What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

yy_cheng

Coach
Cant keep them all and marata has never left us down in the past even with his iffy judiciary record because he always puts in and is always at risk with his aggressive style.

So i can live with him leaving and getting a decent paycheck for his family.
But I still wont let him go early unless there is a player swap and money exchanged. I still think next year we would be stronger with him in the squad than without.

In 2023, we will probably be in a small rebuilding phase again with more rookies and cheapies in the team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't really understand the drift of your argument?
Hooker (dummy half) is one of the few positions left on the field that small guys can play (at the elite level). They have been kicked out of 2 positions (wing x2).
If the one position that there is a little advantage to being lower to the ground (dummy half) comes with it you are going to be tackling monsters 60 times per game and getting injured and knocked out every few games parents are going to throw their arms up in resignation.
It is a smart league tactic to target small guys with big guys and try to beat them out of the game.
The whole idea of a dummy half is dumb, as is the need for tackled players to play-the-ball. What's wrong with the tackled player tapping with his foot and passing himself. He can't run, only pass. The markers aren't allowed to touch him and need to remain square until the ball leaves his hands. Personally I'd f**k the markers off altogether. Those merkins should be rushing to get back with the rest of the defensive line. Although maybe that would encourage endless one out running back through the ruck.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Dill Smith gooooooone! A Tit for 2 years.
Doctor Who Reaction GIF

hindy111

Post Whore
Marata is a solid hard running forward. Better then Lane in many ways but not as good in others. He did put perform him this season but going into 2022 it wouldn't be a huge suprise if LANE had the better year. Lane in 2019 was exceptional. His last 2 season have been a little hot and cold but cops a far harder time then he deserves on here.

Avenger

Immortal

Incorrect

Coach
100% he’ll Danny Levi us when we play against him
I'd love to see him get the ball against us on the 5th and last tackle, and we all just stand back, no pressure on him and say, "go on, kick it Merkin, we could a 7 tackle restart or one that goes in to touch on the full!"...

I actually hope he does well and is getting a decent bump in pay. Good luck to him. Just suffered from delusions of grandeur in his own ability. Another bloke that never dogged it, always gave his all....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'd love to see him get the ball against us on the 5th and last tackle, and we all just stand back, no pressure on him and say, "go on, kick it Merkin, we could a 7 tackle restart or one that goes in to touch on the full!"...

I actually hope he does well and is getting a decent bump in pay. Good luck to him. Just suffered from delusions of grandeur in his own ability. Another bloke that never dogged it, always gave his all....
I’d love to see him try and kick it on the 3rd with less than 5 to go when his team is up by 4, it’s the smart play apparently.

Latest posts