What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

84 Baby

Referee
Every private Chinese held company in China is "basically a government dept" , depending on how loose you wanna be with the interpretation. But land isn't their problem, they already have plenty, as you undoubtedly know empty buildings are.

What's the easiest way for a property developer to go broke? Not sell the buildings they build.

Taiwan aint gonna fix a heap of empty buildings in China, no more than is bondholders doing their coin.

On a side note I just love how we've built a system where certain folks get to invest and as soon as it looks like they'll do their coin, it's panic stations.

It's as if for those merkins investment is always supposed to be a sure f**king thing, and when it's not, some merkin better stump up the coin or all hell's gonna break loose.
Even more so than others, real estate in China is CCP controlled.

The cheap land analogy wasn’t good but I was more intimating that China will use economic downturn as a precursor to expansionist plans.

It’s absolutely zero surprise that BlackRock are one of the investors in “panic stations”. Definitely a no lose situation for them.

Gronk

Staff member
When the PMO tells Murdoch that they need to finally have a climate policy, Murdoch goes into damage control so as not to lose the rusted on conservatives that they have been curating for decades.

Gronk

Staff member
What's the bet that Shifty's aim is to gas light all and sundry at Glasgow, get re-elected and then drop the climate change sea anchor ?

Bandwagon

Staff member
With the unknowns around covid and opening up, that date would surprise me, although it's very possible they'll believe that the worst of it will be still in front of us at that date and the distraction of xmas will lead to folks being less critical.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I wouldn't say that I'll leave the country if LNP are elected again but I'll certainly be very disappointed. We might as well become Texas if they stay another term.

Gronk

Staff member
Being grilled at the ICAC must be a terrorising experience. You never know what evidence they have up their sleeve. This internal memo to Premier Baird is a gem.

Gronk

Staff member
Decades of gaslighting has meant that the ship will take a while to turn around.

Remember when Abbott addressed the G20 as host nation in 2014 and boasted axing the carbon tax and Presidents and Prime Ministers were like ...

Meme Wtf GIF

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
@hineyrulz !!!!!! Antonio Guterres is on board. You are fighting a losing battle 🤣 The merkin isn't even bald.

"As world leaders prepare for COP26, this report is another thundering wake-up call. How many do we need?...Scientists are clear on the facts. Now leaders need to be just as clear in their actions. They need to come to Glasgow with bold, time-bound, front-loaded plans to reach net-zero", added Guterres.

Gronk

Staff member
Gladys threw some change she found at the bottom of her handbag at the Wagga Wagga shooting range and lost her job.

Meanwhile in Canberra ...

Cloeel

Juniors
Gladys threw some change she found at the bottom of her handbag at the Wagga Wagga shooting range and lost her job.

Meanwhile in Canberra ...

Think it is more the issue of failing due process.

From my understanding Gladys paid out money even though the Business case failed.

Latest posts