What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So you agree with the criticism of MON, thats certainly at the top of the issues. You can’t run a footy club with degrees and appointments at the NRL, it’s more personal and cut throat.Didn’t have that experience prior to being hired.
LOL!! MON the Scapegoat!!!!

It's f**king everyone at the club, from our whinging chairman who sooks to the press, to our dopey MIA CEO who writes emails instead of doing anything meaningful, the retention committee and of course our chase the collision coach who since being re-signed has lost more players than we've kept.

Who hires MON??? Who was happy to go with this strategic retention policy??? You can just blame him, who decided that lowballing our players was a good idea???

emjaycee

Coach
Honestly as a neutral I find Mahoney fairly over rated. When you get those small guys who arent overly talented but put 100% in every game fans love it and see them through rose coloured glasses. I said it during the year but he's Parramatta's Alan Tongue, he's ok but I don't think its the wrist slitting that s ome of you are making out. I mean you got within a goal of beating the Premiers without him.
I am not pissed about where it leaves us in 2023 in regard to our hooker stocks and I have no problem with the club not matching the Dogs offer. My disappointment stems from the fact that we invested in Reed when the Dogs didn't want him and i honestly thought he would repay that faith.

lucablight

First Grade
Before we execute O’Neill I’ve just been informed that the offer was well north of $700k. No chance I’d be giving the little cauliflower eared bastard that much coin.

Chammas reporting Bulldogs offered 650k over 4 years as opposed to. 550k over 3 years by the Eels. I don’t see the Bulldogs offer as unreasonable at all for a spine player who is only 23.

Chipmunk

Coach
I am not pissed about where it leaves us in 2023 in regard to our hooker stocks and I have no problem with the club not matching the Dogs offer. My disappointment stems from the fact that we invested in Reed when the Dogs didn't want him and i honestly thought he would repay that faith.

Would you stay with your current employer for $100k less per year?

T-Boon

Coach
Are you a member of Reed Mahoney Rugby League Football Club,or the Parramatta Eels Rugby League Football Club?

The biggest disgrace in all this, imo, is that the NRL allows negotiations, and signings, for 2023 to happen now - it's a joke.
Broadly agree on both points.
The problem with the first point is it is very difficult at times to pinpoint exactly what it is about the club one supports. I actually hate more things about the club than I like. I like the badge and the old legends that were one club players. I hate the jerseys/advertisement billboards. The players are just lumps of flesh. From now on I am going to refer to them by their jersey number rather than their name. I think the club should promote the old legends more.

gaffer

Juniors
queenslander

The Rosco

Bench
As for “merkin”, over at wt lu we use the term generally as to describe someone as an “ idiot” although often in a humorous vein depending on context and sometimes as abuse

“ Shut up @The Rosco you merkin”

Would be someone telling Rozzes that his point was not agreed to. But no disrespect intended. In fact, it’s a light and friendly comment, endearing, warm and welcoming.

Rozzes replies: “ F…you dickhead” and it’s a signal for a meaningful and happy discussion based on mutual respect.

“Ivan Cleary is a merkin”

Means that the user thinks that Ivan Cleary is a scumbag of the highest order. A lying two faced greedy rat. Not to be trusted. A bad kind of a human being. A selfish self flagellating flip. An idiot son obsessed bonehead sprog of Satan. That’s not true of course and is an honest opinion some may hold. Not me that’s for sure.

So it’s all context.
Oi !!! Leave The Rosco out of it.
Merkins, well I don't know what you'd need one for , but merkins . . . they are useful.
One of my favourite things.
I feel a sense of pride to have developed a version of merkin that has been added to the auto-correct.

gaffer

Juniors
maybe they know he's shoulder is stuffed as well as the head knocks So let him do tackle practice on marata till he crawls off to the scumdogs

T-Boon

Coach
It is weird to have a player for next year than will be with a rival the following year. Are the dogs likely to be in contact with him throughout 2022? Is there a rule against that? What do we do with him for next season?

Chipmunk

Coach
It is weird to have a player for next year than will be with a rival the following year. Are the dogs likely to be in contact with him throughout 2022? Is there a rule against that? What do we do with him for next season?
Well he is not going to be the only one. At a minimum Marata and Papali'í are in the same boat.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This would be a possibly reasonable excuse if we hadn’t lost Ferguson, Niukore and Papali’i.
No it wouldn't ffs. Just because we lost one player to overs doesn't mean we should pay overs to others. We decide the players' price to us. If weaker clubs decide the player is more valuable to them we let the player go and replace him with the next prospect. Don't forget we made all these players (Niukore, Papali'i, Mahoney) who they are, not the other way around.

Latest posts