What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Ramsey

thebigredv

First Grade
I honestly don't understand all the negativity about Ramsey.

When both Gasnier & Creagh debuted they were both scrawny kids learning the ropes on the wing. Ben had an absolute shocker against the Knights at Kogarah. They both turned out OK.

A little bit of patience is needed

He will get his chance again. There's definitely something there which we saw on debut but the negativity stems from a less than impressive showing in 2021. All our backs suffered at the hands of a disappointing forward pack. Unlike Sloane and Amone, he wasn't able to generate a whole lot in attack and this was exacerbated by his slight frame. Put him in the Manly team and he would have probably scored 20+ tries. Feagaii a little more solid for mine although less in X factor. I have a feeling the coach will promote Ramsay again though.

saints4ever

First Grade
No negativity here. I still like him.
His strengths outweigh his weaknesses, and the latter are being worked on.
Namely size and strength. And confidence under the high ball.

My point is that all of these things can be attributed to wing play.

Tyrell and Codey on the same field gives us very good speed. Like it or not TS has to be the fullback, Corey 2 or 1st choice back up for fullback

Dragsters

First Grade
FWIW, There was a story on 9 news about Mbye the other night and they showed some attacking drills.

Cody was in the line and to me he looks like he has bulked up noticeably already.

Still plenty of preseason to go for him to continue to build.

Let's see how he can continue to add to his frame and then how he handles himself in the trials I say...

denis preston

First Grade
Cody has been putting in on and off the paddock.

He has hit 90kg and is doing extras at Tszyu Boxing and in the community.
He just donated a lot of gear to be sent to kids in Fijian villages too.

He also found the entrance to a barber shop. 🤣🤣
View attachment 56253
Thats what i see throughout the side, so many potential positives. Perhaps a lot of if's but with so many players looking for opportunities , the 8-10 young kids in the squad ( putting on muscle like Cody ) and the added depth & experience you would think the overall team improvement MUST come ?

Dragon David

First Grade
Thats what i see throughout the side, so many potential positives. Perhaps a lot of if's but with so many players looking for opportunities , the 8-10 young kids in the squad ( putting on muscle like Cody ) and the added depth & experience you would think the overall team improvement MUST come ?
Good for Cody for being involved in the community! Also good that his long strands of hair have been cut back. IMO this will improve his taking of the high ball and catching and passing in general play as I think that the long strands were in his way quite a bit last season.

Cody gets some stick on this forum but if Suli fires Cody could score 20 tries this year. Our left side attack has been a basket case for years. I’m a fan of Cody I for one am hoping he has a big season & we finally get some balance with Lomax & Rav on the right.
Everyone has been saying Ramsay needed bulk. He’s done that. Last week showed he hasn’t lost any agility.
Good winger and a perfect backup for Sloan.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
What a performance by this fella today! No way do we score 24 points today without him. That speed and threatening the line with ball in hand made the attack look a lot better and took pressure off Hunt. The commitment to catch the high ball and defensive positioning was great too. Well done Cody.