What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

Dragsters

First Grade
As we stand, we let 10 players go and we have replaced them with 10 players (8 recruited, 2 promoted). Recruiting 8 players (not saying anything about whether they are good, bad or whatever) before Nov1 is in itself a good effort.

Of the 8 players recruited, I found this interesting, especially for those molding team lists. This is the number of times each player has started in a position.

Jack Gosiewski:
Edge forward - 17
Prop - 1
Bench - 34

Aaron Woods:
Prop - 189
Edge forward - 1
Lock - 1
Bench - 42

Tautau Moga:
Wing - 11
Centre - 61
Bench - 2

Moses Mbye:
Fullback - 39
Centre - 28
5/8 - 23
Half back - 51
Hooker - 6
Bench 10

Moses Suli:
Wing - 10
Centre - 65
Bench - 4

Jaydn Sua:
Centre - 1
Edge forward - 61
Bench - 21

George Burgess:
Prop - 91
Bench - 58

Francis Molo:
Prop - 20
Lock - 1
Bench - 55

It appears Molo, Burgess, Sua, Gosiewski and to a lesser extent Woods, are no strangers to starting from the bench.

Very interesting.

That stat in itself allows Hook the luxury of promoting/demoting players to the starting lineup based on effort and form, without fear of failure to execute in either role...

Illusion

Bench
Moga has barely played for a couple of years due to injury so I’d think he’d need to start off in NSW Cup.
Boy do we like buying injured players that have been out for long periods ..... I suppose if they come back as Bird did this year , we have bargain players ......

Maddragon99

Juniors
Fit and healthy they would present a hectic challenge to the opposition. Add Suli and Lomax in form it would be a very impressive backline... if.
I think Ramsey will get the start outside Suli, for the first time he might get some decent ball with some running room. Wingers will be leaving him unmarked while they come in to help with Suli. 6 tries in 2021 is subpar for a winger but I attribute that to lack of opportunity.

denis preston

First Grade
I think Ramsey will get the start outside Suli, for the first time he might get some decent ball with some running room. Wingers will be leaving him unmarked while they come in to help with Suli. 6 tries in 2021 is subpar for a winger but I attribute that to lack of opportunity.
A very big offseason for the 3 amigos and Ramsey. All need to put on some muscle and kilos, particularly Ramsey.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Boy do we like buying injured players that have been out for long periods ..... I suppose if they come back as Bird did this year , we have bargain players ......
Yes that’s true, the only games Bird missed were through suspension which says a lot about our medical staff. But Bird’s speed & mobility were obviously lacking which is why many on here have him playing second row. Big year for Jack in ‘22 he’s out of contract so I’m expecting him to have a really big year.

be55

Juniors
There was apparently an article in the Telegraph today about the impression that McInness has made on the people at Cronulla and the fact that he has added 6kg of lean muscle to his frame in preparation for his move to the back row next year...

I'm betting it won't take long next year, for people to be reminded of the quality of player that we lost when he signed with Cronulla, and he'll do for them what he did for us, slot straight into a leadership role in their pack, continually lead their line speed in defence and will be one of their best each week...

It's gunna hurt not seeing him in red and white and it will be especially hard watching him playing for them...

We will all be reminded very quickly of the quality of player we lost when he left.

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
There was apparently an article in the Telegraph today about the impression that McInness has made on the people at Cronulla and the fact that he has added 6kg of lean muscle to his frame in preparation for his move to the back row next year...

I'm betting it won't take long next year, for people to be reminded of the quality of player that we lost when he signed with Cronulla, and he'll do for them what he did for us, slot straight into a leadership role in their pack, continually lead their line speed in defence and will be one of their best each week...

It's gunna hurt not seeing him in red and white and it will be especially hard watching him playing for them...

We will all be reminded very quickly of the quality of player we lost we he left.
I didn’t enjoy watching Frizzle play for Newcastle either. We can only assume there’s a succession plan in place for dummy half I just wish we knew what it is!

Como Connection

First Grade

We will all be reminded very quickly of the quality of player we lost when he left.
His love for Mary is the reason, so i don't care.
CC

Crush

Coach

Sharks top 4 next year for sure, get on them $6.

Gareth67

First Grade

May very well be Maddy , big Suli busting through opponents defense will need a speedster to off-load to .

May Griffin have the clarity of mind to have the Dragon’s quick youngsters to be told this over the off-season .