What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
One thing I picked up from Joey Grima (high performance pathways) on various TCT podcasts is that players want to come to Parra now. Player managers are offering players to us and we don’t have to pay overs anymore.

So I’m not worried about losing RCG Marata or Sivo or even Dylan. I’m confident we can fill those holes and the days of signing Carl Webb and that Walker dick are long past.

I'd be happy if Sivo goes. Would be on 350k-400k + Cotric is a huge upgrade.
I've never been a big Sivo fan based on his lack of consistency. Its hard to plan for a game when you're not sure what the players output will be. Some runs he just jogs up to the line. If he played a this best each week he is great but I feel you only get one big game a month from him one average and a few lazy ones.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Thinking more about this RCG situation...he is effectively off contract but at the same time knows what we would have paid him I assume. He doesn't seem to have another offer but seems to think he can get more by leaving. Which means that either we weren't paying him as much as everyone thinks, or his manager has convinced him he is worth more on the market. And he might yet stay. I'm finding it odd.

strider

Post Whore
Thinking more about this RCG situation...he is effectively off contract but at the same time knows what we would have paid him I assume. He doesn't seem to have another offer but seems to think he can get more by leaving. Which means that either we weren't paying him as much as everyone thinks, or his manager has convinced him he is worth more on the market. And he might yet stay. I'm finding it odd.
Yeah i would imagine its a sign he isnt on huge coin with us. Must have taken a bit of a cut from panthers $s

One article said he and his partner liked qld the last few months too

Pazza

First Grade

Is it my imagination or i remember Bennett doesn't like paying big bucks for props

TheRam

Coach
Lol pot meet kettle, just because you have hopped on the Huggy train doesn’t mean I have too. And I am fuelled by hatred and disappointment.

I hear ya and I can't blame ya. Mediocrity is a killer and I have yo yoed between your feelings of disgust and haltered for our management and coaching staff for years. Lets hope we get a good run over the next decade or so, but I am never all that optimistic with our Club.

We seem to not really know what a winning club is and I am always expecting failure is only a game or two away. It is a terrible way for a lot of our clubs supporters to feel about their club and the only way for that to ever change is for the Eels to have season on season success and a title or two at least as part of that over a decade or two. Short of that I feel we are like the old North Sydney bears. They just couldn't win a thing, even when they had great teams. Perennial losers after their early and only success way back in 1921-22. From then on they were just making up the numbers no matter what they did.

The Predictor

Juniors
Probably is the same salary but Penrith won't be propping it up I would assume. Then after that we won't be paying him as much on his next contract.

RCG has just come out and said he isn't about winning a competition now more about the money which is fine but I want players who are in it to win.
I guess he has no choice considering his old team won the comp 🤷🏼‍♂️

The Predictor

Juniors
Probably is the same salary but Penrith won't be propping it up I would assume. Then after that we won't be paying him as much on his next contract.

RCG has just come out and said he isn't about winning a competition now more about the money which is fine but I want players who are in it to win.

He’s make the right choice if that’s the case, personally I’m not interested in players who just want to use the club money with no desire to win the comp, “how DUMBER “ that’s not what fans come to matches for, never struck me as the loyal type, c u Regan!!!!

The Predictor

Juniors
He’s make the right choice if that’s the case, personally I’m not interested in players who just want to use the club money with no desire to win the comp, “how DUMBER “ that’s not what fans come to matches for, never struck me as the loyal type, c u Regan!!!!
Fkn spell check 🤮

IFR33K

Coach
We would have about 800k to spend thou based in what they are costing presently. Or if we kept RCG and Marata we would then be 750 + 400k down 1.15mill. Do you think we won't be chasing a few forwards to replace them? We would be able to get one very good prop imo and also a project player. Similar to what Marata was.

Again people are severely over rating Marata imo. Manu Mau and KE where bigger losses and we replaced them no sweat.

I’m not over rating Marata all I’m saying is if we lose both RCG and Marata it’ll be a huge blow. IMO Marata is replaceable but RCG isn’t. Going by form he should of been the first NSW prop selected for origin.

chiefy1

Juniors
I’m not over rating Marata all I’m saying is if we lose both RCG and Marata it’ll be a huge blow. IMO Marata is replaceable but RCG isn’t. Going by form he should of been the first NSW prop selected for origin.
Marata must be rated. Definitely in the top two back rowers @ the club & still on the first 9 career wise. In front of Matto, Lane, and Cartwright. Price wise, Matto would be on 500 at least, so Marata 450 to 500 would be a fair price. If he doesn't stay for 470 & others leave aswell, all the talk of players wanting to stick around to play under Arthur would be considered a load of shiat because no team is going to offer Marata around the 600 mark. That's bs. That's Angus crighton dollars.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Marata must be rated. Definitely in the top two back rowers @ the club & still on the first 9 career wise. In front of Matto, Lane, and Cartwright. Price wise, Matto would be on 500 at least, so Marata 450 to 500 would be a fair price. If he doesn't stay for 470 & others leave aswell, all the talk of players wanting to stick around to play under Arthur would be considered a load of shiat because no team is going to offer Marata around the 600 mark. That's bs. That's Angus crighton dollars.
We would have plenty tied up in forwards already. That limits how much we: A. need to, and B. are able to spend on forward signings and retentions. The prices of individual players is only part of the equation.

We would've been one of the lowest spenders in the spine, especially of the top six teams. We will surely be intending to spend more in our 2023 cap as our spine players mature and improve. The money has to come from somewhere and logic says it will come out of our awesome pack.

tldr: we probably have too much cap space tied up in forwards as it is.

Gazzamatta

Coach
RCG was plan B when Welsh crashed and burned. He was a done deal then nek minit. RCG leaves, turn our attention to Plan A. Maybe its all been planned this way. Welsh is an amazing player on and off the field.

hindy111

Post Whore
Forwards work as a team and our pack together is great.
Throw Marata in a weak side and he will do little.
I like the guy and he gives 100% but he has limited footwork and zero offload. I don't see him busting the line and scoring tries. Far from a top 2nd rower. Our attack is limited based on not having a Manu Mau, a 2nd rower that sides feared when 10mtrs out from the line. Think a backline shift with Kikau there. It puts the defense is two minds without doing anything.

Latest posts