What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons table three-year deal to Moses Suli

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Just putting an alternate view up on Suli, many have commented that he was cut from Manly and Dragons are getting scraps etc. i think you will find Manly are playing Moneyball and have to find cash to keep Tom T, Jake T, Cherry, Shuster & co. they have two serviceable centres in Parker & Morgan on a heap less coin so Suli was a way to bank some cap so released to the Dragons.
Surely he is a better option than Beale, Williame etc and gives us another point of attack apart from Lomax.
Agree, in fact a better option than Manly’s current centres. The fact that our opposition’s defensive line now will have a split focus with Suli, Hunt and i’d argue Armone with his sidestep allows Lomax some room to hopefully have that ‘next step’ year.

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
I am of the same thinking. I would suggest that Suli was on $400-$500k at Manly and that's too much for a centre that is not playing regularly. DCE, Turbo and his brother would be soaking up a third, if not more of their cap, so you can't have players on big coin sitting on the bench or in reserves.

Now whether Suli is worth what we will be paying him and will we get our money's worth is another question.
I can’t find the article but it’s $1.7M over 3yrs so approximately $566k per year. Not sure what Manly are kicking in but it’s probably $400-$450K net per year for us.

If he can add 6-8 extra points a game then it a pretty good deal. We were defensively poor on the left anyway so he might actually improve our defence.

slippery5

Juniors
My early prediction for Hooks preferred spine.
1. Sloan
6. Mbye
7. Hunt
9. McCulloch
14. Bird
Amone and Sullivan Halves in reserve grade and will get the odd game when injuries inevitably hit.
If Amone is not 6 after what he showed in attack in the final rounds this year, I'll give it up.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Agree, in fact a better option than Manly’s current centres. The fact that our opposition’s defensive line now will have a split focus with Suli, Hunt and i’d argue Armone with his sidestep allows Lomax some room to hopefully have that ‘next step’ year.
Not to mention some of our edge runners in Su’a, Burns etc could find a bit more room.

denis preston

First Grade
Know what you are getting at there re Lomax . Not exactly the most elusive centre eh ? !!!

denis preston

First Grade
No not elusive denis, but he's definitely has an element of class about him and it's hard to develop that. Hope we see it more regularly now that he's not the opposition's main (and at times only focus).
Fair enough. Certainly a good player but perhaps not as good as Fittler etc are propping him up. Came in and I guess we expected a Gaznier type but we need to give him time to develop his own style. Clearly already a dream to play outside of.Will only Get better.

blacksafake

First Grade
No not elusive denis, but he's definitely has an element of class about him and it's hard to develop that. Hope we see it more regularly now that he's not the opposition's main (and at times only focus).
If he was playing in a better system & side his development would be well advanced by this stage.
His introduction into the nrl playing in an at times very ordinary side under the previous coach wasn’t ideal for him.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Know what you are getting at there re Lomax . Not exactly the most elusive centre eh ? !!!
For the most part Lomax rarely got the ball in open space. The defence seemed to always be in his face. I don't believe we really saw what he is capable of in 2021. Think of Garrick and Saab's year outside outside of Foran, DCE and Turbo. So for me, Hook and co's 2022 challenge for me is for our spine to create opportunities for our backline. Overall there was little hole running and structured attack. I know I'll be howled down but that means a halves combo of Sullivan and Amone for me.

Latest posts