What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone May

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Found a website that explains the lyrics of Drakes "Fair Trade", the song that May quotes and I can not see how it is offensive to anyone.
Essentially Drake sings of the trades of lost friends and hostility from some to his success and is happy that is a fair trade.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Found a website that explains the lyrics of Drakes "Fair Trade", the song that May quotes and I can not see how it is offensive to anyone.
Essentially Drake sings of the trades of lost friends and hostility from some to his success and is happy that is a fair trade.
He put the photo up of him, and Ivan, after his court appearance. Why are people finding that hard to understand?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

So in reality by May using the Drake lyrics he's talking about his journey and how far it's been.

Just as I thought.

Some folks and of course the media attempting to be outraged by someone else's journey.

It's May's journey, not yours or mine.

As far as I'm concerned he's more than entitled to talk about his own personal journey especially after reaching the heights of getting a premiership ring.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Well said. This is exactly as I see it.

I show the instagram photos and writing was easy to intrepret when looked at logically.

What has sadly happened, some outrage merchants and media (who go looking for snakes under every rock) decided it was disrespectful towards the victim of the sex tape. Of course the outrage merchants whip folks up into a frenzy to the situation where we are now.

In my mind it was anything but that.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I have, you may have missed it. That event happened two years ago, and his victim is still healing, no doubt. Why did May felt the need to rehash painful memories, is beyond me. He should have left sleeping dogs lie.

So May is not allowed to talk about his own personal journey ?

DinkyDi

Juniors
He put up that photo to show where the bottom of the journey was.

The lowest point.

Nothing sinster.

Just talking about his own personal journey and last time I looked is not against the law.....criminal, moral or ethical.
In your view. Now I am done with this.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I have, you may have missed it. That event happened two years ago, and his victim is still healing, no doubt. Why did May felt the need to rehash painful memories, is beyond me. He should have left sleeping dogs lie.
It was the picture used by the media. Itā€™s not his personal picture. Itā€™s the picture they used when he was handed down his sentence.

He is that was him at his worst and now heā€™s worked really hard to try and be a better human, despite everyone continually running him down, he feels like he is a much better person from that moment in time.

He hasnā€™t included the victim at all.

DinkyDi

Juniors
It was the picture used by the media. Itā€™s not his personal picture. Itā€™s the picture they used when he was handed down his sentence.

He is that was him at his worst and now heā€™s worked really hard to try and be a better human, despite everyone continually running him down, he feels like he is a much better person from that moment in time.

It is without doubt, that his contract is in doubt. This topic is tedious. You have your views, and I have mine. Time to let this rest.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It is without doubt, that his contract is in doubt. This topic is tedious. You have your views, and I have mine. Time to let this rest.

In my opinion he's new contract should NOT be in doubt.

Why should it rest.

Especially when a person's livelyhood at stake. May's ability to earn a living.

DinkyDi

Juniors
In my opinion he's new contract should NOT be in doubt.

Why should it rest.

Especially when a person's livelyhood at stake. May's ability to earn a living.
Well Tyrone should have thought about that two years ago. He should not have taken the photo, I could be wrong, as it may not have been him, and shared it.

Also, I believe, that Tyrone Philips and Liam Coleman, were named, and had their contracts torn up. They have now returned to everyday jobs.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The sex tape happened over 2 years ago. The judical sentence was passed.

May did the wrong thing. He was punished.

This is about May being 'allowed' to express his journey from the depths of the court case to winning a premiership ring.

Nothing else.

The outrage merchants like yourself keep taking it back to the victim. Not May.

Black Diamond

Juniors

Yes this is so true.

His team had just won a grand final, it was probably the highest point of his life. The other photo was at his lowest. To get to that point he had to rise from the dirt that had been thrown at him. It is about him, at his lowest point growing to a point in his life he feels he has achieved something.

Latest posts