What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show...

Lambretta

First Grade
I think the last time I watched the Footy Show was when I lived in Bellevue Hill, so that was around 1998
It was f**king awful then

The fact it's lasted until now is a testament to the depths of garbage some Australians will accept

As a football show it was almost as poor as the beer selection at Easts Leagues on the weekend
But nothing, absolutely nothing can be that bad.

mozza91

Coach
Don’t know what everyone is on about. The Footy Show in the early 2000’s was f**king good.

It’s been crap for more than 10 years though. Surprised it lasted this long.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Just like Hey Hey it’s Saturday, the FS will be back, rest assured. It might be in 10 years time it might be in 15 years but it will return. If that ever happens, like I’ve done for the last 20 years, I won’t be watching.

But imagine seeing that Vautin head wobble when he’s 70. Shudder.

davi

Juniors
Apparently the NRL wants Nine to bring the Thursday Footy Show back..... or atleast some kind of NRL midweek show. My answer is a big NO!

My fears are they will bring it back and Nine will then say 'we can't have two Footy shows on the weekdays' and will axe 100% Footy instead.

There is reportedly a sticking point in the final negotiations with the NRL and Nine haggling over the return of a midweek footy show.

The Daily Telegraph reported Monday the NRL wants the league to add a midweek show on top of the 100% Footy show screened on Monday nights.

The return of a midweek footy show comes after years of watching the NRL’s Footy Show die a slow death following the departure of veteran host Paul Vautin.

Last Week

Bench
Yeah, another mid week show isn't really needed. 100% Footy is mostly good.

I think we can go 2 days a week currently without any NRL content on FTA.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I don’t think the NRL is asking specifically for The Footy Show, just something on Wednesday night. With Sterlo gone from CH9, it might be good timing to begin a new-look rugby league show anyway. The Footy Show was great in the 90s & early 2000s, but it’s time for new talent & ideas.

Last Week

Bench
I don’t think the NRL is asking specifically for The Footy Show, just something on Wednesday night. With Sterlo gone from CH9, it might be good timing to begin a new-look rugby league show anyway. The Footy Show was great in the 90s & early 2000s, but it’s time for new talent & ideas.
Absolutely.

100% Footy is fine except for Gould's bias dribble.

If they're insistent on more content, just do a similar show but change up one or two of the panel members 3 throughout the week. NRL360s formula works mostly.

davi

Juniors

I know Matty Johns declined returning to the Footy Show unless the whole name was gone. And started a fresh. Channel Nine said its a brand and it should stay. I think it was reported Johns requested creative control although I think Johns disputes this. But he had just come off his own Channel 7 show flopping so he didn't exactly have a lot of leverage.

I read an earlier comment that it went downhill when Chief left. Nah, it was stinking it up even then. It turned from part time Footy show to complete variety show. And viewers started to decide they had enough and were switching off.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Be good to have a proper rugby league show on a weds or thurs reviewing previous weeks action and news and looking forward to the round ahead.

davi

Juniors
Interestingly the old Footy show episode of John Ribot and Ray Hadley clashing during the Super League war has been uploaded. For anyone who is interested......

Latest posts