What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

myrrh ken

First Grade
that's pretty serious freight!
That's 25% of his f**king money, friend hahaha

I bet he ends up back at the Raiders with the Dogs chipping in 200k or more... and i'll f**king howl laughing about it
Cutting their losses I guess. He's average.

Someone2

Juniors
Since been no offical word . I still got a feeling Mahoney will re-sign with Eels and leave egg on the dogs face

soc123_au

Staff member
Mahoney to small and injury prone couple more head knocks and he is done . Eels offered him too much at 450K

i knew this was coming cause my mate sent me a pic the other day of Api korisau in Eels shirt. he is 10 times the player Mahoney is and can’t wait for it tk be offical,y announced
Sounded legit until you mentioned you had a mate. If you had of just said someone you know I'd be worried.

Going by your next post it sounds like your blow up doll needs a soak in Dettol. Although catching an STD from your own sex toy would be an achievement, so you do you.

davi

Juniors

The Wests Tigers have suffered another massive recruitment blow, losing outstanding second-rower Luciano Leilua to the North Queensland Cowboys.

The giant edge forward has also asked for a release from the final year of his contract in 2022 to join the Cowboys in the new year.

Shattered Wests Tigers officials are planning to issue a press release on Thursday morning.

The Cowboys have used the money they saved after missing out on barnstorming Penrith Panthers forward Viliame Kikau to sign Leilua on a three-year deal.

The Daily Telegraph understands he will be paid $700,000 a season.

It is known Leilua and his manager, Mario Tartak, have been disappointed with negotiations at the Wests Tigers for the last couple of months.

Little progress has been made since they began talks in August.

The signing of Isaah Papili'i from the Parramatta Eels last week on more than $600,000-a-year was the catalyst for Leilua to look elsewhere.

He felt undervalued.

The Leilua camp insists coach Michael Maguire is not the problem despite the coach’s well publicised falling out with his brother Joey.

It has more to do with the fact Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe has not once spoken to Tartak about the negotiations since August.

I've read though that the Tigers are not granting a release. They haven't been able to agree with the Cowboys on a swap.

davi

Juniors
Ricky really has no f**king idea what’s he’s doing. Signing Cotric will make zero difference to clubs ladder position plus his shoulder is f**ked and expected to miss the whole preseason. Canberra should have been on the phone with Luc the minute Papali’i signed.

I actually think this is harsh. Nick Cotric played well for Canberra, it's probably in the best interests of both parties to reunite again like Justin Hodges with the Broncos. If Canberra can get him with the Bulldogs chipping in they should take it.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Since been no offical word . I still got a feeling Mahoney will re-sign with Eels and leave egg on the dogs face
Lol….and I’ve got a feeling you’re f**king clueless. Btw Brailey has agreed to terms with the Sharks for 3 more too. Get ready to have to pay massive overs to keep Paulo.

BadnMean

Juniors
I actually think this is harsh. Nick Cotric played well for Canberra, it's probably in the best interests of both parties to reunite again like Justin Hodges with the Broncos. If Canberra can get him with the Bulldogs chipping in they should take it.

I agree.

If we can swap Simonsen (Eels) for Cotric, paying him less than we offered for 2020 (I think we went to about 500k before Dogs topped that at 600+), then that's a very good roster move.

Cotrics worst season as a winger is statistically as better than Simo's best season (even being generous & including the 2 decent games he had as FB too). And his ceiling is rep level.

He's got 100 FG games at 23, will be handy to have around if 2023 we no longer have Rapa & Croker in the back 5, it leaves Savage, Timoko & HSS who all combined barely have a complete season of FG experience.

84 Baby

Referee
If Canberra can get him with the Bulldogs chipping in they should take it.
Na every club should do the league a favour and show Gus to be the fraud he is. If they don’t shed contracts by 2023, they won’t be playing for points.
Of course some deal will be made by some coward club (probably mine) but f**k it’d be hilarious

Na every club should do the league a favour and show Gus to be the fraud he is. If they don’t shed contracts by 2023, they won’t be playing for points.
Of course some deal will be made by some coward club (probably mine) but f**k it’d be hilarious
Maybe they could use it as an excuse to punt the Bulldogs from the competition and bring in the Pirates and then the Firehawks over a five year period?

Reactions: Ck9

shear_joy9

Coach
wingers grow on trees. I like Cotric and think he was a fantastic player for Canberra but paying $500k+ for him now after a disastrous season when the squad has much bigger holes is silly.

davi

Juniors
Anyone want a reason to hate the Roosters again? Here is one Brandon Smith has indicated he will be signing with the Roosters.

Seriously, though Smith gets to win and play hooker so I can see what he signed there. I still think signing with the Titans would have been more interesting. And help build a sides a premiership where they have no legacy. Smith signing with the Roosters is somewhat an easy way out. James Tedesco has been terrific at the Roosters but there was still an element of ring chasing when he signed there.

Smith has indicated also he felt the Dolphins were using his name to talk themselves up. Rather then Roosters who kept there discussions with him private it was reported.

Anyone want a reason to hate the Roosters again? Here is one Brandon Smith has indicated he will be signing with the Roosters.

Seriously, though Smith gets to win and play hooker so I can see what he signed there. I still think signing with the Titans would have been more interesting. And help build a sides a premiership where they have no legacy. Smith signing with the Roosters is somewhat an easy way out. James Tedesco has been terrific at the Roosters but there was still an element of ring chasing when he signed there.

Smith has indicated also he felt the Dolphins were using his name to talk themselves up. Rather then Roosters who kept there discussions with him private it was reported.

I suggest you go listen to what Smith has said about the Roosters and what they talked to him about (he spoke to a podcast about it and it was shown on Fox Sports News). Has more to do with than just ring chasing.

Last edited: