What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

Ash Taylor on minimum wage is damn near a masterstroke given how hard recruitment can be for us at times.
Even if he is reserve half, half with 115 games experience and a chip on his shoulder is top notch.
Agreed. It's a great deal with low risk. Well done Warriors. Turned down other clubs shows me he wants to prove Australia wrong.

Rich102

Staff member
I have long said that Shaun, with a straight nose, goes nowhere near the line.

Reactions: JJ

waipiro

Juniors
Ash Taylor on minimum wage is damn near a masterstroke given how hard recruitment can be for us at times.
Even if he is reserve half, half with 115 games experience and a chip on his shoulder is top notch.
I do think that recruitment has done a great job with these types of deals like Taylor and Lodge. We are paying unders (for a change) and whether they fulfil the potential here or not they are upgrades on who they are replacing so worth a punt. Really good cap management IMO

JJ

Immortal
I do think that recruitment has done a great job with these types of deals like Taylor and Lodge. We are paying unders (for a change) and whether they fulfil the potential here or not they are upgrades on who they are replacing so worth a punt. Really good cap management IMO
Lodge can play, but I’d prefer we stayed away

LeagueNut

First Grade
From that Stuff article: Taylor wanted to stay in South East Queensland for family reasons and the Warriors have found themselves based there in 2022 because of trans-Tasman border issues, as well as in need of a five-eighth. The chances of Taylor remaining with the Warriors beyond 2022 would seem remote.

Something about that doesn't sit right with me. If it turns out to be a great deal then he'll play a whole chunk of 2022, at the expense of others, then bugger off and leave us in exactly the same position again.

Reactions: JJ

Tongue

Juniors
From that Stuff article: Taylor wanted to stay in South East Queensland for family reasons and the Warriors have found themselves based there in 2022 because of trans-Tasman border issues, as well as in need of a five-eighth. The chances of Taylor remaining with the Warriors beyond 2022 would seem remote.

Something about that doesn't sit right with me. If it turns out to be a great deal then he'll play a whole chunk of 2022, at the expense of others, then bugger off and leave us in exactly the same position again.
Warriors probably wanted 2-3 years, but Taylor probably only wanted 1 year. Hence low ball offer by Warriors for the 1 year.

Sanchez

Coach

I dont mind it. If he plays his ass off for a new contract with a Queensland side and we make top 4 from it i think theres no losers in that scenario

Rich102

Staff member
Elsewhere, Warriors winger David Fusitu’a is set to make a big call on his future.

According to a report from the NZ Herald, Fusitu’a has interest from both Super League clubs and rival NRL teams.

This is despite Fusitu’a, who is the club’s current longest-serving player, having two years remaining on his current contract.

The Herald reports that Fusitu’a has two offers on the table from Super League clubs while just as many NRL sides are also showing interest.

Fusitu’a established himself as one of the league’s best wingers between 2016 and 2018, scoring 46 tries in that period.

In the past two years he has managed just 12 games and may look for a fresh start in a bid to revitalise his career.

Fusitu’a has played 108 games for the Warriors since debuting in the NRL in 2014.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Not sure where to put this so will lob here

Johnson confirmed he was 95% done with the Dogs, already talking to Burton etc, when Gould got involved to get him back. Funny how that worked out with gus then ending up at the Dogs

Cleary also has said he wanted to come back to the Warriors, but they went with Kearney instead

Tongue

Juniors
Not sure where to put this so will lob here

Johnson confirmed he was 95% done with the Dogs, already talking to Burton etc, when Gould got involved to get him back. Funny how that worked out with gus then ending up at the Dogs

Cleary also has said he wanted to come back to the Warriors, but they went with Kearney instead
Cleary would still be without a premiership if he had returned.

Rich102

Staff member
gen_204
The interesting part for me was that Johnson wasn't interested in coming back till Gould got involved. Wouldn't sign for Robinson or George.
I reckon we will lose a fair bit of our attraction with Gould gone.
pixel

register

l

JJ

Immortal
The snowflake that is Fusitua. All goods to take the moolah and play homesick. The UK can have the clint
Harsh... lol

I have no idea what has been happening for him, but like you it seems strange that moving to the UK would help...

Latest posts