What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Can picture this happening Crush. He dropped heaps playing for the Bunnies. We cannot afford to be dropping balls close to our line when trying to get out of the red zone. Hunt receives the ball from the kick off and passes it to G Burgess. Oh no! knock on and the defending team scores next to the posts. Haha!
Oh well, we do that now. At least next year we’ll have some size and intimidation before we drop it!

Trifili13

Juniors
While I agree that the talent will be spread every thinner with the new team entering the competition in 2023, I could be wrong but I am not too worried about the new team poaching our players. Yes we have some promising youngsters and good to have them under lock and key, but if I was recruiting to set up a new team to be successful from day one, I wouldn't be targeting players from a team that has come in the bottom 4 or 5 teams the last few years.

Dragsters

First Grade
And anyone getting a stiffy over George Burgess coming is in for a very rude awakening, wait until he starts dropping the pill cold coming out of our own end on the regular.
Bunnies supporters called him butterfingers Burgess!!!!

Perhaps, hopefully not.

He is also the bloke who had more tries score off the following play after his hit ups than any other player when they won the comp in '14.

That's the kind of impact I'm hoping for...

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Perhaps, hopefully not.

He is also the bloke who had more tries score off the following play after his hit ups than any other player when they won the comp in '14.

That's the kind of impact I'm hoping for...

Mate, that was 7 years ago. Will be 8 years once the season begins. He's had a hip replacement and no one knows if he'll be right to play. I'm hoping he can firstly play and then maybe get 15-20mins of effectiveness from him.

Puff

First Grade
Lots of talk on here about signing "crap" players such as woods and co, not a massive fan but as a bargain buy for depth we need the size. Interested in who we should be bringing in (or trying to) as there's not a lot available as far as I can see?
Not a lot available NOW. We should have had our recruitment wrapped up and ready to go with quality rather then fishing in the bucket of dross when now find ourselves in.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
He hasn’t had a hip replacement he’s had a hip resurfacing and it’s a massive difference.

Whatever it is, he's had a massive surgery on his hip and no league player has ever had it. 50yo's have hip resurfacing. Even if he comes back & plays without any pain & then is at the same level as 1st grade would be a big massive achievement.

randomdragon

Juniors
Whatever it is, he's had a massive surgery on his hip and no league player has ever had it. 50yo's have hip resurfacing. Even if he comes back & plays without any pain & then is at the same level as 1st grade would be a big massive achievement.
You shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover. He’s already lifting weights of NRL standard and has already started running again.

If Sims is with us for 2022 and we manage to sign Moses Suli from Manly, then our attack will move up another notch and hopefully the fade out towards the end of the season will not continue.

Our problem will again be defense. Suli will need to up his skills in this area and Bird will need to concentrate in this area if he is to be in the run-on side.

My preference early in the season is to test Lomax at fullback with Scott and Suli as our center combination:

First Grade
1. Lomax
2. Ramsey
3. Scott
4. Suli
5. Ravelawa i
6. Amone
7. Hunt
8. Molo
9. Smith
10. Sims
11. Su'A
12. Bird
13. De Belin

14. Sullivan
15. Burgess
16. Lawrie
17. McGuire

Reserve Grade
1. Sloan
2. Matt Feagai
3. Max Feagai
4. Beale🤣6. Mbye
7. Taylor
8. Alvaro
9. McCullough
10. Faamausili
11. Ford
12. Kerr
13. Fuimaono

Players Who Have Left
1. Dufty
2. Pereira
3. Williame
4. Essa Essa
5. Saab
6. Wishart
7. Clune
8. Ellis
9. Brittian
10. Vaughan
11. Burns
12. H Lomax
13. McInnes
I see clearly now that Mary’s gone, No more suffering from that clown.

Sims prop, Lomax f/b Sloan ressies?

I had not heard Billy Burns was leaving. Great we let a promising big bopper prop in Blacker go for him then jettison the new bloke after one year. Great recruitment.

Lawrie in my starting side. New buy Woods off the bench

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
IMO, the Woods and Burgess signings are big risk v return gambles. If they pay-off Hook will look like a cunning old punter. If they don’t he’ll look like a guy who tried to restore and old car with second hand parts and couldn’t get it to kick-over. I hope it’s the former because the latter is going to leave us with a complete junkyard to clear. 22 is looking more and more like a real make or break year.

Mickov

Juniors
IMO, the Woods and Burgess signings are big risk v return gambles. If they pay-off Hook will look like a cunning old punter. If they don’t he’ll look like a guy who tried to restore and old car with second hand parts and couldn’t get it to kick-over. I hope it’s the former because the latter is going to leave us with a complete junkyard to clear. 22 is looking more and more like a real make or break year.
cheap second hand parts, not a lot of cash on the line for these two.

Latest posts