What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bandwagon

Staff member
Now remember kiddies, the outlier always proves the rule, the median or the mean are useless concepts statisticians invented to discombobulate the punters and obfuscate reality.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I wouldn't be panicking about next year being last chance saloon just yet.

If what i have learnt after watching league for 21 years is that as long as you keep your salary cap in shape and not paying massive overs you will generally remain competitive.

If you stuff it up like the dogs & tigers it can take at least half a decade to rebuild and get it back to some normality.

We stuffed up in 2010-2016 due to having 2 players on a shit load of money who performed once a month and went AWOL the other 3 weeks. The sandow contract especially was a noose around our neck we couldn't get rid of. Thanks to SK we put all our chips into sandow and failed miserably.

Roosters and storm have their strong core but the rest of squad gets rotated pretty easily and they just bring the next guy up. As long as we do that we should be fine and not head back to those dark days a decade ago.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I’m hearing we have no major signings on the horizon, as I mentioned previously, we will have more than rcg and marata moving on, with not a lot to replace them, it’s next year or never !!! BA re signing looking like a colossal mistake, which most of us knew, other than the knobs in front office!
It’s October 2021, let’s wait until March 2023 to see what the side looks……

T-Boon

Coach
We stuffed up in 2010-2016 due to having 2 players on a shit load of money who performed once a month and went AWOL the other 3 weeks. The sandow contract especially was a noose around our neck we couldn't get rid of. Thanks to SK we put all our chips into sandow and failed miserably.
Yep. Sandow and Hindmarsh. They were on way too much however Hindmarsh did turn up each week but was overall just a workhorse and a bad leader so in "hindsight" I agree he was where we blew it.

hindy111

Post Whore
Penrith have been chipping in, i thought it was for the whole of his contract???? Maybe not.

First 3 yrs then full freight. I bumped into a guy in Penrith who was on the board. He was tipsy and slagging Gould. Reckons it was around the 200k mark.
RCG will hit his used by date soon. I would rather get him off the books once he is costing 750k and 29 turning 30. His form would have to hold up to be worth that. Sure it may but if it doesn't we would be paying huge overs. I've seen his form over career go in ups and downs.

Jnr is a different level. Far harder to replace. He has ball skills that not many have.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
First 3 yrs then full freight. I bumped into a guy in Penrith who was on the board. He was tipsy and slagging Gould. Reckons it was around the 200k mark.
RCG will hit his used by date soon. I would rather get him off the books once he is costing 750k and 29 turning 30. His form would have to hold up to be worth that. Sure it may but if it doesn't we would be paying huge overs. I've seen his form over career go in ups and downs.

Jnr is a different level. Far harder to replace. He has ball skills that not many have.
True, maybe good business on our part so we are not paying full freight?? Don’t get me wrong he’ll be a big loss on what he offered up this season.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah BA why don't you blow the salary cap on 1 player 🤦🏼.

It is possible that the club told RCG that they would not be able to pay him next time what he is on now,so he and the club agreed that 2022 will be his last.
Well that’s what I thought actually.

yy_cheng

Coach
Yeah BA why don't you blow the salary cap on 1 player 🤦🏼.

It is possible that the club told RCG that they would not be able to pay him next time what he is on now,so he and the club agreed that 2022 will be his last.
I thought a player option would mean it is the same salary as the previous year.

I agree that full freight for rcg is way too much. Is he expecting 900k?

King-Gutho94

Coach
True, maybe good business on our part so we are not paying full freight?? Don’t get me wrong he’ll be a big loss on what he offered up this season.
Yeah he will be look at our form when he wasnt there. I reckon he is our JWH in without the cheap shots and grubbiness.

But also front rowers are easily replaceable as there are so many of them there that could do a solid enough job with the next man up mentality.

Gronk

Staff member
I thought a player option would mean it is the same salary as the previous year.

A player at his age would be looking for a 3 year deal.

hindy111

Post Whore
JWH is rare. Most props have 3 or 4yrs at the very top and the rest are spent as good forwards that are easily replaced.

Look at Klemmer, Vaughn,JT as some recent examples. All on over 800k.
Even Josh Papali'i form has nose dived some what.

TheRam

Coach
If Marata leaves us I hope he plays like shit and fails miserably. Except when he plays the Dogs or Storm.

Nothing personal against him...I just hope that for all players that don’t play for Parra.

Agreed. Like how a lot of players don't play well once they leave the Melbourne structure because of all the great coaching that they get.

Hahahaha...

JokerEel

Coach

Probably is the same salary but Penrith won't be propping it up I would assume. Then after that we won't be paying him as much on his next contract.

RCG has just come out and said he isn't about winning a competition now more about the money which is fine but I want players who are in it to win.