What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

Game_Breaker

Coach
I'm not trans so nothing in it offended me personally, but I have no issue with trans people being offended by it. Dave is in no danger of being cancelled, and this special earned him big bucks.

What is offensive about it though?

Game_Breaker

Coach
Why are you asking me after quoting where I said nothing offended me personally. Clearly some trans and LGBTQ … people are finding it offensive, so they’d be the ones to ask.

I've asked
No one seems to offer specifics about what's so offensive that he needs to be cancelled over. He took the piss out of them sure, but so offensive that he needs to be cancelled?

Matua

Bench
I've asked
No one seems to offer specifics about what's so offensive that he needs to be cancelled over. He took the piss out of them sure, but so offensive that he needs to be cancelled?
Again, why keep asking me? I only found his special to be not very good and nowhere near his usual standards. But there clearly are trans people who are offended (and some of them probably don't want him cancelled and he's not being cancelled anyway).

Dogs Of War

Coach
I couldn't get into Alice in Borderland which made me put off Squid Game for a while as I thought it would be similar... Enjoyed Squid Game a lot more. Powerful stuff...

Ok did Alice in Borderland. Poor mans squid game. No real character development, not terrible by any means. But intended audience is young adult. Something you will note with the age of the characters on screen.

I then watched cause I was in the mood for more Squid Game stuff, and watched As the gods will. If you like Alice in Borderland crossed with a bit of Taika Watiki craziness. So off the wall that movie.

mongoose

Coach
This article might help with a bit of the understanding.

I can see where this article is coming from but also I can see Chappelles point... society is completely bending over backwards for a very very small minority of people (mostly white and from middle class backgrounds) that may or may not just have a mental disorder...

PJ

First Grade
Untold Crimes and Penalties. It isn't just about about Ice Hockey, great characters and an interesting story. If you like Sopranos or Ice Hockey you should enjoy this, and if you like neither you probably will as well.

Matua

Bench
I can see where this article is coming from but also I can see Chappelles point... society is completely bending over backwards for a very very small minority of people (mostly white and from middle class backgrounds) that may or may not just have a mental disorder...
How is society completely bending over backwards? Aside from "celebrities" like Jenner and the Wachowskis the most I ever hear about trans people is before, during, and after a Chappelle special.

Furthermore, if you think they have a "mental disorder" then surely the furore caused by this latest special is hardly going to be helpful to Trans people.

Mark B

Juniors
Untold Crimes and Penalties. It isn't just about about Ice Hockey, great characters and an interesting story. If you like Sopranos or Ice Hockey you should enjoy this, and if you like neither you probably will as well.
Great episode. The whole series is pretty good. The Arizona State Basketball point shaving scandal was also a classy production. Greed is good.

roofromoz

First Grade
Not a new show, but started watching Superstore. Nearly finished season 2, very easy to binge on.

mongoose

Coach
Binge watched the new Narcos season. Mainly focuses on Amado and the emergence of El Chapo .. I'm a big fan of Narcos but this season was a bit meh, just didn't deliver like previous ones....

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Watching a show called Barbarians.
Very good so far, 3 episodes in.
I think it's only 1 season with only 6 episodes so I'll be done by the weekend.

I love shows like this, Sparatacus, Last Kingdom, Vikings etc

PJ

First Grade
Dolemite is My Name. 8. Tool a while to catch up but glad I did. If it is your sense of humour wheelhouse it is very funny and based on a true story

Vic Mackey

Referee
@soc123_au
I think the way she was handled after they realised she hadn't done anything wrong was a bit lazy from the writers. Gabi could have been at least a little bit compassionate as to what she just went through. I picked what was going to happen as Doron was driving to the safe house, still found it very tense right up until the end though. Apart from the lazy writing I already mentioned the last couple of ep's were pretty damn good. Season 3 is tense as f**k in parts too.

I really liked S3 and the slight style change they made.

.It looked like it would be another hunt down the "guy" season but they flipped that on it's head killing the guy they were hunting for early.

I was kind of annoyed that they didn't end with the rescue, but they decided to go with a holy f**k ending instead.

Apparently there's going to be a S4 at some stage so I'm looking forward to that.

I’ve halfway through S3 of Fauda now and enjoying it more then S2. I agree it’s a bit of a different formula and shows how events can turn individuals who had no interest in conflict into ‘terroists.’ Bashar and his Dad are very good characters.

PJ

First Grade
Harder they Fall 6.5. Could have been so much better, had some real good stuff, but tried to be too clever (stuff like White Town and the stupid subtitle for it)

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Watching a show called Barbarians.
Very good so far, 3 episodes in.
I think it's only 1 season with only 6 episodes so I'll be done by the weekend.

I love shows like this, Spartacus, Last Kingdom, Vikings etc

After finishing the season, I can confirm Barbarians is a good show. It's not an English one, but voiced over...if you can accept that, then you should enjoy it.

6 Episodes I felt was quite good too, it didn't feel like too much to take on, but it did leave me wanting more.
Season 2 has been confirmed, hopefully out next year

Latest posts