentially 8 IF Simms & Bird are fit and committed off the bench, Burgess recovers from his injury 100% and Lawrie develops i don't know what in to , just develops !
I agree with ya that there reserve grade standard and I for one hope and pray we add another 2 first grade quality forwards - I just wonder if hook has the same vision

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Agree denis, i don’t believe we’re in the mix unless we get another top line forward or two.

Last edited:

qld redvee

Juniors
I remember Hook saying that of all the young guys in pre season Amone seemed best prepared to take the step to more regular first grade appearances. Interested to see how he and Bud and Sloan go in the coming pre season. Lots of talent.
Probably had a lot to do with Bud and his injuries.. given a full off season and a reserve grade next year Bud and amone should be fighting it out

qld redvee

Juniors
Agree denis we need to have a few extra 1st grade standard players running around in reserves waiting for an injury or loss of form in 1 to 17. this is where we have been lacking for a few years , thats why I wouldnt mind scott for a minimum $ contract means we havent got youngsters being thrown into reserves way before their time or ending up with a maranta type of signing

SEAT 1A

Bench
I can't see another 1996 around the corner so Munster for one year is not worth it. Depending on what was said to the BBQ lads, it wouldn't reflect the standards required for the future.

It's hard to get a strong player bond with the St George/Illawarra demographics and it seemed difficult to get the message out to some of the plyers that having a BBQ in lockdown as the players thought they were still in the "bubble".

Given that winning the premiership next year is very long odds, it's worth going for youth and giving them a crack to make eight and 23 looks more interesting.

Como Connection

First Grade
Burns is fine, a good prospect.
CC

possm

Coach
I'd say that Munster's experience and talent could improve the plight of our team in 2022. Munster for Norman would have to be a plus. Hunt to 9, Sullivan to 14, and Amone to 7 would see our two most promising juniors still in our top 17.

The bottom line for me is that I want to see an improved performance in 2022. And I'm not speaking about scraping into the 8, I'm speaking about knocking on the door for a top 4 spot.