What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 wooden spooners

mongoose

Coach
Cowboys, Tigers, Dragons or Warriors

Bulldogs have probably bought themselves off the bottom. Broncos should improve with Reynolds but if he goes down injured they are definitely in with a chance.

I'm going to go Tigers

nick87

Coach
I think the Tigers and Cowboys are good shouts

I've got my eye on the roosters though. Smokey imo.

Someone2

Juniors
Only thing that might save the tigers from getting it is their new assistant coach Nathan Cayless ( the next Craig bellamy)

Bazal

Post Whore
Probably Tigers or Dragons based on recruitment, but I agree Newcastle wouldn't shock me (if Pearce leaves). I think they're still a bit stronger than bottom 4 but an injury to one or two forwards or the hit and miss bloke at the back and they could be in trouble.

Cowboys are in the mix too - for their sake I just hope they stick with Payten for a bit regardless. He's still struggling with the absolute disaster Paul Green left behind. His recruitment hasn't been great but as an Eels fan I understand exactly the issues with a club in the mess they're in. You almost have to take who you can get until things pick up

Munky

Coach
Cowboys are in the mix too - for their sake I just hope they stick with Payten for a bit regardless. He's still struggling with the absolute disaster Paul Green left behind. His recruitment hasn't been great but as an Eels fan I understand exactly the issues with a club in the mess they're in. You almost have to take who you can get until things pick up

Payten is a weird one. PENRITH had a similar issue in the post Elliot years, we signed a bunch of average plodders who were highly experienced to give the young blokes time rather than rush them (one of those plodders is now responsible for one of the best defensive structures seen at NRL level though).

I agree with the sentiment that Payten needs time but the Chad signing does my head in. Three years on big money for a player barely first grade standard.

MugaB

Coach
Payten is a weird one. PENRITH had a similar issue in the post Elliot years, we signed a bunch of average plodders who were highly experienced to give the young blokes time rather than rush them (one of those plodders is now responsible for one of the best defensive structures seen at NRL level though).

I agree with the sentiment that Payten needs time but the Chad signing does my head in. Three years on big money for a player barely first grade standard.
Hehe that plodder will end up being our 1st grade coach on a few years... some folk are just suited to coaching and are great plods on field

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
It'll be a criple fight between Saints, Cows & Tigers. I reckon Bulldogs will still be down the bottom of the ladder, Barrett is a terrible coach. The major smokey is Canberra.

Latest posts