What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Hindy they will want some old hard heads with experience. No point having a young new team, look at the Broncos. He is still at the top of his game and hasn't shown any indication of decline and no major injuries other then facial. I would definitely be signing him at around $750k. Is it a risk, yeah sure all expensive players are a risk though.

Aaron Woods would be a wise old head and cheap. If it was my side I would look at him. I'd go all out for Ponga and B.Smith and build around that.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Welch, Bromwich, Paulo and Wallace are all also off contract at the same time. I'm not arguing how good he is, I love how he plays. Nor am I arguing what the top props are worth. Just saying uncle Wayne might want to put his big bucks elsewhere and Regan might be disappointed by the offer he receives. The Dolphins can't pay everyone massive coin.
RCG for Welch. Make it happen MON ffs.

TheRam

Coach
Aaron Woods would be a wise old head and cheap. If it was my side I would look at him. I'd go all out for Ponga and B.Smith and build around that.

Definitely Ponga and Smith.

B. Smith I think is a distinct possibility. Ponga though would cost upwards of $1.1m and probably more to get from NC. They wouldn't give him up without throwing the kitchen sink at and so far he himself has never given the impression that he wants to leave and has doubled down on wanting to stay there whenever asked about a possible move.

Woods is a complimentary player at this stage of his career. He is not a leader of the pack.

If I were them I would be inquiring with DCE's manager whether Dale would be interested in a $1.2m contract for 2023(yes cut his Manly contract short by a year) and then offer 2 more years at $1m. They will need a quality half no matter who else the sign and him being a QLDer and quality, maybe appealing to both parties.

But they will need a quality playmaker or it doesn't matter who else they sign, they will be shit and not perform consistently well.

I hope the leave their stinking hands off of our young J. Arthur.

No seriously Mitchell Moses will be a massive target for them come 2023.

SneakyEel

Juniors
I'm not worried about RCG leaving. Papali'i can move up front, we won't lose too much and Papali'i has more ball-playing ability. Put Carty or Matto onto the edge and buy a decent prop.

SneakyEel

Juniors
What happened to Herman Ese'ese? Haven't seen him playing at all for the Tits could be a decent addition to the bench.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I feel Gutherson is a higher chance of splitting with the club.

I'd be OK with this assuming we're talking 2023. Guth is on a fair swag of coin.

I think Sean Russell is a bigger stronger and faster version of Gutho, fingers crossed he develops that way. I'd hate to lose him because some one was blocking his progress.

King-Gutho94

Coach
What happened to Herman Ese'ese? Haven't seen him playing at all for the Tits could be a decent addition to the bench.
Not sure he wasn't sighted again after his idiotic brain explosion in magic round when he got sent off in the last game after seeing the crackdown for the whole weekend.

So i think holbrook has marked his cards

yy_cheng

Coach
I'd be OK with this assuming we're talking 2023. Guth is on a fair swag of coin.

I think Sean Russell is a bigger stronger and faster version of Gutho, fingers crossed he develops that way. I'd hate to lose him because some one was blocking his progress.
that's why we shouldn't chase a winger and stick sean on the wing.. just like gutho and get him to practice and practice catching bombs...

In the first few games of gutho for parra, he dropped a fair few bombs